rFactor 2 | Portland International Raceway Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the classic Portland International Raceway circuit within rFactor 2.
  • New update available on Steam Workshop.
  • New materials updates applied.
  • Various fixes.
As Studio 397 continue to work their way through the array of older content within rFactor 2, the Portland International Raceway circuit is the next track to receive the update treatment from the studio, with a new build release for the circuit having been deployed to the Steam Workshop yesterday afternoon.

Version 1.03 brings with it a number of quality of life improvements and graphical upgrades, as can be seen in the change notes below...

Portland International Raceway V1.03 Notes:

• Updated Roads to work with latest material developments
  • Updated Vegetation to latest material developments
  • Reviewed Grass bumpiness
  • Fixed some objects tagged as Hat that shouldn't have been.
  • Roughed up inside the curbs at the fast chicane
  • Added a dedicated material which makes there more resistance on the grass to stop cutting (just on the polys next to the chicane)
  • Fixed Fence/Tent lodding issues at Final Corners

Original Source: Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

rF2 Portland 1.jpg

Last edited:

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I would just like to have a whinge about loading times. Only reason being that it's done now, so we can all move on and not derail yet another thread with (legitimate or otherwise) complaining about a topic which has nothing to do with the title of this thread.

There, I've said it. All in one sentence too. :p

Last edited:
yep, Sebring was the first great new gen track (followed by Le Mans, Nurburgring, Portland and Spa) released since S397 arrival, it's now the only one not updated to pbr and other stuff, so i guess it will be next one to receive an update and i'm sure it will be stunning. also i'm happy with the Indy upcoming update :)

I presume that Indianapolis will be the next one. Track was mentioned on november roadmap.

All of the new PBR updates are great. Sebring will be next most likely, but honestly it still looks pretty amazing IMO. rFactor2 has become my new favorite sim after all of these years. It still has A LOT of warts, but the good outweighs the bad for me at this point.

Yeah I was about to comment, Sebring is superb on this title.

With the FFB on a decent level, it's just as brutal around here in the Oreca 07 as you would imagine in real life.

I can't run the track with everything switched on but even so it does look very good.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000