rFactor 2: Ranked Series Announced

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

rFactor 2: Ranked Series Announced

rFactor 2 official series start right now for the first time, after successfully testing the RaceLog powered format in other games during the last week.

Who have been reading the website news on regular basis have seen we announced our first ranked events for Game Stock Car which was the first game to join the beta, followed by Formula Truck and now its time to add ISI's latest title to the popular RaceLog service as...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a great idea and i hope it is given time.i'm going to stick my neck out and say that inn the Next month, there will be relatively small turn outs during the holiday period so don,t be too downbeat if there isn't an instant impact. One minor concern it that open wheeler fans might have to only race every other week as will tin tops..not sure of the best solution .however, I,ve got my fingers crossed this new system is a success.thank you for your efforts!

Thanks Andrew, during the holidays it could be indeed not as busy as it usually is, we will use this concept over a longer period, and we are very confident it will work on the long run. The GSC club already got a boost from the concept even in the summer. Every suggestion and tip are welcom to improve our concept, so thanks for your view on it and that you like the idea! (and everyone else:))

We will introduce shortly also a Formula and/or Classics car in the mix if that works well with the GSC club events, so that the fans of other series also can drive (almost) every week.

This is an incredibly great "value add" service

I for one (being selfish) really enjoy the club races that are set up during the week, but due to work restraints miss most of them. Alas, there are no tin top rF2 races Sat which is my normal locked in office with beer race day, so imagine my surprise and delight when I read this today.

A well deserved round of applause for the RD team :)

Thanks for the kind words guys, all of the staff members have really been working hard behind the scenes to come up with new idea's in order to help facilitate your racing. Hopefully we see more of you guys in the races now. We really do appreciate the feedback we get for our work, and as Ian said, every suggestion is welcome to throw in to the mix. Don't be shy, if you have a suggestion then please contact a staff member! Have fun this week! :)

I'm not that happy to be honest to have the 7 day same car series here too.
In GSC it made more sense since no club races were actually gonna have drivers otherwise, but here you had a great variety of cars every week to choose from.
Gonna miss the Sunday open-wheeler races which I was trying to make as often as I could and were really great :(

Just my personal opinion and I'm still going to participate in the new system too though.

I'm not that happy to be honest to have the 7 day same car series here too.
In GSC it made more sense since no club races were actually gonna have drivers otherwise, but here you had a great variety of cars every week to choose from.
Gonna miss the Sunday open-wheeler races which I was trying to make as often as I could and were really great :(

Just my personal opinion and I'm still going to participate in the new system too though.

Thanks Dino for your input:thumbsup: i'm also a openwheeler fan and also like the sunday for that, but we are looking to introduce 2 cars a week at some point. GSC is testing the format right now and you probably won't have to wait too long too race them again on Racedepartment with rFactor2:)

Guys, loving the idea. With RF2 in its current state of development I think we drivers needed exacky what you have done-a little structure, some goals and a focus for each week.
If I was to think of one idea so far (may have more later!) it would be to have an evolution through the week from simple and short to harder and longer and more complex.
EG easy/fun tin tops such as maybe Clio etc and short races to then faster cars and longer races with more stops due to accelerated fuel and tyre use and weather.
That way we arrive at a track, have some fun, get the lay of the land and as the week evolves speed and complexity is added.
I can see some rivalries occuring and the occasional " ok you got me tonight but wait till we have some wet weather action/ open wheeler action/ tyre strategy" etc

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%