rFactor 2 scaling issue?

Hello,

Let me start this thread by stating that I am a complete noob when it comes to gaming on a pc. I recently downloaded rFactor two from steam. However, when I launch the game, it's zoomed in so much that I can't even see what I'm doing. I have a laptop, and it's connected to a large Flatscreen TV via HDMI that I use as my primary display. When I disconnected the TV, the game window appeared as a small box in the upper left-hand corner of my laptop's monitor.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Rig: MSI GL63 8RC-068
VC: NVIDIA GTX 1050 ti
Processor: Intel i7-8750H

GPU_Monitor.jpg

If you want to switch monitors:
- Best thing to do is connect or disconnect the monitor.
- reboot your PC
- open the rFactor 2 launcher
- Click on the "Cog" icon
- Click on video
- Check the Selected GPU: "Auto" should prefer the GTX1050ti. But you can select the gtx1050ti manually if you want.
- Check the monitor: monitor #1
- Check resolution
- Check fullscreen/borderless/Windowed mode
- Check refreshrate

- Click OK.

PS:
- If your TV is connected and it is the main monitor in windows, it will be monitor #1 and your laptopscreen will be monitor #2. you can switch screens with this option.
- If your TV is NOT connected your laptopscreen will be the mainscreen: monitor #1.

When I disconnected the TV, the game window appeared as a small box
If you dissconnect you TV without reconfigure the rFactor 2 video settings, rF2 will launche with "fail safe" settings: 320x200 in windowed mode.

Last edited:
View attachment 257988

Thank you! It works.

If you want to switch monitors:
- Best thing to do is connect or disconnect the monitor.
- reboot your PC
- open the rFactor 2 launcher
- Click on the "Cog" icon
- Click on video
- Check the Selected GPU: "Auto" should prefer the GTX1050ti. But you can select the gtx1050ti manually if you want.
- Check the monitor: monitor #1
- Check resolution
- Check fullscreen/borderless/Windowed mode
- Check refreshrate

- Click OK.

PS:
- If your TV is connected and it is the main monitor in windows, it will be monitor #1 and your laptopscreen will be monitor #2. you can switch screens with this option.
- If your TV is NOT connected your laptopscreen will be the mainscreen: monitor #1.

If you dissconnect you TV without reconfigure the rFactor 2 video settings, rF2 will launche with "fail safe" settings: 320x200 in windowed mode.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back