rFactor 2 | New Spa-Francorchamps Trailer Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of release later this week, Studio 397 have revealed a beautifully created trailer of the upcoming Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps for rFactor 2.

Release day is fast approaching, and to celebrate the impending occasion Studio 397 have dropped a new trailer for the upcoming track release - including a nice sneaky peak of a new car too...

Original Source; Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rf2 spa 2.png

Last edited:
I can't take the credit for this, it's from From RasmusP :

"Lowering detail of cars in the garage:
In the player.json file, search for "Garage Detail". Default is 0.5, I set it to 0.01."

Also:
"Maximum number of headlights:
Search for "Max headlights" in the player.json file
Change to whatever you want, I personally have it at 50, which is plenty. Default is 256. "

"Higher resolution textures on opponent vehicles, while using lower polygon detail:
"Opponent Detail":1,
"Opponent Texture Override":3,
"

Thank you for your help. I am still getting really low fps on Nords. I just hope they reduce the pit buildings models complexity as I really do not care about that roller coaster or Ferris wheel.

Last edited:
WE NEEDS : championship multiplayer server / championship alone IA

IMSA 2021 : TRACKS "laser scan"

Rolex 24 at Daytona (DPi, LMP2*, LMP3*, GTLM, GTD) : WHEN ????
Long Beach ????
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca ???????????
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course ?????
Detroit Belle Isle ?????
Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen ?????
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park ?????
Lime Rock Park ???????
Road America ??????
Motul Petit Le Mans "ROAD ATLANTA " ???????
others is ok

WEC 2021 : MONZA - FUJI - Bahreïn .....others is ok

I meant that there is no special breakthrough in the graphics quality that
needs a graphics card update for most users, besides the sun rays, which
has to be tested yet. VR mode has to be optimized, though.

I meant that there is no special breakthrough in the graphics quality that
needs a graphics card update for most users, besides the sun rays, which
has to be tested yet. VR mode has to be optimized, though.
Yeah, rF2 is terribly optimized for VR. and Nords is especilly bad. I think it has a bad memory leak.
I bit the bullet this week, and bought a RTX 3080, to compensate for rF2s power-hungry VR. My old GTX 1080 just curled up and died in VR, it was a bad joke :roflmao:

Last edited:
I don't think you're going to be very happy with running the Reverb G2 with your card. Although HP says it'll run in full resolution with it, it's gonna be marginal at best I'd think. Let us know if it works when you get it.
I know I that i will need 3080 or 6800xt, but it will not be this year, as paper launch fulled all people, as HP delayed G2 even i preordered on July 13th. USA is getting even later preorders, EU is sucking ... so mid December i think is best scenario if i get it, also looking for playing just AC and iR with few cars, as rf2 will be disaster via VR... it looks bad even on tripples everything maxed out. Give me rf2 ffb on AC with SOL mod and i’ lm more than happy!

Thank you for your help. I am still getting really low fps on Nords. I just hope they reduce the pit buildings models complexity as I really do not care about that roller coaster or Ferris wheel.
I'm beginning to think that Nords has a memory leak. I can drive one lap with just the usual random drops to 40fps or so, but for the most part I have a solid 78.9fps average with my Rift S. Then after a pitstop, I drive out of the pits, and suddenly I have a slideshow. And it doesn't get any better the further I am from the pits. It is pretty much undrivable.
Le Mans shows how it should be: 60 vehicles, time acceleration at X 60, car, track and texture detail on high, and shadows and track reflections on medium.
Apart from a slight drop to 40-70fps in the pits, it runs at full speed, apart from one or two sections of the track for two or three seconds, but not so bad that it destroys the immersion.
I'll be interested to see how Spa turns out, hopefully not a train wreck like Nords.
And then yesterday the Malheur with the new UI, but that's a subject for another thread....

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that Nords has a memory leak. I can drive one lap with just the usual random drops to 40fps or so, but for the most part I have a solid 78.9fps average with my Rift S. Then after a pitstop, I drive out of the pits, and suddenly I have a sideshow. And it doesn't get any better the further I am from the pits. It is pretty much undrivable.
Le Mans shows how it should be: 60 vehicles, time acceleration at X 60, car, track and texture detail on high, and shadows and track reflections on medium.
Apart from a slight drop to 40-70fps in the pits, it runs at full speed, apart from one or two sections of the track for two or three seconds, but not so bad that it destroys the immersion.
I'll be interested to see how Spa turns out, hopefully not a train wreck like Nords.
And then yesterday the Malheur with the new UI, but that's a subject for another thread....

Agreed, Nords has a memory leak. I can get one race with 60 fps then reload the next one with the same settings. Boom, 20 fps. Quit to menu and load again, then, its 50 fps.

Manage to figure out the issue with low fps on nords. I tried dropping the settings and it still occasionally 20 fps. Until I drop the numbers of cars which I kept either GT3 or GTE, then add the BTCC as some backmarkers to pass by. The fps mainly stayed at 60 fps throughout the track which is enjoyable to race. Fairly playable now but it will be nice if they sort out the issues with Nords. However, I doubt they will as usual.

Will be more sceptical with more of their content now as they have a history to release half-arsed content.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%