rFactor 2 Screenshots

not impressed at all with the hdr shots on the right..... too overcooked for my tastes, not realistic at all..... rfactor is lacking in the graphics department in comparison to other sims and arcade racers out there. Sorry to say, because rfactor is my fave.... but these do not impress. :frown:

Alex Kyriak;966483 said:
doesn't look real at all.... overblown graphic effects... ISI - get a real life photo... then compare.... the engine doesn't seem up to it :frown:

it actually looks quite real in my yes at least. looks very very good. Best picture so far from this game.

Alex Kyriak;966483 said:
doesn't look real at all.... overblown graphic effects... ISI - get a real life photo... then compare.... the engine doesn't seem up to it :frown:

No game will EVER look fully realistic in terms of shading and thats just because... well think about it, in real life if the sun is in your eyes you can put sun glasses on, but thats not going to make any difference whatsoever when the glare is actually on your screen.

I think it looks horrible myself. They have used too many visual effects and the outcome is like somebody who is learning photoshop has tweaked it and gone way over the top. The shadowing on the hands is bad. I'll still buy the game, but I am losing a bit of enthusiasm with all the screenshots they keep releasing showing visual effects which I don't think look very good. I think they should be spending time on other things. I'd rather see more video footage showing off the physics. This is like seeing progress of a poor mod on moddb. Make some more promotional videos that show off the main features.

Completely agree with you even though, the screenshot does look quite good to me. ‘’Good’’ – means not in terms of realism, but good as overall in-game graphics, aesthetically pleasant! and maybe it’s even more important than ‘’closer to realism graphics’’ but less pleasant to our eyes.I would prefer to see some in-game footage and AI’s skills rather than this kind of preview approach (screenshots) that I personally don not share.My fear is – this game will have an excellent handling, good graphics and will be even more sim. focused as never and nothing else before but will have an horrible AI… including all the efforts they put into it.

Not really related to the sun effect...but does the angle of the hands relative to the steering wheel concern anyone else? The angle is very wide and does not look natural. I know it's nit-picking...but it just seems a bit wrong. Still anticipating the release of this title more than anything else upcoming.

Terry Rock;967040 said:
Not really related to the sun effect...but does the angle of the hands relative to the steering wheel concern anyone else? The angle is very wide and does not look natural. I know it's nit-picking...but it just seems a bit wrong. Still anticipating the release of this title more than anything else upcoming.

Your possibly right but it may look far better in motion.
Reckon I'll be disabling the hands and steering wheel anyway as I have my own.
They are getting my money regardless :redface:

Looks good, but not "real" by any length. The hands mentioned by Terry was the exact thing I thought when I first saw the photo.I'm not too interested in the graphics, they could have been the same as rF1 for all I care, in a title like this its all about the physics.

:) To clarify my comment about the photo, I didn't explain myself too well.... I didn't mean I think it looks bad because it's not photo-realistic, I just meant that to me it looks too overcooked or over exaggerated, almost for the sake of doing the effects, and to me ISI aren't about keeping up with the Joneses, they're about simulation, and the overcooked effects may detract from the sim. You can make something look more realistic than that with less saturated colours and some more subtle shadow effects - as you might see in a photo when compared to the above image - without it having to look absolutely photo real. Anyway, can't wait for RF2!.:)

Alex Kyriak;967600 said:
:) To clarify my comment about the photo, I didn't explain myself too well.... I didn't mean I think it looks bad because it's not photo-realistic, I just meant that to me it looks too overcooked or over exaggerated, almost for the sake of doing the effects, and to me ISI aren't about keeping up with the Joneses, they're about simulation, and the overcooked effects may detract from the sim. You can make something look more realistic than that with less saturated colours and some more subtle shadow effects - as you might see in a photo when compared to the above image - without it having to look absolutely photo real. Anyway, can't wait for RF2!.:)

i understand your point in some level but still disagree :) I´v been thinking these "effects" and if you observe real world and when sun shines heavily the air and the the world actually is full of surprising "effects". Even one thing many seems to dislike in games is the bloom - and when the sun hits a shiny car in real world it actually blooms really strong in reality also. You just don´t want to lay your yes in it becouse it hurts your eyes being so bright. Without a lots of visual effects you can´t build up realistically looking graphics. They just end up looking dull if you miss the effects.

Robert Walker;966929 said:
I think it looks horrible myself. They have used too many visual effects and the outcome is like somebody who is learning photoshop has tweaked it and gone way over the top. The shadowing on the hands is bad. I'll still buy the game, but I am losing a bit of enthusiasm with all the screenshots they keep releasing showing visual effects which I don't think look very good. I think they should be spending time on other things. I'd rather see more video footage showing off the physics. This is like seeing progress of a poor mod on moddb. Make some more promotional videos that show off the main features.
Turn them off? If it's those specific graphic effects, just don't use them? Or, as is possible with some, adjust them?

Terry Rock;967040 said:
The angle of the arms directly relates to the model of the driver they are attached to, which is all to a 1:1 scale... Put your own arms out infront of you and take a look.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%