rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed they are set to release the mighty Spa-Francorchamps circuit for rFactor 2 later this month.

Having taken to social media earlier today, Studio 397 have finally confirmed the mystery track heading the way of rFactor 2 later this month will be Spa-Francorchamps - adding yet another high profile laserscanned circuit to the simulation.

At present, the studio have just revealed initial screenshots of the circuit in game, however an exact release date has yet to be revealed, aside from the fact it should be released within the month of November.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more news and information about this exciting new track release as and when it becomes available.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Spa 3.jpg

So where does this 3/10 rating come from? If I have made such a rating I have also written why I gave it. If you are going to nail me down to a number then at least take the words that come it...

It comes from here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rate-the-sims-community-edition-rfactor-2.175996/
Satisfied? I hope you didn't think I made it up?
rf2_rRD.jpg

For some reason I remembered your name as someone who just loves to take jabs at rF2 while touting up AC at the same time. I like to know who I talk to, and where they come from so I checked last years' ratings from RD, and low and behold there it was. 3/10 for rF2 and 9/10 AC.

I'm sorry, you may not like rF2, but anyone who rates a sim that has one the best if not the best FFB and physics so low, is very likely just trolling whenever the chance. 3/10 is just garbage rating for any sim imo and if I see someone that constantly throws jabs at specific sim, I wonder if his motives are genuine (to try to make the sim better) or if he just wants to bring the sim down. Generally the language the person uses is also telling (sim is crap, online is dead, servers are crap, etc. without specifics or even substance). For instance you called rF2 online dead which is BS. If so that means AMS, R3E and should I even mention AMS? - are all dead as well. Maybe we should just give up and play AC? ;)

I'm no rF2 cultist (hello Martin ;)), I totally agree with you that rF2 has shortcomings and I actually rated both AMS and R3E higher in those polls myself. Some other sims may be a better overall package than rF2, but I won't deny it has it's strengths in things that matter.

ETA: I just checked and you didn't give a reason why such a low rating (or I missed it). You gave a reason in AC thread why you gave it 9/10 though. I guess rF2 wasn't worth wasting your time to write something so you just gave it crap rating and left

Last edited:
In rf2 if I want to join a server that has other people I need to try to join many servers because chances are I don't even get in in 80% of cases. And when I get in it might be that despite the server list showing 15 slots filled on that server in reality there is just one human player there. I also need to join the server to see the schedule, the session and all basic stuff. If it is one human there idling, 30 minute practice left, 30 minute quali and 7 lap race I'm not going to bother. In other sims I can see all of that from the server browser so the only sim I have this issue is rf2.

You see, this is great feedback!
You have valid point here. This is the stuff that may help, if devs read it. Hopefully they are working to improve it along with the new UI (yes, it takes ages)

You don't need to update anything if you don't want to. Mods don't get updated that often. And in ac mod updates are sometimes as simple as 2 second downloads because they are simple text files doing adjustments via content manager. And in my experience copy pasting is still faster than even the fully automated rf2 process. Zip file downloads quickly and opens instantly then you just unpack it. In rf2 there are a lot more steps and it is just slower.

I can download a mod and install it in ac quicker than I load into a sim in rf2 in a car/track combo I don't need to update. There is nothing I can do in rf2 quicker than I can do in ac except check that my mods are up to date. But to actually update anything takes a lot longer. Personally I like having options. In ac I can choose to update or not. Sometimes an update is not an improvement so I can just manually roll back to older version. Not to mention getting rid of mod is also much quicker.

I didn't have time to respond to this, and I think it's too late to edit my post, but this seriously needs addressing because it clearly shows how biased you are toward your sim of choice. You twist stuff not paying attention to how ridiculous you are.

There is no way in hell AC process is faster, because you do it manually. You have to keep the track of the mods, search for the mod (takes the most time), download it, and then install. In rF2 because it's all integrated within workshop it's automatic. All you have to do is press 'play' and it will update itself. You can do it in the background while reading something on the net, eat breakfast, have a beer, whatever. The process takes time but all you had to do was to hit that 'Play' button. It doesn't involve YOUR time, while in AC it does exactly that. If you have one mod to update, well, yeah, it's doable. If there is 10 or more, things start to get bad.

Your argument that mods don't get updated that often so it's no biggie? Twisting reality, some mods are updated fairly often. What's often, what's rare is subjective so I'll leave it at that.
ac_mods_rev.jpg

Just one random mod from AC, some will get updated more often, some less frequently, this works better with my narrative ;) so what the hell. Easier to prove my point lol

The argument that you don't want to update a mod is pure BS if you race online, because the mod should be required to be exactly the same version everyone else is running, don't you think? Again, this I believe is twisting reality because the way rF2 does it is way superior to AC. Auto vs manual process

Last edited:
"With a 6000 $ sim-racing equipment, I play PC2 and ACC."
Ahh man, such a waste of equipment.

