rFactor 2 Screen Freeze issue

Niranjan

Simracing is my antidepressant
I have had this screen freeze issue ruin a couple of my races now , it happens quite randomly and occasionally , ... only the image freezes ( game does not crash as audio and FFB continue to remain ok) .... sometimes Alt tabbing to desktop and back solves it, but sometimes when do that the whole game crashes , either way my races are ruined... can someone please tel me the solution for this ?? thank you !

Does your image hang for a while alongside with the sound and then continue after a couple of seconds, or does your image just stay the same way forever?

First thing is usually 100% a nvidia driver-crash which happens to tons of pepole in rf2, that's why I posted that.

I have an R9 380 and have seen this on occasion. I posted about it on the RF2 forum and several people responded that it's probably something running in the background. In my case, I've noticed in the last week or so that java has been popping up when I'm doing other stuff to tell me there's an update. Is it possible that one of your background-running apps is doing something likewise? I turned off all background apps that I don't absolutely need to have running (java updater, skype, dropbox, etc.) and that tend to send messages to the screen. I haven't had the issue since, so that might be a first place to start looking.

In my case, RF2 would minimize and the cars (and sound) would continue in the background until I maximized the game. People also say running in windowed mode (alt enter) also takes care of the problem.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back