rFactor 2 | RCCO eX ZERO 2021 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released build 1.33 of their eX ZERO 2021 electric race car in rFactor 2 earlier today - adding various visual and physics improvements including the introduction of energy regeneration.
  • Added energy regen.
  • New animations and LED lighting.
  • Physics improvements.

The new update dropped earlier today on the recent RCCO eX ZERO 2021 DLC car in rFactor 2, and comes complete with a nice set of new features related to the electric PU and its behaviour out on the circuit.

As arguably the most prominent of the new changes included within this latest build, the addition of energy regeneration adds another interesting aspect to the driving experience of the eX ZERO, as it allows players to restock their energy supply in the electric motor when hard on the brakes - similar in execution to the energy recovery solutions seen in Formula E.

Although energy regen will be the most notable change of the driving experience, the new update also brings with it a selection of visual improvements to the car as well, including new wiper animations, new LED features and tweaks to the various default liveries that come with the car as standard.

For a full list of what is new and changed in the new build, check out the full V1.33 update notes below:

rF2_RCCO_14.jpg

RCCO eX ZERO 2021 v1.33 Update Notes:
  • Added regen on braking
  • All new wiper and animation
  • eX Logo now lit / front and rear
  • Front LED lights colour configurable in the vehicle file
  • Default skins now have LED colours to match livery
  • Added regen sound interior and exterior
  • Added more slipstream
  • Even less dirty air
  • Tire change 6 secs (should now be fixed)
  • Attempted fix for less vibration in the steering
  • Dash rev lights and graph now match 15,000 RPM
  • Added new default setup based on test session
  • Fix to reduce high revving in neutral and then shifting into 1st gear

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news, chat and speculation about the rFactor 2 racing simulation.

rF2_RCCO_12.jpg
rF2_RCCO_15.jpg
rF2_RCCO_11.jpg

Last edited:
Fairly sure that was already possible since the F-E cars came out years ago.

Just modern F1s and top class LMPs never made it to RF2.
I am pretty sure that with the new generation of LMDh vars andhypercar regulations hybrids will be a must and that they won't get around that technology. It's been far too long that they ignored this side of the sim, same as development of a proper transmission and drivetrain model.

I would guess, answering for him, the fictional aspect of the vehicle. Even tho the car does not exist, most of the systems that make up the car do, in one form or another. Rockko has the backing of someone to afford paying for the product's development and S397 'MAY' be using the project for research and development.

That still does not answer why the car fits better in AC than rF2.

rF2 added more mechanism to simulate this type of car which made it suitable to be in this game.

Just modern F1s and top class LMPs never made it to RF2.
S397 has made this clear over and over again - that somewhere back in 2018, they said there was no point in supporting a dying category - let's face it - LMP1 in the last few years looked miserable or one dimensional just like most race categories in their last years (look at DTM and Group C) - it was like you couldn't care anymore

Last edited:
I think the problem was not with regen, but the fact that rf2 doesn't support 2 engines (power units) as in hybrids.

yeah I realized that some minutes after posting. simulating hybrid would require more functionalities than just recharge a single engine while braking

The Global Endurance Mod has some pretty good LMP 1's
For those who want a full WEC field.

View attachment 448205
what about urd not- Porsche and not- Audi?

S397 has made this clear over and over again - that somewhere back in 2018, they said there was no point in supporting a dying category - let's face it - LMP1 in the last few years looked miserable or one dimensional just like most race categories in their last years (look at DTM and Group C) - it was like you couldn't care anymore
I don't buy that argument tbh. At one point FIA GT ceased to exist and look at what we get in sim racing today? FIA GT1 and NGT cars are sold as mods or shiped as content in games and people love them. There will be a point when we will look back at LMP1 in it's full glory when Audi, Porsche and Toyota had a go at each other and view it the same way that we see Group C today. With other words, those cars are totaly insane and awesome. Racing cars get never obsolete and the forementioned cars even filled the same grid as the cars that we have in rF2 today. Just check the 2017 Le Mans Grid and tell me how LMP1 cars aren't a perfect fit?

Some of the GTE cars that are sold in rF2 aren't racing anymore either and the Ligier and Oreca might be in their last years aswell. To release a 919 and a TS050 and to implement the needed technology - aka hybrid - that is complicated but long overdue would have been a far better move than the FE content from my perspective, as it a) appeals a wider userbase and b) as it just fits better into the sim with it's features and c) as it is far less controversial. We could make a poll but I am pretty sure how the outcome would look like if people had to choose between LMP1 cars and FE cars.

This would have given the community to implement hybrid systems into some other cars and fill the grids for different years. With the URD and ES cars you get the most complete Le Mans fields out there, it's just a shame that there is no hybrid system at this point. And for a sim that is considered high end consumer software for racing simulations, this is a no-go for a technology that is more than five years in common use in racing. Same issue with the half baken drivetrain model.

I don't buy that argument tbh. At one point FIA GT ceased to exist and look at what we get in sim racing today? FIA GT1 and NGT cars are sold as mods or shiped as content in games and people love them. There will be a point when we will look back at LMP1 in it's full glory when Audi, Porsche and Toyota had a go at each other and view it the same way that we see Group C today. With other words, those cars are totaly insane and awesome. Racing cars get never obsolete and the forementioned cars even filled the same grid as the cars that we have in rF2 today. Just check the 2017 Le Mans Grid and tell me how LMP1 cars aren't a perfect fit?

Some of the GTE cars that are sold in rF2 aren't racing anymore either and the Ligier and Oreca might be in their last years aswell. To release a 919 and a TS050 and to implement the needed technology - aka hybrid - that is complicated but long overdue would have been a far better move than the FE content from my perspective, as it a) appeals a wider userbase and b) as it just fits better into the sim with it's features and c) as it is far less controversial. We could make a poll but I am pretty sure how the outcome would look like if people had to choose between LMP1 cars and FE cars.

This would have given the community to implement hybrid systems into some other cars and fill the grids for different years. With the URD and ES cars you get the most complete Le Mans fields out there, it's just a shame that there is no hybrid system at this point. And for a sim that is considered high end consumer software for racing simulations, this is a no-go for a technology that is more than five years in common use in racing. Same issue with the half baken drivetrain model.
LMP1-H was only relevant for a very short period, when rF2 got its Le Mans (in 2018) the class was already forgettable, its kind of the same deal with Hybrid as its only now really becoming important for the future content with not only LMP and F1 really using it now, but soon both sides of the atlantic will have it for their top level sportscars and Indycar etc, so from now on it will actually be something this sim will really need, since it might be a must have to include atleast part of the upcoming Prototypes from either class

And regarding the GTE and FE content, the GTE´s released while the class was not yet dying (or dead) so it made sense to grab them back then only now its end might be near and FE is exclusive to this sim (looking at only sims) so definetly an important factor for rF2, even if not everyone likes those, its still a good thing to have variety on the car front

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 195 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing