rFactor 2 Open Beta (pre-release discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Wheatley said:
What is the pricing structure for rF2?
In the USA, rF2 will sell for $43.99. This will allow unlimited access to single player and mod development mode. It will also include one year access to an online account. Additional one year access to the online account can be purchased for $12.99.

Why not simply raise the initial purchase price?
That wouldn’t be fair to those wanting to use only the single player or mod development mode.

What exactly are online services?
Users will be given online accounts from which they can access multiplayer races. This should reduce the number of anonymous race entries and in turn hopefully reduce the number of passworded servers.

The service will identify when updates are available and allow for automatic downloads.

The service provides a way to generate and maintain unique Mod/Package ID’s. This should help reduce the mismatch problem found in the current version of rFactor and also help reduce/eradicate version confusion for the end user.

Additional features such as online statistics are also planned.

What will I be able to do if I don't use online services?
You will be able to run single player, run Mod Mode, and manually find and install any mods or updates.

What is this open beta I have been hearing about?
We plan to release an early content-limited version for mod makers to provide feedback on the system. It will be an open beta, meaning anyone can participate. People wishing to take part will be required to make a full purchase (see pricing info above). We are planning to give those who take part in the open beta 18 months of online access with that purchase rather than the 12 months which will come with purchase after the open beta.

Will you offer refunds during or after the open beta?
If you believe you became a part of the rFactor 2 community too early we can arrange one.

Source

This MUST be a sign of rFactor 2's Open Beta being released soon. ISI has released a guide about installing rFactor 2 here. The guide includes information on installing the sim, purchasing, running the sim, updating, installing mods and more. What do you guys make of this information?

Under the section about installation, the guide says that there will be two installation directories - one for "core" files and one for "data" files. It appears that the data files are for mods according to the mod installation section, the default directory for the data files is under "My Documents". Personally, I would rather install both the core and the data files under my "C:\GAMES" directory (perhaps "C:\GAMES\rFactor_2\Core" and "C:\GAMES\rFactor_2\Data"), seeing as all of my other games are under that directory so I always go there to install mods. Do you guys think that there are any reasons I should or shouldn't do this?

P.S. The guide mentions "coupons" under purchasing - I assume that this is what the winner of the giveaway will get...

EDIT: I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason it didn't "stay". I assume that this problem was on my end...

dont know if it is the right thread, but do somebody know if rf2 will support more input devices than rfactor?
yesterday i get my new fanatec csp and together with a g27, a thrustmaster shifter, a keyboard and a modded microsoft joystick (handbrake) i cant use the pedals..:(
if i disconnect one of the other inputs all works fine.

thx
Erik

An interesting little snippet from Scott on the ISI Beta forum...... very nice:

The tire model isn't completely finished yet, so currently you can abuse the tires more than you should. However, I would get in the practice of trying to drive consistently now so that when it IS finished you won't burn them to a crisp. This same applies to wet tires. That said, if you abuse the tires too much you will feel a difference, just not the full affect yet.

You can run hot from following directly behind someone for too long. So yes, in longer races you need to step out a bit to get some clean air...

Hubba Hubba :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 140 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 104 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years