rFactor 2: Sao Paulo Preview

rFactor 2 has released previews of the coming Sao Paulo circuit which has be created in collaboration with Reiza Studios.

rf2_saopaulo.jpg

Join the discussion in our dedicated rFactor 2 forum, check out awesome screenshots and videos in our rF2 gallery, get racing in our rF2 Racing Club and Leagues and make your game even more awesome with some rFactor 2 mods!

Maybe Reiza will implement some finished rF2 features into Game stock car. :)

Like the dynamic road conditions. That's a pretty cool feature. :cool:

Reiza has mentioned this feature and hope to implement it down the road. Iam curious as to what deals were made by the 2 companies as last reiza posted a video showing wing flex tire wear and flat spotting along with a few other new features which they said would only make it into the game through crowd funding, but are now coming to us as a free update. Now isi releases a collaboration track preview.
Don't get me wrong Iam not trying to bash rf2, isi has developed aN excellent engine with tons of potential I am just not a fan of isi game development, lack of licenses and the way they handle things in general.
Personally I think the 2 could gain alot from one another and could easily create the perfect simulation :)

Reiza has mentioned this feature and hope to implement it down the road. Iam curious as to what deals were made by the 2 companies as last reiza posted a video showing wing flex tire wear and flat spotting along with a few other new features which they said would only make it into the game through crowd funding, but are now coming to us as a free update. Now isi releases a collaboration track preview.
Don't get me wrong Iam not trying to bash rf2, isi has developed aN excellent engine with tons of potential I am just not a fan of isi game development, lack of licenses and the way they handle things in general.
Personally I think the 2 could gain alot from one another and could easily create the perfect simulation :)
Currently no one else except ISI has access to the "new" rF2 engine. Maybe that will be a start of Reiza getting access to the engine, that would be really great.

@David Slute

ISI is a software developer: So basically it's a game engine developer. I think there main focus is not on the content and a shiny User Interface. But you need content and a UI to test your game engine

For the ISI history click here
As you can see at the bottom we are at isimotor 2.5. That motor is still in development with rF2. Like rF1 was for isimotor2.

So i'm really curious what Reiza will do when they get there hands on the isimotor2.5 in a few years. Or will they slowly implement it bit by bit.

Just some "gossip": :barefoot:
ISI is working on a new UI with implementation of some kind of flash player.
ISI is going to make ISI content more easy and user friendly to install: Something like: open rF2 lite: Click, click, skip, click, skip... Click OK, coffee, ... Bingo and go racing.

Mr. Eldren is probably right on. ISI has a history of developing and licensing it's a solid business model. Partnerships are not feasible but collaborations and licensing are.

The track looks amazing, such detail.
The race I want to do first of all is full GP distance in the ASR Classic 1992 Open wheelers#.
The #illiams howling
The #cLaren screaming
The #inardis fighting
The turbo #igiers doing whatever verb they do.

Bathurst and V8s
Brazil and 92 #1
Yeah baby.

@Gijs van Elderen
get that club racing diary out and pencil this in.

#NB we don't use the F word

@David O'Reilly

What's with the # before some of your words? Just curious. :whistling: It does not read properly. Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

There was a great scatch build F1 mod with all the F1 cars from 1992. The cars were awesome to drive and the sounds were authentic with each car. But F1 authorities claimed copyrights on the team names used and the name F1. Which David now refer to as #1.

@David O'Reilly

What's with the # before some of your words? Just curious. :whistling: It does not read properly. Is there something wrong with your keyboard?
Well there was a big Kerfuffle and around the Sim Racing Modding world "The Establishment" of the pinnacle of motor sport have started sending threatening letters to modders and communities that host mods and leagues.
They are strictly enforcing their "elements " including the name of the series and various other things.
I did some research on their ownership of various "elements"
You cant use the F word followed by the first number.

They use internet search engines to find transgressors and threaten them.
So in short modders have to call their mods Open Wheel Racing or whatever.
Races cant include mods called by "registered elements."
thats where the "#" comes in.

I see thanks. Confusing but I understand. I find it hard to believe the comment:

"The Establishment" of the pinnacle of motor sport have started sending threatening letters to modders and communities that host mods and leagues.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 248 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%