rFactor 2 | RCCO eX ZERO 2021 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released build 1.33 of their eX ZERO 2021 electric race car in rFactor 2 earlier today - adding various visual and physics improvements including the introduction of energy regeneration.
  • Added energy regen.
  • New animations and LED lighting.
  • Physics improvements.

The new update dropped earlier today on the recent RCCO eX ZERO 2021 DLC car in rFactor 2, and comes complete with a nice set of new features related to the electric PU and its behaviour out on the circuit.

As arguably the most prominent of the new changes included within this latest build, the addition of energy regeneration adds another interesting aspect to the driving experience of the eX ZERO, as it allows players to restock their energy supply in the electric motor when hard on the brakes - similar in execution to the energy recovery solutions seen in Formula E.

Although energy regen will be the most notable change of the driving experience, the new update also brings with it a selection of visual improvements to the car as well, including new wiper animations, new LED features and tweaks to the various default liveries that come with the car as standard.

For a full list of what is new and changed in the new build, check out the full V1.33 update notes below:

rF2_RCCO_14.jpg

RCCO eX ZERO 2021 v1.33 Update Notes:
  • Added regen on braking
  • All new wiper and animation
  • eX Logo now lit / front and rear
  • Front LED lights colour configurable in the vehicle file
  • Default skins now have LED colours to match livery
  • Added regen sound interior and exterior
  • Added more slipstream
  • Even less dirty air
  • Tire change 6 secs (should now be fixed)
  • Attempted fix for less vibration in the steering
  • Dash rev lights and graph now match 15,000 RPM
  • Added new default setup based on test session
  • Fix to reduce high revving in neutral and then shifting into 1st gear

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news, chat and speculation about the rFactor 2 racing simulation.

rF2_RCCO_12.jpg
rF2_RCCO_15.jpg
rF2_RCCO_11.jpg

Last edited:
I don't buy that argument tbh. At one point FIA GT ceased to exist and look at what we get in sim racing today? FIA GT1 and NGT cars are sold as mods or shiped as content in games and people love them. There will be a point when we will look back at LMP1 in it's full glory when Audi, Porsche and Toyota had a go at each other and view it the same way that we see Group C today. With other words, those cars are totaly insane and awesome.
This is what I think they and game devs are thinking - modern cars sell (despite not being a fan of it myself), historics and obsolete cars don't (example GT Legends vs GTR2 when it came out). I presume they are easier to get data from modern cars from than a historic that will never be driven at 100%

I doubt S397 could get Porsche and Audi (let alone LMP1s) when they jumped on board the rF2 project in 2016. I read that Porsche signed the deal with S397 at Sim Expo 2017 - I think they made their mind up over LMP1 then. Also, Porsche got out of their EA deal almost at the same time as that

Racing cars get never obsolete and the forementioned cars even filled the same grid as the cars that we have in rF2 today. Just check the 2017 Le Mans Grid and tell me how LMP1 cars aren't a perfect fit?
Are you saying that LMP1, GT1, Daytona Prototypes (not DPi) are not obsolete in 2021?

Some of the GTE cars that are sold in rF2 aren't racing anymore either and the Ligier and Oreca might be in their last years aswell. To release a 919 and a TS050 and to implement the needed technology - aka hybrid - that is complicated but long overdue would have been a far better move than the FE content from my perspective, as it a) appeals a wider userbase and b) as it just fits better into the sim with it's features and c) as it is far less controversial. We could make a poll but I am pretty sure how the outcome would look like if people had to choose between LMP1 cars and FE cars.

