rFactor 2 Open Beta (pre-release discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Wheatley said:
What is the pricing structure for rF2?
In the USA, rF2 will sell for $43.99. This will allow unlimited access to single player and mod development mode. It will also include one year access to an online account. Additional one year access to the online account can be purchased for $12.99.

Why not simply raise the initial purchase price?
That wouldn’t be fair to those wanting to use only the single player or mod development mode.

What exactly are online services?
Users will be given online accounts from which they can access multiplayer races. This should reduce the number of anonymous race entries and in turn hopefully reduce the number of passworded servers.

The service will identify when updates are available and allow for automatic downloads.

The service provides a way to generate and maintain unique Mod/Package ID’s. This should help reduce the mismatch problem found in the current version of rFactor and also help reduce/eradicate version confusion for the end user.

Additional features such as online statistics are also planned.

What will I be able to do if I don't use online services?
You will be able to run single player, run Mod Mode, and manually find and install any mods or updates.

What is this open beta I have been hearing about?
We plan to release an early content-limited version for mod makers to provide feedback on the system. It will be an open beta, meaning anyone can participate. People wishing to take part will be required to make a full purchase (see pricing info above). We are planning to give those who take part in the open beta 18 months of online access with that purchase rather than the 12 months which will come with purchase after the open beta.

Will you offer refunds during or after the open beta?
If you believe you became a part of the rFactor 2 community too early we can arrange one.

Source

well james, i asked him if it would be today.. also saying i dont want to know the release date for the beta, an his reply was something in the lines of..... we could say no then change our minds and say yes... we could say yes and then chamge our minds and say no...

rob us plebs are looking forward to the beta, it did say in the sim magazine with the article about rfactor 2 beta, that we would be able to test it in the next few days... where did he get is information from.. the moon.. that was published on the 30th december .. few days??

"I've made the first time install private along with a number of other pages and videos which people found. Those items, which were never released to us by the public, are starting to get people annoyed at us for posting them - which we didn't.

People need to calm down."

Quote from Tim on VirtualR.

why would someone write an article in a magazine, and ,you will be able to try it yourself in the next few days... do you think he just made this up then?? someone from ISI must have said to him the public will be able to try it in the next few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%