RFactor 2 Replays Never Work, Even Original Content

I'm trying to watch RF2 replays from over the years as I had a lot of fun online with friends and fellow RF2 mates (DurgeDriven, MatF1, clockit, and others). Every time I try to load an RF2 replay though, it keeps saying I don't have the mod. The odd thing is, probably 3/4 of my replays are with default cars and tracks - the majority of cars being ISI's 60s F3s and both their karts and the majority of tracks being ISI's 60s Monza, 60s Spa, and Quebec. I have so many replays and memories I'd love to watch and not sure what to do.

I even fully reinstalled RF2 from scratch and downloaded all ISI content but I keep getting the same message. These are not mods and there were no modded cars/tracks involved in these races. There were, however, custom skins in some sessions (many of the F3 ones) but the kart ones are all custom skins too. Nothing works :(

The reason your replays will not play is because the car or track has been up dated since your replay was recorded and they have different issue numbers to your original recording. The replay is looking for the original issue number, that's why you get the mod error message. Hope this is of help.

So ISI's Monza, Spa, Quebec, both ISI karts, and both ISI 60s F3s have all been updated over the past 2 or 3 years? Are you sure?

Also, I can't say for sure but I'm fairly certain that I used to be able to watch replays of older cars/tracks even during the odd times where one of the cars or tracks would have an update released...

I,m sure they have all been updated in that time. There's not much that hasn't been updated. I'm in the same boat. The same thing happens when you create a series, but with series you can go back and update the series. Sorry for the bad news.

Does anyone know why? I mean I've had many updates over the years in other ISI games like AMS, RF1, etc. and replays usually work fine...

Is there a website where we can download older versions of cars and tracks? I find it pretty messed-up if all your history of hundreds and hundreds of replays are basically wiped out just because a car may have gotten a texture update or a slight increase in power or something.

Is there a website where we can download older versions of cars and tracks? I find it pretty messed-up if all your history of hundreds and hundreds of replays are basically wiped out just because a car may have gotten a texture update or a slight increase in power or something.

They do work in principle, I have got replays from 2014 running with original mod installed. Before 2014 I'm not 100% sure they do. The catch here is probably that the stock ISI content was revised several times, which causes problems with replays. If you give me a PM I can link to some external sites, links here are not allowed as per forum rules.

They do work in principle, I have got replays from 2014 running with original mod installed. Before 2014 I'm not 100% sure they do. The catch here is probably that the stock ISI content was revised several times, which causes problems with replays. If you give me a PM I can link to some external sites, links here are not allowed as per forum rules.
I don't mind if it causes some problems once in a while due to different versions, I expect that (just like other sims with different versions cars/tracks) but that's not what happens for me. I can't even get to the track loading screen because I just get a mod not installed pop-up in the replay UI.

I have a feeling this has something to do with all those like rfmod or vmod files. You know those tiny files that download every time you join a server? Even though I have the cars and the tracks, maybe I still can't view them because of those little rfmod/vmod files not being there?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 190 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 248 13.6%