rFactor 2 | Rome E-Prix DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 last night released a new circuit for rFactor 2, adding the 2021 Rome E-Prix venue to the ever expanding collection of Formula E tracks within the title.
  • New DLC available for £6.84.
  • Joins Berlin, Hong Kong, New York, Diriyah, Electric Docks and Monaco Formula E tracks.
  • Includes Attack Mode and 2021 layout.

rome_2020_screen_02.jpg

The Rome E-Prix is a little different to the standard street circuit layout used within Formula E, in that the course is the longest lap in the history of the series at a little over 2.860 km in length, and of the 21 corners that make up a tour of the Circuito Cittadino dell’EUR, many of the turns are approached from fairly dramatic undulations within the confines of the city venue, meaning a driver will often find themselves having to carefully apply brake and throttle pedal inputs in order to keep the car away from the ever present threat of the unforgiving walls that line the circuit.

rome_2020_screen_07.jpg
rome_2020_screen_06.jpg

rFactor 2 | Rome E-Prix Steam Store: Click Here.

The new DLC is the latest Formula E track release for the simulation following the recent deployment of the Diriyah E-Prix and various updates to already released Formula E venues earlier this month. Although certainly not a type of racing that appeals to every sim racer, it is nevertheless nice to see a continued collaboration between the studio and Formula E with these content releases, adding something a little different to the title alongside the more traditional fare of GT and endurance racing content.

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

What to know how to get the most from the simulation? No worries, post a thread and ask our awesome community in the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

rome_2020_screen_01.jpg

Last edited:
I do not love the combination of tiny tracks and formulas that have 720 degrees of steering. I think there is something wrong in the concept. That said I love how Rfactor 2 is dedicated to recreate with incredible attention the whole formula E championship. At the end I rather prefer having a full and licensed championship reproduced as similar as possible that I don’t love, than having random cars and random tracks that I love in a sim. So thumbs up for Studio 397.

I've never to moan, but all the people that mention lack of basic upgrades to sort the game may be right.

I have all the DLCs for this game , but 2 months or so at the last big upgrade where they made the beta UI the new default I also became one of the many unable to actually now boot up the game whatever I try. Got the classic CTDs, lock ups, white screen and black screen crashes. Its terrible. Final option is im building a new PC to improve all my sim racing games. Hopefully this will cure my problems.

So, sorry but I feel a bit miffed. I really love this game and miss it badly. It does feel as thought they are rubbing my nose in it.....

Beautiful track but I just find myself playing less and less with this most expensive title of my sim collection. And yeah, the mods will come and tell us not to moan, but this is just relevant feedback that I am not really satisfied with the way this title took, neither am I the only one. Becoming way overpriced, still not delivering any coherence, and as some said, quantity (and cashgrab) over quality.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back