rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Release Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed their laserscanned Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to release for the rFactor 2 simulation next week...
  • The new track arrives as paid DLC very soon.
  • Laserscanned version of the modern Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
  • DLC pricing yet to be confirmed.

We’ve had the announcement, we've seen a few teaser shots and now we get a new teaser video and release date - the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is heading to rFactor 2 next week!

One of the most community requested circuits for rFactor 2 is heading the way of the simulation this month, adding yet another high profile addition to the quickly growing official track roster within the sim. Set to receive the usual recent Studio 397 treatment for new track releases, we can rest assured this is going to be one very enjoyable and accurate recreation of the Belgian venue - and should please plenty of the community who have been requesting the home of the Belgian Grand Prix make an appearance in modern form within the title.

Stay tuned in the coming days for the full trailer reveal and more information about this exciting new piece of content.

Original Source: rFactor 2 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
You probably do. Or you should choose some simcade or arcade. You will never have joy out of proper simulation if you work very hard and can not properly refresh to deal with intense racing. And it sounds like what you aim for is very intesne racing, because racing at old Spa or modern racecars at Nordschleife will never be easy, and if you aren't absolutely concentrated and able to predict AI, you will never get those races clean with those track/car combinations.

Yes, i probably should find a new hobby, with people so quick to make rude assumptions. What has the AI fetching hay bales across the circuit time after time got to do with my persistence? I must have over 500 starts at Belgium '66 for maybe 5 complete races...

And actually modern race cars at Nords' with TC & ABS are easy. Cars stopping randomly on circuit, no accident, just stopping is what exactly? Other than a pile up as the AI plough into the backs of said stationary objects.

Simcade you say? Normally i respect your opinion (Edit:insult removed).

Last edited:
Yes, you probably need a new hobby if you some how convince yourself that the only worthy SIM is RF2 and all the other SIM are just pretend SIM.
Here we are, in the golden age of SIM racing and all you can see is RF2 as worthy of your time, even though you admit that it is frustrating you. :rolleyes:
Not only do you need a new hobby, you need help. If it can be of any recomfort, a few other in this thread also need urgent help. :(

Here we go again. Another expert on me... whatever

My apologies Mantasisg, but i chose Rf2. I like difficult combinations, my favourite thing in all sim racing is Formula Vee. I have thousands of sim laps at Nords and could do it it my sleep, in any car.

A bug causing Bentleys to stop mid-circuit has nothing to do with fatigue.

This is what i look forward to all week and by now have many many many frustrated weekends under my belt. To suggest is should give up and go simcade seemed a bit of an insult.

Last edited:
Here we go again. Another expert on me... whatever

You are correct, I apologize, I should not assume to know you, because I don't.
I hope you stay with this hobby and that it will give you as much fun and entertainment that it gives to me.
I have a favorite, but I also use most of the other suspects, so when one, inevitably, is not giving me joy, I use an other one, they all have interesting content and they are all mine, as they are resident on my hard drive(s).

@Bob Gnarley Oh sorry. I see now how that could be insulting. I find myself only truly attracted to rF2 too lately. The bond has become even stronger since I constantly dabble with car physics making. I am lately too busy to get immersed into simulation, real life is just too demanding right now, at time like this it is difficult to switch into gaming properly. Last time I played rF2 I just crashed out and immediately turned rF2 off lol, my mind nor mood wasn't in the sim. I am starting to think now how cool it would be to throw classic 911 around targa florio, or some 50s endurance cars.

At time like this I just simply wouldn't try to race AI at old Spa at all, I know for sure that they aren't very good to race in that particular track. As for Nordschleife I have no idea what the issue could be, I have not experienced things like that in rF2 yet, AI never just stop in the middle of the road for me. There are many other possible ways to race rF2 that are way less difficult, and wouldn't require as many or any restarts.

So will this one track be more expensive, the same or less than ACC's release of Imola next week that also includes two new cars?

