rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed they are set to release the mighty Spa-Francorchamps circuit for rFactor 2 later this month.

Having taken to social media earlier today, Studio 397 have finally confirmed the mystery track heading the way of rFactor 2 later this month will be Spa-Francorchamps - adding yet another high profile laserscanned circuit to the simulation.

At present, the studio have just revealed initial screenshots of the circuit in game, however an exact release date has yet to be revealed, aside from the fact it should be released within the month of November.

Stay tuned to RaceDepartment.com for more news and information about this exciting new track release as and when it becomes available.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Spa 3.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Not another sim with Spa/Nordschlife/Silverstone/Monza/Bathurst/Suzuka.

Let's have a sim where the tracks are made up and no one has ever driven them. No previous races or pictures to refer to. And release a new track every 6 months. Then no one can talk about whether it was laser scanned and all that crap.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Not another sim with Spa/Nordschlife/Silverstone/Monza/Bathurst/Suzuka.

Let's have a sim where the tracks are made up and no one has ever driven them. No previous races or pictures to refer to. And release a new track every 6 months. Then no one can talk about whether it was laser scanned and all that crap.

Or how about a sim with made up in the virtual world (Toban), tracks copied from the physical world (Spa) and even some tracks that are both (inaccurate versions of tracks in the real world, that actually turn out to be great in their virtual counterpart), like one of those wrong notes you play when jamming, but then you keep using it cause you've stumbled across a happy mistake!

To be fair, hundreds of man hours goes into building high quality tracks like this and there will licensing costs to be paid as well, so I doubt S397 will be making big money here.

I'm just glad the track has been built and we all have the choice buy it if we so choose.
I agree, we all have the choice, but their pricing is crazy high. Their 2018 Le Mans track costs AUD$17.97. Pure greed and profiteering.

I bought AMS2 for less than that. They can shove Spa up their ass. I've already got many superior versions than what they will try and gouge me for.

Last edited:
I agree, we all have the choice, but their pricing is crazy high. Their 2018 Le Mans track costs AUD$17.97. Pure greed and profiteering.

I bought AMS2 for less than that. They can shove Spa up their ass. I've already got many superior versions than what they will try and gouge me for.
This has nothing to do with being greedy. There are no regional prices so everyone is paying the same based on currency rates. It's not S397s task to take care of a countries economy. I had to pay around 11 Euro for the track, wich isn't cheap here in central Europe but I wouldn't call it greedy for an outstanding track with that quality and the amount of tech and features. To say you don't get this anywhere else is an understatement.

You have many superior versions? How do you know? Their (S397) version is not even out yet, please share your inside knowledge

if you want to be profiteering, developing a hardcore racing sim is hardly the best way to go about it...

Last edited:
So before the end of the year rf2 will add Spa, Cadillac DPi, another endurance pack, more formula E content and the competition system and thats just the stuff we know of...yea, yea i know FiXtHeBuGs...but thats a nice list.
Hold up hold up hold up. Endurance pack? We know dpi will be part of a pack but pack was a mystery. Are you guessing it's endurance themed or do you KNOW it IS endurance themed?

Last edited:
To be fair, hundreds of man hours goes into building high quality tracks like this and there will licensing costs to be paid as well, so I doubt S397 will be making big money here.

I'm just glad the track has been built and we all have the choice buy it if we so choose.
Licensing cost for a well known track and the laserscan (separate company) greatly exceeds the costs of producing the track. So indeed they don't make much on it.

Last edited:
Hold up hold up hold up. Endurance pack? We know dpi will be part of a pack but pack was a mystery. Are you guessing it's endurance themed or do you KNOW it IS endurance themed?
Well they don't say the word "endurance" but in the paragraph about the Cadillac DPi they said it will be part of a pack. It would seem odd to pair a DPi with an openwheeler or something like that, so yes endurance is a guess on my part
From their October Roadmap:
"We are absolutely delighted to be bringing this outstanding machine to rFactor 2 (Cadillac DPi), and what’s more it will form part of a wider car pack that we plan to release close to the holiday season"

Last edited:
Considering how great (the best in the business imo) recent tracks were from S397, I'm excited. This is going to be day one purchase. rF2 needs major tracks so this is welcome addition for sure
It will be great, best in business, but it will take at least 6 months to get there as S397's record on content releases has shown a consistent trend to not being perfected on release date and the fixes drag on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%