rfactor 2 online races

Hi, maybe a newbie question but...
how do people go about setting up online races on rfactor 2?
i know racedepartment does it now and again..do i need my own server or can anyone set up a race like on rfactor? thanks

Anyone can set up a server, but the stability and number of drivers possible depends on the upload speed of your internet connection. When the connection is good, it's no problem.

Problem with doing that, is that you are number somany in the list. There are on average day more servers open for rfactor2, then drivers online :).

Anyone can set up a server, but the stability and number of drivers possible depends on the upload speed of your internet connection. When the connection is good, it's no problem.

Problem with doing that, is that you are number somany in the list. There are on average day more servers open for rfactor2, then drivers online :).
thanks buddy.
how do you do it then?lol

We announce. Because we have schedules, pleople can plan their race, and practice for it. That makes great racing.
I think that when the game goes fold, and all those people who got a refund, rebuy the game because it's one of the best out at that moment, online racing will grow back with public servers again. But even then, the best and most filled races will be at a community.

We announce. Because we have schedules, pleople can plan their race, and practice for it. That makes great racing.
I think that when the game goes fold, and all those people who got a refund, rebuy the game because it's one of the best out at that moment, online racing will grow back with public servers again. But even then, the best and most filled races will be at a community.

yes, i'm not planning on taking people away from RD
I just meant, "what buttons do you click on"? if i did.
In other platforms, in the racing club, random members often set up races e.g. f1 2012. i know how to set up my own races (never really have done...but i know). with rfactor 2, i have no idea. because it's new, i would like to get used to one type of car and race more often e.g. formula 2. not maybe now, but as the community grows, i would possiby setup some fun races on rd say using formula 2 cars. again tho, i don't know how to set up an online game.:redface:

We are always on the look out for good staff Andrew :)

The biggest problem with non-dedicated server hosting such as in F1 2012 is that people home connections most of the time cannot handle a lot of drivers, while a dedicated machine connected to a fast internet backbone can host races up to 50 or more drivers easily in games such as rF2 and others that allowed dedicated servers.

We are always on the look out for good staff Andrew :)

The biggest problem with non-dedicated server hosting such as in F1 2012 is that people home connections most of the time cannot handle a lot of drivers, while a dedicated machine connected to a fast internet backbone can host races up to 50 or more drivers easily in games such as rF2 and others that allowed dedicated servers.

ah..i was being naive and didn't realise about the servers. so racedepartment has it's own dedicated server...paid for by subscriptions or advertising? i wondered why only 1 event was on server at any one time. my bad :x3::roflmao: thanks bram. yeah, i'll probably volunteer early next year once i get this hectic year out the way but i spend enought time on rd anyway so might not affect my life too negatively.;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back