Whatever the price the Members of the "RD Haters Club" will find something wrong with it, meanwhile in MSF2020 Land there's yet another Airport for Sale at 25Euros......Racing Simmers really don't know how easy they've got it!

I've been watching this thread from the start and have come to the conclusion that every time S397 announce any new content all the whingers start to come out of the woodwork. I imagine the price is going to be around the £10 mark which I don't think is an unreasonable price considering the amount of work, time and effort that goes into producing a track, especially when you consider the £1000s of pounds people spend on their rigs and I wonder how many people have paid over the retail price for their 30 series graphic cards and yet they think £10 is too high for a track. I just don't think people realise the amount work that is involved to produce a track. I've played around with the graphics of several tracks and it is so time consuming to get it right so I appreciate the amount of work involved to produce a track from scratch.

I've been watching this thread from the start and have come to the conclusion that every time S397 announce any new content all the whingers start to come out of the woodwork. I imagine the price is going to be around the £10 mark which I don't think is an unreasonable price considering the amount of work, time and effort that goes into producing a track, especially when you consider the £1000s of pounds people spend on their rigs and I wonder how many people have paid over the retail price for their 30 series graphic cards and yet they think £10 is too high for a track. I just don't think people realise the amount work that is involved to produce a track. I've played around with the graphics of several tracks and it is so time consuming to get it right so I appreciate the amount of work involved to produce a track from scratch.
It's not just the effort and man hours, but the lisencing costs. I think many people underestimate how much a track like Spa costs and it get's even more difficult if you want to fund further development by DLC income, wich just forces you to set the price point higher. I suspect, S397 certainly aren't getting rich, trinking Tequila on their yacht by selling Spa for a tenner.

How getting SPA is being "hopelessly disorganised" ? Well I agree with you, it is a bit of chaos with rF2 and S397 while moving forward does not seem to be doing any magic, but are you suggesting nothingness ? Nothingness is surely rather well organised.

What are you talking about? Tell me what the devs priorities are. After all this time, years, we're getting a random product.
I'd have expected certain elements to be in game. Spa is a very obvious track to include, so I'm questioning the timing. Why after all these years Spa arrives now, while much needed work still hasn't been done.

Think of your top 5 issues that are STILL waiting, I have my list. It's the same as from years ago. Essential aspects just aren't finished, yet after all this time Spa drops. Just struck me as somehow inappropriate.

I just want someone to get a grip of the project and drive it in a definite direction and get the game to where we all want it to be.

Or offline. Another wasted evening of restarts and pile ups. Yet more wasted time trying to get historic F2's to complete Belgium '66 followed by GT3's at Nords' with whichever Bentleys randomly stopping dead mid circuit.

You work, give your time away all week just looking forward to the couple of quiet hours when you can fire up Rf2, pick a car and circuit and start a race, and restart, and restart, and restart. Choose another car and start, and restart. Choose another circuit and start and restart and give up for the evening only to do the same next week.

Much as I absolutely love Rf2 when i get a good race out of it, mostly it frustrates the heck out of me. Think i need a new hobby...

I couldn't agree more with you, @Bob Gnarley, and perhaps you are taking heat from fanboys or guys who do little offline, due to work I had to move away from online, times on league racing were not working, and despite of the impressive selection of tracks rf2 ends up killing me with the AI behavior, almost useless to the point I end up on AMS2's or ACC's very, very limited content selection, (almost no american tracks for one).

One thing I did just recently in rf2 and it helped a bit was to switch "rule settings" to Black Only, which eliminates stupid "YEllow Yellow Yellow Yellow"s almost every time in almost every track... still not great tho.

It almost makes me think twice before spending $10 bucks on yet another Spa if the free one is good and if this one is not going to improve AI Behavior...

S396 is a bit or a lot disorganized... things like this have gone on for very long and limit possibility to become the true preferred sim which they could be...

And? It was suggested that i was too tired to run difficult car/track combo's. Not my words, someone else's.

Go on, what should my reply have been? Let's have your two pence worth...
It was a joke (and very clearly taking your words out of context, because it was a bit of a funny coincidence how you phrased it). Chill. You're taking this way too seriously, and that's *me* saying it.