That's only your opinion,

Sure it's a waste for me when:

-I enjoy playing sims (old and new) on occasion, satisfied with the overall experience in old and new games.
-Have no financial problems (what's more, I can afford to buy another of these if I want to).
-Don't have to deal with video game errors of any kind. And I can always do a lot more than just hot laps or sign up for private leagues (which I don't, my time is limited).
-My sim equipment is custom-built for those two old games, and work without problems in PC2 and ACC.
-Games such as rFactor2 and iRacing uses more than 70% of the source code used in F1C and GPL, respectively. What''s more, F1C and GPL are finished products and you can enjoy them playing under whatever mode you want.

Besides, I believe there is no game that can simulate perfect what they intend to recreate.

DLCs? Hmmmmm... nah, I prefer going to Barcelona-Catalunya and rent a lower formula car (or a sports car) when I can. I live near the track. Or just doing a kart race for fun. I wish I could test an F1 car they have in rental but I can only continue dreaming. :roflmao: But at least I have an affordable alternative and this is better than nothing.

Do you enjoy what you do for many years and can you take it further in your own way without compromising your finances? Well, that's all that matters. With this, the purchase is worth it.

Testing now the Coloni-Subaru in F1C, released by Cherry, Constantin, and FortiF1 just today, and later I will just have fun in PC2 using Jack Spade Custom FFB mod.

Last edited:
I wonder if his motives are genuine (to try to make the sim better)

So we are exchanging post here to try to make SIM better! I got it all wrong then, I thought we were exchanging opinions on how we feel about SIM, sharing experiences. I hope the moderators are reading you and erase all post not related to making a SIM better, thing will look much clearer.
Or, maybe, you are mistaken about RD, where we exchange on impressions and experiences with a particular game, sorry we are talking about RF2, so SIM.
On a dedicated support forum that is where people are trying, in some cases for 7 years, to make a sim better. What you are looking for is : HERE

Last edited:
Again, I agree with you that things have to be made more streamlined and intuitive for (new) users.
No, not just for new users. For everybody. The rf2 server browser just for starters is not any better for old users. It lacks massive amount of basic features that are missing for everybody. Do you want a list? I can make lists.

But to claim that logging into RD to manualy handle zip files is faster than automated processes is propably the biggest nonesense I've ever read.
To install
In ac:
1. go to racedepartment.com
2. search for mod by name in downloads
3. download it
4. open the package and unpack it into ac folder /drag the zip file over content manager
done

In rf2:
1. go to steam, navigate to the game workshop, search for mod by name
2. subscribe to it.
3. it downloads automatically although you get no confirmation of this. You just have to know subscribing means install
4. start rf2 and it runs the mod installer
done

Then do that when joining a server. The rf2 system falls apart so badly that the failure rate is higher than success rate. It takes insanely long time to download and install the content the server requires before you can join. And you can not avoid it because there is no way to speed it up doing it manually...

The mod removal is simple in ac as it is a case of simply deleting a folder and the content manager can even open the folder for you. In rf2 you need to hunt down the mod from steam and then unsub. In reality the automatic thing is not faster because in the end in both cases it is all about searching for the button to press and to get to t hat button is quicker in ac. Ac is also adding a mod installer/downloader via content manager but haven't used it.

That being said I need to go find that rf2 folder where it stores massive amounts of useless junk. I need more diskspace... turns out this can not be done, every mod takes twice the space it needs
In that regard I wonder how a sim that is supposed to be a total mess according to some users here manages to get very positive user reviews on Steam in a hub very basicly everything is ripped in pieces when it doesn't work. Propably all of them were written by fanboys ...
Well you said it, not me. And calling rf2 a total mess is something I'd agree. Doesn't mean the game doesn't have positives but boy does it have negatives.

After all if a person doesn't fall in love with rf2 then "rf2 is not for you". The game never really seems to be issue. It is always the user. It is that mantra of "maybe rf2 is not for you" that seems to embody the whole is so fully that progress is almost frowned upon because in the end it would mean validating the haters.

I didn't have time to respond to this, and I think it's too late to edit my post, but this seriously needs addressing because it clearly shows how biased you are toward your sim of choice. You twist stuff not paying attention to how ridiculous you are.
And we are starting to get into the issue with rf2 here. Once a person criticizes rf2 the person himself suddenly becomes the talking point. Somehow I need to prove that I am worthy, I am not a hater, that I don't have agenda, that I don't twist facts. How do I even prove that? I'm not asking you to prove you are not a fanboy. Like, can we talk about the topic? The topic is not me or you.

Your argument that mods don't get updated that often so it's no biggie? Twisting reality, some mods are updated fairly often. What's often, what's rare is subjective so I'll leave it at that.
No it is a fact. Just because a mod has an update doesn't mean it is a must install. It doesn't break anything. And it gives you the choice to even use older version. Sure it is a miniscule positive in the end but it also means ac loads just as quickly after a day of absence and year of absence.

