rFactor 2: Roadmap Update May 2019

Chris

Premium
Le-Mans-1.jpg
Another month rolls on and suddenly we're already (nearly) half way through the year! With that in mind, the team over at Studio397 have released their Roadmap for the month of May, and with it comes
incredible news that, has gone somewhat under the radar. But, here we are to shed some light on this GREAT news for simracing fans!

Summer seems to be in full force already, looking at temperatures here in Europe. Besides it being a good time for ice-cream lovers, it also caters to endurance-enthusiasts, with the iconic races at Le Mans and the Nürburgring coming closer and closer. As if this wouldn’t be enough already to get our racing hearts beat faster, how about some naturally aspirated high revving machinery.

So here-it-is! You probably didn’t see it coming, but yes it’s here. No need for a long dramatic intro. We’re ecstatic to announce Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans otherwise known as “24h Le Mans” is coming to rFactor 2. And the cherry on top, it’s coming much sooner than you think. So you are right to get excited now!

Le-Mans-2.jpg

As with all of our latest track content, we are pulling out all the stops. The 2018 terrain is modelled with millimetre precision using the latest in laser scan technology. Nothing but the best for this epic track. What other sim to bring out its real potential than rFactor 2 with it’s heritage with endurance multi-class racing.

Bringing this iconic track to life has been a passion of ours since we started, our studio name even includes the record 397 laps achieved in 2010. Officially licensed by the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) the 24h Le Mans circuit is over 13.6 km and unique in nature with long sweeping corners and high-speed straights. With the nature of the track also comes a unique race. Le Mans challenges drivers like no other, with 24 hours of hard racing throughout the night and often with difficult weather conditions! rFactor 2 will offer you that challenge – look out for our Road to Le Mans competition coming soon!

We will be releasing more details over the next couple of weeks.

Le-Mans-3.jpg

In Other News!
When it comes to things, features and content we currently work on, we could even fill an entire roadmap just with listing it. This means we are pretty busy with working on our favourite sim to ensure that we see even more great racing this year. We have our teams working on the UI, Competition system, updated shaders as well as new cars and of course the Nürburgring/Nordschleife. Progress can be seen everywhere right now which makes us proud every day, but there is still a lot of work up ahead to bring everything your way. But we are on it! Let's get into details for some of the topics.

Competition
With Le Mans on the way, we’re looking forward to bringing an updated competition format for you all to take part in. Details will be posted shortly!! Additionally, you may have seen that McLaren Shadow will be back for another season, so brush off your wheel and get ready to enter into this fantastic competition which we are proud to support!

New UI
The UI itself we are still very busy under the hood, working on optimisations and fixing bugs that arise as part of the new features being integrated. One big feature we can now announce is the Launcher as you now know it, a separate application sitting on your desktop will now have all of it’s features fused into the in-game UI. This means no extra interface to deal with, it’s an all in one unified UI experience, as it should be! And of course we by now also implemented more details in the in-game matchmaker, and one request we often get is the ability to filter AI vs real life humans in the server list. It’s important to know who’s a bot and who’s not! This is working now, and will be released as part of the new UI.

Enjoy the summer, we’ll be back with more news soon!

Join us on the Forum!
For more from the world of rFactor 2, head over to the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today! If racing against others in a clean environment floats your boat, then we can help you with that too... get yourself over to the rF2 Racing Club page, have a look what's on offer and sign up to race with us!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I don't see it.
ANYWHERE.

In the first post within the update for UI
S397 Roadmap said:
And of course we by now also implemented more details in the in-game matchmaker, and one request we often get is the ability to filter AI vs real life humans in the server list. It’s important to know who’s a bot and who’s not! This is working now, and will be released as part of the new UI.

One thing I will say from my perspective is for all of the faults of ACC, my racing is very much limited to GT3 and for the amount of fun that can be had and great online racing to date I'm going to be reticent digging into my pockets for RF2 as ACC becomes my go to sim.
S397, really need to start delivering on their roadmaps, else keep things hush until such time like the nice Le Man's announcement are actually around the corner.
And for the record I love RF2, it was the first sim I purchased.

I am all exicted that rf2 is finally getting an official le man (and a track that is actually iconic/legendary and not a e-rip-off of a track), but honestly they seem not to care for the rest of the free content. Right now the only content with shaders and in general the latest and "greatest" features, are the gt3 cars, the endurance pack, the reiza pack and the gen 2 fe. The usf 2k, the fe gen 1, the DW12, the nissan gt500, the f1 manor (what i have heard, is the best f1 representation according to max verstappen) and most of the rest free content is not up to date which imo is stupid. Why do i have to pay at least 15 euros just to experience the "best" of rf2 for cars that may not interest me?

Yes, I know. But he was asking for them to fix MP but couldn't see mention of it. I simply pointed it out so he could see that it's been worked on and that it is coming.
Seriously, what is your point in hammering on with this?
He wants it soon though. Who knows, at this rate it may take another 20 months. Every time a roadmap mentions the UI, it's "in beta testing".

S397 didn't mention the Tatuus pack in the last 2 (or 3) roadmaps. I'm still waiting for them. They announced this pack at least 6/7 months ago saying it was close to the release. I love rF2, I've spent almost 400 hrs on it, but its biblical times when it comes for content often drives me crazy :roflmao::D

The few we can see on this litte pic seems interesting from the lod. Of course it does not mean anything so far but I think we can expect something special from S397.

Just the big screen in the background, the shell emblems to the right or the flags and the railing on the top of the main stand.

rF2
le-mans-1-jpg.308789

Real Life
lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2016-michelin-tower-on-the-start-finish-straight.jpg

iRacing
ss_fbedd16a9891af88b34f44312abaa6c04f47065b.1920x1080.jpg

@fireballr18 The difference in the Michelin decorations on the "hockey stick" is due to the difference in years. In 2017 (and possibly earlier), it was how your "real life" picture and your iRacing screenshot show it. In 2018, which is the year rF2 data come from, it was as the rF2 screenshot shows it.

I know. This can change from year to year. But thanks for the information! :)

Last edited:
Great news on official Le Mans coming to RF2! Very happy to see S397 continuing to get new licensing for top level content. Still hyped up after the Indy 500 for the last couple of weeks, I'd love to see an update to the Indy Car in RF2 to the IR18.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 220 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%