Last edited:
Yes, i probably should find a new hobby, with people so quick to make rude assumptions. What has the AI fetching hay bales across the circuit time after time got to do with my persistence? I must have over 500 starts at Belgium '66 for maybe 5 complete races...

And actually modern race cars at Nords' with TC & ABS are easy. Cars stopping randomly on circuit, no accident, just stopping is what exactly? Other than a pile up as the AI plough into the backs of said stationary objects.

Simcade you say? Normally i respect your opinion (Edit:insult removed).

Wait.... are you..... are you saying a track that was made by a mod creator and not s397 is giving you headaches? And of course there’s gonna be wrecks at Nord; it’s nord lmfao even in PCars 2 I can’t get into a GT3 AI race without 3 restarts because a boso up front got turned. Racing isn’t 100% highlight reels. **** it’s barely 30% highlights with the rest being excruciating agony. Try any online racing sim and you’ll find a lobby with worse players than s397’s inherited AI system (that they’ve been making better from when I started last year).
Tl;Dr We aren’t Senna. We aren’t Earnhardt Sr. We aren’t Jim Clarke. We are average joes.

Last edited:
No not only Reiza. Raceroom has lots of interesting tracks to discover afaik. iRacing is also known for great track selection. There are a lot of older rF2 content of tracks that are much more original option than few top tracks that circulate everywhere, but those fe tracks weren't avilable in legit way untill recently, or next week speaking of SPA. The really kool interesting track that has been released to rF2 this year for free is Portland. By the way, there is also modding, but I dig the point - it doesn't count.

By the way. You do name NZ and Aussie tracks, so it means you want tracks that you are familiar with. So you follow the same pattern. Those few race tracks that gets to be exposed everywhere, are getting such treatment because they are mostly familiar to everybody thats a bit into racing. Would you like some racetracks from Baltic states, do you know where baltic states are without google ? :D

Ok. no one cares, why I participate.
I can tell you that modding do count, there are many many venues that aren't a viable commercial project, and maybe some one find the time or time to do it.

I have bring to rf2 a conversion on an old rf track from my country and even create another track that's been built in country from zero. There is no chance a game studio bring those tracks, they are simply not that popular.

What are you talking about? Tell me what the devs priorities are. After all this time, years, we're getting a random product.
I'd have expected certain elements to be in game. Spa is a very obvious track to include, so I'm questioning the timing. Why after all these years Spa arrives now, while much needed work still hasn't been done.

Think of your top 5 issues that are STILL waiting, I have my list. It's the same as from years ago. Essential aspects just aren't finished, yet after all this time Spa drops. Just struck me as somehow inappropriate.

I just want someone to get a grip of the project and drive it in a definite direction and get the game to where we all want it to be.
I think you are ignoring the fact that they need to sell DLCs to fund further development. And priorities for the sim have been talked and discussed since years now. If it isn't obvious for you that the graphics engine, UI and competition infrastructure have been the main projects, with MP stability and general bug fixes being done along the way then you should maybe read the last ten road maps.

And why we get Spa is pretty obvious aswell. The main focus for rF2 has been endurance racing since S397 took over development - even the studio name suggests it - besides the Formula E content and if you would ask me about the next track after Spa it would propably be a FE or another endurance track. Next to that Spa is pretty popular for online racing, so they release this track to make their online structure more attractive. On the other hand Marcel emphazised allways on the open system of the sim. You can use it as a Karting platform, Stockcar platform or for what ever. There are people exclusively producing historic content for it. Anyway, I think it would be a far stretch to imply that S397 lacks focus. That's clearly been an issue under ISI but certainly not right now.

Yes we all want that. Who knows whats the situation, we have no idea. We all would wish that there would be hundred of coders at work with rF2 and all working successfully. But we have no idea how the process is going on, and we do nothing about it, by just expressing a wish. Besides, SPA release is irrelevant to the problem that you are talking about.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 85 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 59 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 124 13.7%