rFactor 2 release date

You really cannot compare Simbin with ISI anymore. ISI has showed us a lot of stuff this year what they are working on. Tim W has hinted about a possible open beta at the end of the year and sticks to it, so lets wait and see what happens this months, can't be far away anymore.

From Simbin we only have a clear announcement from March 2010 (two thousand ten!) saying that a new GTR game will come in 2011 and that was that. Nothing ever since.

Tim Wheathley from Image Space wrote this in ISI about the content of the open beta:

"1 licensed 1966 F1 car, with generic fillers.
3 tracks: Spa, Monaco, and another.

Renault Megane, Formula Renault 3.5
3 tracks (most likely), Malaysia, Portugal, Mills.

Obviously, decisions could change this, and the unannounced track and car will be announced most likely together. Although there is a nice teaser inserted into the forum header now".

They are still hoping for beta release before Christmas.
You can read It here->http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1312-Open-Beta-This-Week/page4

Latest info from Tim Wheathley:

"I believe we will be at release candidate (RC of open beta) stage at the point where I hoped we would be at the actual release of the open beta stage. Gjon has said that he doesn't want to put the staff and testers through having to manage a release over the holiday period, so it is getting likely to be shortly after the holidays rather than shortly before. Although the reason why there's no news is because there isn't absolute certainty yet. To quote Gjon, there's a 49% chance of releasing before the holidays, 51% shortly after.

We have a new video in production titled 'physics' (being made by the same person who made the Monaco promo). I'll post that as soon as I can. Right now my licensing work is taking up a bit more time that I would like, so I am often only visiting here when a post gets reported at the moment".

Would make sense to do it after the holidays now. Imagine the work during the holidays for the staff when they have a beta out around xmas. Dont think many people would like to work at those days.

Would make sense to do it after the holidays now. Imagine the work during the holidays for the staff when they have a beta out around xmas. Dont think many people would like to work at those days.

Gah.
You are correct.
Last thing they would want is bad press because of some weird issue that they did not anticipate one day just before xmas day or new year's day. :eek:

Having said that, it is killing meeeeeeeh that I don't have even a tiny sample of rfactor2. :oops::confused::(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.7%