rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Release Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed their laserscanned Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to release for the rFactor 2 simulation next week...
  • The new track arrives as paid DLC very soon.
  • Laserscanned version of the modern Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
  • DLC pricing yet to be confirmed.

We’ve had the announcement, we've seen a few teaser shots and now we get a new teaser video and release date - the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is heading to rFactor 2 next week!

One of the most community requested circuits for rFactor 2 is heading the way of the simulation this month, adding yet another high profile addition to the quickly growing official track roster within the sim. Set to receive the usual recent Studio 397 treatment for new track releases, we can rest assured this is going to be one very enjoyable and accurate recreation of the Belgian venue - and should please plenty of the community who have been requesting the home of the Belgian Grand Prix make an appearance in modern form within the title.

Stay tuned in the coming days for the full trailer reveal and more information about this exciting new piece of content.

Original Source: rFactor 2 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Actually there are a couple of not that known tracks in this sim. S397 produced or let produce many of them.
Understand this request and wish, and I'm sure the future brings us some surprises.
I'm a fan of more unknown tracks as well, however at the moment the big and popular ones are the requested most likely.

Spa is always a welcomed addition to any racing simulation.
I'm sure S397 will do a good job of it.
They have, with all of the parts they've 'touched' since taking over the raw state ISI left behind.
I just wish they would 'pause' after this release, to re-visit and correct much of the still glaring non-track/non-car issues. Many of those have existed since the beginning.
If you drop a wheel off the paved surface, the resulting kick-up still looks a horrible mess.
Smoke from tires looks like cotton balls and not at all life-like.
Rain still looks cartoonish despite an ISI RF2 introductory clip which pre-dates the game's release.
Little things matter to overall immersion.
Folks have asked and asked for way too many years, without any timeline for a fix or even a simple acknowledgement of these things.
launching the sim to try getting into a multiplayer session is almost futile...despite checking the four boxes for compatibility.
While new tracks are good to have, it makes little sense to keep releasing them if folks can't race other folks on them.

The innumerable bugs are never going to be fixed. Even if S397 were willing to spend the time and money to fix them (they aren't), they still don't have the know-how.

My advice to anyone with the sim is to just try to enjoy what's already in it. Don't support an anti-consumer developer by making further purchases.

It's always good to see new stuff, but as much as i can like RFactor2, i won't spend anymore money on it until we get a proper online experience...

Or offline. Another wasted evening of restarts and pile ups. Yet more wasted time trying to get historic F2's to complete Belgium '66 followed by GT3's at Nords' with whichever Bentleys randomly stopping dead mid circuit.

You work, give your time away all week just looking forward to the couple of quiet hours when you can fire up Rf2, pick a car and circuit and start a race, and restart, and restart, and restart. Choose another car and start, and restart. Choose another circuit and start and restart and give up for the evening only to do the same next week.

Much as I absolutely love Rf2 when i get a good race out of it, mostly it frustrates the heck out of me. Think i need a new hobby...

Last edited:
RF2 is hopelessly disorganised. NOW we're getting Spa? Are we forgetting the myriad of things unfinished or simply not done.
Perhaps they need new leadership, new drive. A complete overhaul of what, when and how is called for. It's a shame that so much potential just isn't being realised. We're talking a serious amount of time has passed in the life of RF2.
I want it to succeed so badly, I have invested so much emotionally. Just frustrated I guess.

I'm not sure what people have against this release. If you don't want it, don't buy it. For me, it's great, and they've got my money as soon as it comes out. ¯\_ツ_/¯

I do think that some lesser-know tracks (at least, in the sim world) would be cool. rF2 already has some; Portland and Loch Drummond come to mind as two tracks that I otherwise wouldn't have discovered, along with Atlanta MP. But Spa is part of what may ultimately bring more people to rF2 (along with bug fixes and UI improvements) which is what the sim really needs at the end of the day imo.

Another thing I'd like to point out (and I see this sometimes in the comments of posts about AMS2) is that the folks developing the content are generally not the same as those fixing the UI or working on backend stuff. It's not like they can just magically allocate that manpower towards fixing other things. If they've got staff that can produce content, well, they may as well produce content

RF2 is hopelessly disorganised. NOW we're getting Spa? Are we forgetting the myriad of things unfinished or simply not done.
Perhaps they need new leadership, new drive. A complete overhaul of what, when and how is called for. It's a shame that so much potential just isn't being realised. We're talking a serious amount of time has passed in the life of RF2.
I want it to succeed so badly, I have invested so much emotionally. Just frustrated I guess.
I 100% agree! Just pony up the cash and buyout S397. Best of luck, anxiously waiting for your results!

ISI did not made junk. ISI made great simulation, that was a bit lacking here and there while also being too ambitious for the time, rF2 is probably still too ambitious looking at what simracers are talking and how they are acting. It is not surprising that they left and passed the project over.

ISI had always said it was all about the online and physical not candy canes and fairy floss

People don't acknowledge gmotor2.5 is very old, funny because personally it still has best physical experience

It is like expecting any other studio could take hand me down Rieza/Kunos/ SMS engines and make them into AMS2/ACC/pCars3 :rolleyes:

I believe Marcel said in a recent interview that the plan is to move exclusively to the 64 bit application which should free up resources. I do hope that it will result in an improved offline experience as the DLC thats been released in this past year is impressive.

Last edited:
Or offline. Another wasted evening of restarts and pile ups. Yet more wasted time trying to get historic F2's to complete Belgium '66 followed by GT3's at Nords' with whichever Bentleys randomly stopping dead mid circuit.

You work, give your time away all week just looking forward to the couple of quiet hours when you can fire up Rf2, pick a car and circuit and start a race, and restart, and restart, and restart. Choose another car and start, and restart. Choose another circuit and start and restart and give up for the evening only to do the same next week.

Much as I absolutely love Rf2 when i get a good race out of it, mostly it frustrates the heck out of me. Think i need a new hobby...

You probably do. Or you should choose some simcade or arcade. You will never have joy out of proper simulation if you work very hard and can not properly refresh to deal with intense racing. And it sounds like what you aim for is very intesne racing, because racing at old Spa or modern racecars at Nordschleife will never be easy, and if you aren't absolutely concentrated and able to predict AI, you will never get those races clean with those track/car combinations.

Sometimes when I am tired and frustrated I can not enjoy simracing in any way. Thats why they make arcades and simcades, you can win there while you are barely conscious.

How getting SPA is being "hopelessly disorganised" ? Well I agree with you, it is a bit of chaos with rF2 and S397 while moving forward does not seem to be doing any magic, but are you suggesting nothingness ? Nothingness is surely rather well organised.

Yes, you probably need a new hobby if you some how convince yourself that the only worthy SIM is RF2 and all the other SIM are just pretend SIM.
Here we are, in the golden age of SIM racing and all you can see is RF2 as worthy of your time, even though you admit that it is frustrating you. :rolleyes:
Not only do you need a new hobby, you need help. If it can be of any recomfort, a few other in this thread also need urgent help. :(

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years