rFactor 2 | Rome E-Prix DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 last night released a new circuit for rFactor 2, adding the 2021 Rome E-Prix venue to the ever expanding collection of Formula E tracks within the title.
  • New DLC available for £6.84.
  • Joins Berlin, Hong Kong, New York, Diriyah, Electric Docks and Monaco Formula E tracks.
  • Includes Attack Mode and 2021 layout.

rome_2020_screen_02.jpg

The Rome E-Prix is a little different to the standard street circuit layout used within Formula E, in that the course is the longest lap in the history of the series at a little over 2.860 km in length, and of the 21 corners that make up a tour of the Circuito Cittadino dell’EUR, many of the turns are approached from fairly dramatic undulations within the confines of the city venue, meaning a driver will often find themselves having to carefully apply brake and throttle pedal inputs in order to keep the car away from the ever present threat of the unforgiving walls that line the circuit.

rome_2020_screen_07.jpg
rome_2020_screen_06.jpg

rFactor 2 | Rome E-Prix Steam Store: Click Here.

The new DLC is the latest Formula E track release for the simulation following the recent deployment of the Diriyah E-Prix and various updates to already released Formula E venues earlier this month. Although certainly not a type of racing that appeals to every sim racer, it is nevertheless nice to see a continued collaboration between the studio and Formula E with these content releases, adding something a little different to the title alongside the more traditional fare of GT and endurance racing content.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

What to know how to get the most from the simulation? No worries, post a thread and ask our awesome community in the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

rome_2020_screen_01.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding DLC, there's almost no end to it because tracks often change, sometimes every year, there are great tracks that never get made in some sims (ex. Reiza's Brazilian tracks), nobody covers the various championships around the world in a serious way but could make money (touring cars, brazilian stock cars, Japanese SuperGT, the list goes on and on), trackside things often change, advertising changes, series liveries change.

Everything is subscription now...I'm at the point where a Netflix style subscription sim that recreated real life championships, updated every season, would probably be a buy for me.

Last edited:
Try to look at it on the bright side guys. Formula e accelerate is ending. So maybe this will be last time we see these unholy abominations in rf2.
I don't consider those tracks as unholy abominations, as it is just not my cup of tea. But I undestand that S397 tries to broaden it's profile and offer something that you won't find anywhere else. It's just the priorities that drive me nuts. And there is the question is if they couldn't build street circuits - wich they are pretty good at by now - that would offer something unique aswell and not just artifical racetracks with build in chicanes. How about Montjuic Park? Now that's something that I consider truly unique (still existent) and a fast and undulating track. A track used for historic F1 and sports cars, some of wich are allready in the sim, that would perfectly fit a WSC 1970s DLC with 917s, 512s, 911s and an updated not-T70. What's up with Long Beach, that would offer a FE variant aswell, or tracks like Belle Isle. There are so many nice street curcuits with a great name and history that would fit this sim perfectly with it's content selection. If SMS can do that, S397 can pull it off aswell. It's just a chance they need to grab. Long Beach was one of the big selling points of PC2, so now imagine how that track would work in a sim with proper physics and FFB.

Just guesssing, but I would assume they have some kind of partnership with Fe for all this content and that maybe it's mainly meant for Formula E esports, or training, or on-location "race room" style simulations for fans?

It just doesn't seem to be targeted or marketed to rF2 fans.

It just doesn't seem to be targeted or marketed to rF2 fans.

What would be targeted towards rF2 fans ? I am rF2 fan and stuff in past couple years that truly was hitting me in the feels was Reiza Pack stuff, Nordschleife and Portland Raceway.

This particular Rome E-prix track seems one of more interesting Fe tracks though, I think Im going to buy it, might be very fun with MX-5 and some other street cars that exist in rF2, like NSX. I have to admit the track looks like it has few slow turns too many, but at least two thirds of it seems to have decent interesting flow.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 314 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 216 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%