rFactor 2 Screenshots

I hope that ISI builds in a QA system in rFactor that not lets all the mods in like in rF1 where too many mods are pure crap and a waste of bandwith and disc space. Wouldn't it be nice if only high quality mods like WSGT2, Enduracers, CART Factor etc would find their way to rF2.

That would be nice, perhaps not disallowing rubbish mods (because some do get better wuith public feedback) but with an 'ISI Approved' badge of some sort.

The rating system on rFC was excellent (once you got used to the fact that anything below 4 was awful) but of course that site is dead and is such a shame.

Ryan Callan;458185 said:
Shadows are very nice and it looks like you can put plenty of textures in. But awesome? No way. DiRT is awesome. SHIFT is awesome. GT5 is awesome. Forza is awesome. THAT is mediocre.

Yes but Ryan, aren't you looking at the likes of DiRT for the graphics, not the physics and the gameplay? I've never played Shift, and all the other games, though.

Also, I'm waiting for some video and some HD shots, and of course some HD video!

The screenshots are OK judged purely as screenshots.

They're not top notch, but equally they're hardly ugly are they?

I'm excited by the shots because of the content rather than the graphics. Everyone has differing criteria as to what does it for them, and 3 of those shots (including a potential combination of the three) hit me smack on my interest bullseye.

Which is more than can be said for Shift, Dirt, Forza etc.

Looks actually don't matter for me. The important thing is racing in this game. Even they don't improve the graphics i don't care, would be better for my graphic card. But if they don't improve the pyhsics and online play then i will be complaining. :rolleyes:

Some very interesting shots. The 60s stuff is very welcome though it looks to be unlicensed. The more modern stuff is licensed - looks like ISI have the Renault license at least. Good to see rFactor2 will probably have content that people will actually use.

The shadows are very nice, and the vegetation very detailed. The rain looks dreadful IMO but apparently the light brown fog is just part of the WIP and has been fixed.

Overall it doesn't look as good as Shift but then again it has to run with grids bigger than 16, with rain and probably at night. What's not really clear is if ISI will just catch up with where Simbin were three or four years ago with rain and animations or whether it will be a significant step forward.

Since Blimey! left, Simbin dropped pit-animations, dynamic lightning and real shadows. No doubt Simbin's products offer great entertainment, but their current gfx-engine is limited to sprint-racing unfortunately.

I totallty understand why they won't support dynamic lightning for their own content, but they could *wink, wink* leak some info on how to enable it for the community.Love the rf2 shadows, not the rain so much - MUST have dynamic lightning, show us...

Merry Xmas :wink:

I don't like that - the graphics are looking like Games Published 2005/2006 - and the Release Date is unknown ...

Sorry but there are perfect Shadows for years in other rendering Engines - thats nothing special new ...

Some Washed out Textures ...

And why are the pictures so small?? Are they trying to hide something to us?

Sorry but theres nothing much better than GTR Evo, GTR 2, rFactor - only new Shadows? Please...

Look how Forza, GT5, Shift looks and compare them with the shown pictures of rFactor 2...

And no it's not all about only physics .. we need great graphics for mire realism too .. :(

"And no it's not all about only physics .. we need great graphics for mire realism too"

Completely agree Simon, graphics immerse the player in the environment. I'll wait and see the game running first but those screenshots don't really look like the engine has had much of an upgrade. Graphics/Physics doesn't have to be an either/or choice they should work hand in hand with each other to immerse the player in the environment being simulated.

Sadly though once the modders get hold of it the game will end up looking even worse if modders are able to import tracks from generations old games like GP4 as they have with rFactor. Cardboard cut-out trees and scenery that scream 'FAKE' as you drive past them destroys the immersion.

Kevin Watts;458449 said:
Sadly though once the modders get hold of it the game will end up looking even worse if modders are able to import tracks from generations old games like GP4 as they have with rFactor. Cardboard cut-out trees and scenery that screen 'FAKE' as you drive past them destroys the immersion.

Exactly my worries :( I really hope that the converters now finally get creative and create stuff from scratch, as that was the reason rFactor was designed for.

We have been there and done that with all those old tracks, at least i have :(

Well we won't see any of those shoddy illegalities here at RD :)

However, for tracks that have been heavily modified (such as Suzuka, Monaco and Snetterton) from their base and are from games no longer for sale they should be allowed. But anyway.

Grave robbing from other sims whether they are still sold or not is not something I want to see in rF2. When converting these old tracks you're starting with a track not only years out of date in terms of its layout but based on the old style data they used (at best GPS) and the limitations of the quality of that layout in terms of accurate camber etc because the game engine used originally could not cope with all that data.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 212 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%