rFactor 2 on curved Samsung 49" monitor

I"m running RF2 on the Samsung 49" CRG9 monitor. I setup the monitor in RF2 as a triple screen, to account for the curvature, using an angle of 13 degrees.

It works great except I get a single thin vertical line which is approximately 2/3rd from the left edge of the monitor (i.e. 1/3rd from the right). Interestingly, there is no such vertical line 1/3rd from the left so it is not a symmettrical effect. The line starts out completely black, which is not that noticeable, but after a few minutes of racing it takes on seemingly random colors up and down the line and ruins the immersion.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a workaround? I've tried changing the numbers in the triple screen setup using negative numbers, which works in iracing, but no combination seems to get ride of the vertical line.

Thanks!

That sounds like you might have accidently given the triple screen setup a bezel width on one side which should be zeroed out?

Points for cleverness at using triple screen setup to accommodate the curvature!

I"m running RF2 on the Samsung 49" CRG9 monitor. I setup the monitor in RF2 as a triple screen, to account for the curvature, using an angle of 13 degrees.

It works great except I get a single thin vertical line which is approximately 2/3rd from the left edge of the monitor (i.e. 1/3rd from the right). Interestingly, there is no such vertical line 1/3rd from the left so it is not a symmettrical effect. The line starts out completely black, which is not that noticeable, but after a few minutes of racing it takes on seemingly random colors up and down the line and ruins the immersion.

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know of a workaround? I've tried changing the numbers in the triple screen setup using negative numbers, which works in iracing, but no combination seems to get ride of the vertical line.

Thanks!
I use the same monitor at 5120 x 1440 - CRG9 - awesome bit o kit. To be honest, I don;t understand why you feel the need to tell the sim it is a triple - it works perfectly fine without and is not distorted either. Perhaps we should confer and swap settings.

That sounds like you might have accidently given the triple screen setup a bezel width on one side which should be zeroed out?

Points for cleverness at using triple screen setup to accommodate the curvature!

Hi. Thanks! I double checked my bezel width is set to 0 on each side but perhaps another setting somewhere is causing it, still searching. I tried using small negative and positive numbers just in case but nothing seems to get rid of the vertical.

Best,
Rand

I use the same monitor at 5120 x 1440 - CRG9 - awesome bit o kit. To be honest, I don;t understand why you feel the need to tell the sim it is a triple - it works perfectly fine without and is not distorted either. Perhaps we should confer and swap settings.

Hi. Sure, there is some perspective distortion towards the edges of the screen due to the approximate 13' of curvature but it's more noticeable if you do an A|B comparison between the two configurations.

Here are the settings I use. I had to edit the Config_DX11.ini to enable triple monitor support first as the UI wouldn't allow me to enable it directly (the option was greyed out). Afterwards when you are in the car you can then use the Ctrl+= keyboard shortcut to bring up the triple screen editor and from there you can adjust the settings in realtime.

// Config_DX11.ini
SubViews=2
UseSubViewParams=2
WorkaroundFlags=0
ViewParams=(0.400, 0.338, 0.600, 13.000, 0.000) // screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)
LeftView=(0.400, 0.338, 0.600, 13.000, 0.000)
RightView=(0.400, 0.338, 0.600, 13.000, 0.000)

Best,
Rand

Did u ever solve this completely, I’ve just moved from vr to the 49 g9 and fov is 34 as advised. The car is warped but also seems disproportionate to my fanated wheel in real life ie the car is bigger than it should be?

I did. Below are the settings to fix the distortion. To get rid of the thin vertical black line issue you just need to change your video chard to a custom resolution that is evenly divisible by 3 horizontally, otherwise it will insert vertical black lines in between the 3 virtual screens. I use a resolution of 5118x1440 which works. Note that I am still using the old UI (the new UI was unreliable on my system), so I don't know if the same .ini file is still used.

// Config_DX11.ini
SubViews=2
UseSubViewParams=2
ViewParams=(0.400, 0.338, 0.600, 13.000, 0.000) // screen width (m), screen height (m), eye distance (m), side angle (deg), bezel gap (m)

Thanks so much for the reply, great work….This works to eliminate the grey bars and distortion. My fov is recommended 32 but I settled on 34. The car still feels quite big compared to my irl wheel, acc doesn’t have this issue…do u notice this also?

I haven't noticed that. I usually adjust the seat position forward or backward until the displayed steering wheel is similar in size to my real one. The default seat position is often too close so that could be the cause of the issue.

I did. Below are the settings to fix the distortion. To get rid of the thin vertical black line issue you just need to change your video chard to a custom resolution that is evenly divisible by 3 horizontally, otherwise it will insert vertical black lines in between the 3 virtual screens. I use a resolution of 5118x1440 which works. Note that I am still using the old UI (the new UI was unreliable on my system), so I don't know if the same .ini file is still used.

// Config_DX11.ini
SubViews=2
UseSubViewParams=2
hi, is use a newer g9 and know/feel about distortion too.....
i try to adjusting this stuff right now too

how do you change the resolution to 5118x1440 ?

i just noticed that iracing do have this feature build in, since a few month

I just use the NVIDIA control panel to set a custom resolution
well.... sometimes its that easy. big thx.
did not expet a answer in a 2 year old thread

i just remap the function to open the tripple screen setup in game, bc the original one don´t work for me
If someone is still here, how have you guys enabled the SubViews=2, mine keeps resetting to 0...

found this out for me tonight, should work for anybody else

SubViews=2....... this option need to set at least, otherwhise its set to 0 again.
1. do the thing with the custom resolution and use the posted settings by rand777 in the dx11 file
2. start the rf2 grafics configuration (steam) and set the custom resolution, it does not matter if the multiview is grayed out
3. open the dx11 file again and only change the final setting for the SubViews=2
4. close, save and set the datei to read only (schreibgeschützt)
5. open rf2 and use the tripple screen setup for final adjustments

Thanks to you all (rand777, dirtyHans) for the details in runing rFactor 2 with the Samsung C9XX curved. I'll be doing a new purchase soon (computer and monitor) and you made my decision much easier between an ultrawide curved 49" versus triple monitor set up. I like the most realistic views and appreciate the reduced distortion of the curved option. Best!

so

// Config_DX11.ini
SubViews=2
UseSubViewParams=2
with rain, you can see the "virtual line" shadow....not immersive...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back