rFactor 2 | SC2018x Stock Cars Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have tonight released a free new car set for rFactor 2, adding the second tier SC2018x Stock Cars to the simulation via the Steam Workshop.

At 650hp, the SC2018x represents the second level of American Stock Car content within rFactor 2, slotting in as a supporting series to the previously released Stock Car 2018 and earlier Stock Car 2015 machines already available within the simulation.

SC2018x_screen_03.jpg

rFactor 2 | SC2018x Steam Workshop: Click Here

Although the new car utilizes the same 3D model as their more powerful cousin (model updates are expected at some point in the future), the cars do look visually different from the Stock Car 2018 machines thanks to a set of new liveries that, as in stock car racing, also incorporate the front light and grill arrangement - effectively giving both models within the pack an entirely new style front end from the main series cars.

The SC2018x Stock Cars also have newly developed audio and aerodynamics compared to the top tier car, details of which can all be found in the release notes below:

SC2018x_screen_01.jpg

SC2018x Update Notes:
  • New: 650 HP Engine
  • New: More left side weight
  • New: Templates created to give a different visual with the noses of the cars.
  • New: All new paint schemes.
  • New: Updated sounds (Inside and outside remixed).
  • New: Dirty Aero update, balanced the downforce to react more in a more realistic way.
  • Fixed: Smoothing issues on car bodies.
  • Fixed: Aero in dirty air, increasing stability and reducing ‘loose’ car behaviour.
  • Updated: Superspeedway draft package update.
  • Updated: Default road course setup.

Original Source: Studio 397.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For the latest news, or to find out answers to your most ponded questions, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

SC2018x_screen_05.jpg

Last edited:
How would affect AMS2 rF2? rF2 is the last moddable sim that's still in development and I am waiting since allmost ten years for a product that offers the same high fidelity. You can say alot of bad things about the product and how it get's developed at times, but if you are completely honest, there is no alternative right now. It is like ArmA III, just for racing games.
I concur. Having just driven them they feel so much smoother and natural than the AMS2 brazil versions. Which still feels clunky .

I concur. Having just driven them they feel so much smoother and natural than the AMS2 brazil versions. Which still feels clunky .

I just tried both back to back and I don't think they're comparable at all. Although I had the exact opposite experience.

Granted I've always found rF2 clunky in a way, but I think the FFB has never worked properly on my setup so the issue is probably elsewhere and not in these cars themselves.

Actually impressed with the liveries on these cars!! Very nice art work.
Is anyone running leagues in this car around ovals that isn't in a paid subscription? Id like to race these but the Ai are terribly slow and hit the wall on every corner at the Brickyard.

The similarities between these cars and the Brazilian ones in AMS2 ends with them having a motor, wheels, engine and the same "Stock Car" name. Other than that they differ tremendously.

And rF2 cars feeling smoother!! Something doesn't add up here :confused: These cars in rF2 feel rough AF through my wheel.

Last edited:
The similarities between these cars and the Brazilian ones in AMS2 ends with them having a motor, wheels, engine and the same "Stock Car" name. Other than that they differ tremendously.

And rF2 cars feeling smoother!! Something doesn't add up here :confused: These cars in rF2 feel rough AF through my wheel.
Are you serious? RF2 is smooth. Even on cars as robust and powerful as these, I feel i can push these cars. AMS 2 is frustrating to get right on my wheel. Its definately improving but still feels bouncy and erratic to which i am told is actually better on a belt driven wheel. It has massively improved and the new car is some of the best on AMS 2. But the information you get from game to the wheel is still an issue for me. And yes i agree the stock car comparison is overly silly, nevertheless i seem to put more time into rf2 than most. So it must say something.

Actually impressed with the liveries on these cars!! Very nice art work.
Is anyone running leagues in this car around ovals that isn't in a paid subscription? Id like to race these but the Ai are terribly slow and hit the wall on every corner at the Brickyard.

Same goes for the "Cup" cars, there are some nods and funny details there. My favorite is the #21 car, with is painted with fake wood. Which is logic when we know that the #21 is Wood Brothers Racing.

You'd have to find someone who runs a relatively small place with a private server (like a PC at home) or something like that, if not, there are costs involved that people need to cover. Which is why a majority of places have some sort of cost to enter in games where you need a dedicated server.

You are right. I hold my hands up. AMS 2 stocks are very smooth. Which makes me wonder about the other cars. Must do more testing. As for RF2 being rough. To me it feels more natural. Bumps and kinks on sebring. Woohoo.

To all above.
rF2 new Stock cars at the Brickyard has some strange FFB past about 25 degrees and is rough and not very informative on the whole on my CSWv2 base.

AMS2 all cars feel smooth and informative through the wheel but I guess the bumpy feeling some have commented on is from the camera bounce which seems to be an issue for some.
Personally I use legacy mode on at 0, yes it's bumpy but to me that translates the visual track movement well and is felt through the wheel like the tyres are made of rubber where rF2 feels like the tyres are made of stone and very rough and not realistic feeling. No cars I've ever driven have that abrupt feeling though the wheel or seat.

And I do love Sebring in rF2 but still the bumps through the wheel are to abrupt even on the road cars like the NSX and Vette. I can't wait for Sebring to come to AMS2 :p

Last edited:
So, this is about the Xfiniti Series (or for starters like myself, NASCAR's "2nd Division"), right? At first I thought it was an update to the current 2018 Stock Cars, seems I was wrong.
Always interesting to see more content like this added to the sim. Being used to "normal" circuit and rally racing, someday I hope on doing some oval races, which I now aren't as easy as they seem.

Last edited:
To all above.
rF2 new Stock cars at the Brickyard has some strange FFB past about 25 degrees and is rough and not very informative on the whole on my CSWv2 base.

AMS2 all cars feel smooth and informative through the wheel but I guess the bumpy feeling some have commented on is from the camera bounce which seems to be an issue for some.
Personally I use legacy mode on at 0, yes it's bumpy but to me that translates the visual track movement well and is felt through the wheel like the tyres are made of rubber where rF2 feels like the tyres are made of stone and very rough and not realistic feeling. No cars I've ever driven have that abrupt feeling though the wheel or seat.

And I do love Sebring in rF2 but still the bumps through the wheel are to abrupt even on the road cars like the NSX and Vette. I can't wait for Sebring to come to AMS2 :p
Not sure on that. On my SC2 pro on rf2 feels the most realistic of any sim. But yeah it is not without flaws. AMS2 is just a step up from PC2. And the way PC2 should of felt without taking corners in 5th gear. Haha

After reading some of the posts here, I tried it on Sebring. Surprisingly friendly handling; short lift for up shift and a little blip under braking/down shift makes this a very balanced car. Does this car have a dog clutch in real life?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 196 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.5%