rFactor 2 release date

Its awfully silent again around rFactor 2... Why did they started the throw around screenshots and pre-pre-pre-alpha movies months ago and go into stealthmode again directly after.
Thats the pre-pre-pre alpha stuff i mean. Not to mention the bad publicity that came with that episode.

Sorry to be my usual pedantic self but that wasn't months ago - it was last month :)

I don't think ISI expected as much "publicity" as they got from that interview - I can't believe they would really plan to release those low detail shots from a laptop which certainly were not flattering shall we say. So I would suggest the burst of publicity wasn't really down to them. It also seemed to confirm that rF2 is still some way off completion which is why its gone quiet again.

I do like the way Codies are publicising their forthcoming F1 title. The combination of developer interviews and in-game video is far better than EAs Shift publicity or Simbin, ISI, iRacing, or NetKar Pro pre release publicity. My guess is ISI can't do the same because they don't have the same resources and because rF2 isn't quite at the same stage in development.

If you compare it to F1 2010, rF2 seems a long way off completion. The recent comments by Scott seem to confirm this. F1 2010 is due for release in September. If they are still aiming for a 2010 release for rFactor (and Scott said this when the last screenshots were released) then December seems the most likely IMO.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.5%