The argument that you don't want to update a mod is pure BS if you race online, because the mod should be required to be exactly the same version everyone else is running, don't you think? Again, this I believe is twisting reality because the way rF2 does it is way superior to AC. Auto vs manual process
Why don't you try that magical rf2 online file sharing join a server system? It seems to crap out more often than not, downloads and install takes forever. In ac I can see even before joining if I have all the content and also in some cases I can see if my files are up to date too.

It comes from here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rate-the-sims-community-edition-rfactor-2.175996/
Satisfied? I hope you didn't think I made it up?
View attachment 418703

For some reason I remembered your name as someone who just loves to take jabs at rF2 while touting up AC at the same time. I like to know who I talk to, and where they come from so I checked last years' ratings from RD, and low and behold there it was. 3/10 for rF2 and 9/10 AC.

I think 3/10 for rf2 is right, it is my opinion of the game after all. Ratings are not facts, there is no unified sim rating system out there. Yes great physics but tons of issues. It is hard to have fun with rf2. Would my points become valid if I rated rf2 9/10? And I don't rate sims based on the length of their feature lists or focus on single thing. For me all that matters is how well it works. Ac works, ams works, rf2 doesn't work.

I believe they are working on this as high priority.
After 8 years it is finally a high priority (server browser that works). Wonder what changed? "Haters" moaned about it and the devs finally saw it as an issue?

Last edited:
So we are exchanging post here to try to make SIM better! I got it all wrong then, I thought we were exchanging opinions on how we feel about SIM, sharing experiences. I hope the moderators are reading you and erase all post not related to making a SIM better, thing will look much clearer.
Or, maybe, you are mistaken about RD, where we exchange on impressions and experiences with a particular game, sorry we are talking about RF2, so SIM.
On a dedicated support forum that is where people are trying, in some cases for 7 years, to make a sim better. What you are looking for is : HERE

Since you addressed me directly I respond.
Rf2 becomes better by only the devs making it better and that means fixing the various issues the game has.

I said what I said in response to that post, so why you directing the question at me?

You've been here a while so you most likely know some people love to start "my sim is better than yours" discussions. If I see same people, that are probably not interested that much in rF2 anyway, come over and over and take jabs at it I react. Isn't it in my right?
How do you think things would end if I was visiting AC forums expressing how I think AC sucks all the time? Or yeah, you got this new track but rF2 is better because..., etc. Knowing AC community probably not too well.

At least rF2 is still in development. Some things are going really slow, but at least there is a chance they will get to them eventually.
S397 brought some great, high quality tracks, secured some licenses that were unheard of in rF (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, etc), moved to DX11, etc.

I'm as frustrated as the next guy we don't get more done faster, but maybe it isn't that easy.

How do you think things would end if I was visiting AC forums expressing how I think AC sucks all the time?
Stop being so tribalistic. You don'T need to defend rf2 just because you take the criticism so personally. I'd welcome you to go to ac section to post criticism. You can even go there, download the track I made and be as brutally critic as you can muster. It doesn't actually offend me.

Why would I be against you posting criticism of ac?? I don't get this "my sim is my feelings" approach to sim racing.

Stop being so tribalistic. You don'T need to defend rf2 just because you take the criticism so personally. I'd welcome you to go to ac section to post criticism. You can even go there, download the track I made and be as brutally critic as you can muster. It doesn't actually offend me.

Why would I be against you posting criticism of ac?? I don't get this "my sim is my feelings" approach to sim racing.
Posting critisicm about AC makes no sense anymore as development is abandoned. End of the story I guess. I would like to see Kunos fixing their laughable starting procedures, options for "race weekends" and sessions, rule systems and pit procedures, but they've left the ship to milk a new cow, wich is a pretty solid one btw. I think it's fine to criticize products and offer feedback when it fits, but you are easily as stubborn about "that sim is not my feeling" as people saying "my sim is my feeling". Reading your comments especialy about the mod management in the two different products I have the impression that you have a very predefined view on how you want your opinion to be. In fact installing a mod via steam for rF2 can be a matter of two simple clicks after booting my PC. I can even do that without being at my PC. :p

I have no problem admitting that the rF2 server browser is a POS. But at the same time I don't understand why it's so hard for you to admit that mod management in rF2 is lightyears ahead without the need to login somewhere, using browsers or 3rd party apps nor to lurk through forums. A new AC user first of all needs to know that there is something like CM and even that needs a secondary app. It's not a build in system while rF2 offers everything out of the box. I can even open the forum through the new UI and download mods from the 3rd party section or look for help or general info in a matter of few clicks. There simply isn't something like mod manager needed. I am playing moddable games since two decades, even still modding good old BF2 - a game from 2005 - and even we have a much more straight forward management system for our mod than one will ever get for AC mods. AC is simply stuck in the stone age when it comes to that area - and it's one of the reasons why CM even exists. Because otherwise it wouldn't be called content manager.

Last edited:
What does any of this have to do with the topic in the title of this thread? I think we've had enough now gents. If you wish to discuss your opinions on one sim v another, please take it to an appropriate forum or continue via PM. I'm not a moderator, but enough is enough. Please can we stay on topic. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%