This would have given the community to implement hybrid systems into some other cars and fill the grids for different years. With the URD and ES cars you get the most complete Le Mans fields out there, it's just a shame that there is no hybrid system at this point. And for a sim that is considered high end consumer software for racing simulations, this is a no-go for a technology that is more than five years in common use in racing. Same issue with the half baken drivetrain model.
"Some of the GTE cars that are sold in rF2" were racing in 2018 when the first Endurance Pack came out, the Oreca was a season and a bit young then

Good point, much better to released a fantasy electric car, much better use of limited ressources.
Isn't fantasy electric car the same as an extinct IRL historic car (lots of mods of it), yet the sim community want an extinct or completely historically inaccurate historic car

Last edited:
Are you saying that LMP1, GT1, Daytona Prototypes (not DPi) are not obsolete in 2021?

"Some of the GTE cars that are sold in rF2" were racing in 2018 when the first Endurance Pack came out, the Oreca was a season and a bit young then
You have to put things in a relation. Releasing just one single LMP1 would make no sense, if the ecosystem isn't there. But we have a wide variety of LMP/DPi cars, GTE aswell as GT3 cars. Releasing a 919 or TS050 and adding hybrid tech would make perfect sense. I don't think that a criteria should be if content is the most up to date stuff, but if it fits into the game and current content selection. There are people creating season skin packs for IMSA and WEC here on RD. And yep, even Daytona Prototypes would fit into the game, because you could use them with the Enduracers mod. We aren't talking GT Legends level of historic here, we are talking content that perfectly fits to what is allready there and raced at the same time as at the same tracks. And additional to that you would have a perfect technology platform. A mod team recently released the 2013 cars from URD and they fit perfectly to the Apex cars. Does it really matter that they are from 2013 if the community gets the option to create full seasons?

I don't buy that argument tbh. At one point FIA GT ceased to exist and look at what we get in sim racing today? FIA GT1 and NGT cars are sold as mods or shiped as content in games and people love them. There will be a point when we will look back at LMP1 in it's full glory when Audi, Porsche and Toyota had a go at each other and view it the same way that we see Group C today. With other words, those cars are totaly insane and awesome.
Exactly.

Racing cars get never obsolete
Well some of them at least.

To release a 919 and a TS050 and to implement the needed technology - aka hybrid - that is complicated but long overdue would have been a far better move than the FE content from my perspective, as it a) appeals a wider userbase and b) as it just fits better into the sim with it's features and c) as it is far less controversial. We could make a poll but I am pretty sure how the outcome would look like if people had to choose between LMP1 cars and FE cars.
Absolutely right.

LMP1-H was only relevant for a very short period, when rF2 got its Le Mans (in 2018) the class was already forgettable,
The point made by tr1v1um is exactly that LMP1 are not forgettable. For me at least, that is for sure. Watching this cars live in Interlagos was one of the most amazing aesthetic experiences of my life, honestly.

Actually you would probably find no car in simracing which would not have any "made up datas". Also let me suggest that "made up datas" is an oxymoron. What you actually mean is cars that has parameters that aren't based on hard data, and is loosely connected to data or has no foundation in the data. Unsurprisingly it is most likely to lack data for tires and aero, especially for extreme cases. Physics makers will inevitably have to use educated guesstimating in every simulation, so it is important to have a clue how the car/tires should work.

And historic cars will have much more foundation to build physics on. In general historic cars are more less complex, less about marginal differences. There are lots of pictures and footage. Lots of articles written, lots of stories told. Lots of laptimes made. And most of them still exist and takes parts in events, although usually with better oil, better tires, better brakes, better dampers, stiffer suspension than in the past...

The thing about "lacking" data to recreate historics in simulation is just an excuse to kill less popular kind of content, so devs could profit on more popular stuff, and lets be honest they did it.

The "future" or "fantasy" stuff is most likely just a gamble.

@Zuffenhausen Weiss

and then what about the reliability? Example both the Ferrari 308 and Toyota Celica in the DRM revival mods - in reality, both had terrible reliability, therefore their racing records were poor - in all, not bad for an arcade league mods

And I totally disagree with 'most of it' because before the advent of historic racing events in the 1980s, it was not uncommmon to scrap race cars or rebuild them as newer models at the end of their racing life.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%