rFactor 2 | New Spa-Francorchamps Trailer Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of release later this week, Studio 397 have revealed a beautifully created trailer of the upcoming Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps for rFactor 2.

Release day is fast approaching, and to celebrate the impending occasion Studio 397 have dropped a new trailer for the upcoming track release - including a nice sneaky peak of a new car too...

Original Source; Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rf2 spa 2.png

Last edited:
And what you get better from 1080 on 3080? Graphics will not change... just more smooth expierence you will have :)

The graphics don't get better, that's true: but I couldn't take advantage of the graphical detail with the 1080, at least not in VR.
I only drive in VR: after you've driven VR you'll never go back to pancake mode, the immersion with full detail in VR is stunning, but you need a very powerful computer to be able to do that in VR. No VR, no play.
With the 3080 I can turn everything up to max and still get a solid 80fps with my Rift S. With the 1080 I had only medium to low settings, I couldn't drive at night, or with bad weather, or more than 20 cars, it was undriveable, with only 40fps in VR, and it looked like shite.
With the 3080 I can drive in Le Mans with max everything, 60 cars, time acceleration on 60x so I have daylight/sunset/night/sunrise/daylight cycles every 24mins.
The 3080 cost nearly a grand, but since I've had it, I can't stop grinning. You have to see the difference to believe it.
Wanna buy an MSI GTX1080 Gaming X with 8Gb VRAM? :D

th

Last edited:
With the 3080 I can drive in Le Mans with max everything, 60 cars, time acceleration on 60x so I have daylight/sunset/night/sunrise/daylight cycles every 24mins.
The 3080 cost nearly a grand, but since I've had it, I can't stop grinning. You have to see the difference to believe it.

Out of curiosity, what CPU do you have?

I also play in VR only but need to upgrade I think.

As for Spa.. I pressed play on the video with some trepidation and was relieved to find it was indeed the Spa Trailer :D. I am buying this. I think the recent Nurburgring update looks fantastic so I am hoping this is at the same level. In the Ferrari 488 (which has great looking interior - miles ahead of all the other cars for some reason), this will be awesome.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what CPU do you have?

I also play in VR only but need to upgrade I think.

As for Spa.. I pressed play on the video with some trepidation and was relieved to find it was indeed the Spa Trailer :D. I am buying this. I think the recent Nurburgring update looks fantastic so I am hoping this is at the same level. In the Ferrari 488 (which has great looking interior - miles ahead of all the other cars for some reason), this will be awesome.
Intel i7 Coffee Lake R @4.6Ghz together with 32Gb 3600 RAM on a Gigabyte Aorus Z 390 Pro Wi-Fi MB. The 3080 is running bog standard, no overclock. Incidently, I'll be buying Spa too, it's a no brainer :D

Hopefully the performance isn't going to be dog crap.

Still cant get the Nurburgring pit lane FPS to be better for me.

I can't take the credit for this, it's from From RasmusP :

"Lowering detail of cars in the garage:
In the player.json file, search for "Garage Detail". Default is 0.5, I set it to 0.01."

Also:
"Maximum number of headlights:
Search for "Max headlights" in the player.json file
Change to whatever you want, I personally have it at 50, which is plenty. Default is 256. "

"Higher resolution textures on opponent vehicles, while using lower polygon detail:
"Opponent Detail":1,
"Opponent Texture Override":3,
"

Last edited:
The graphics don't get better, that's true: but I couldn't take advantage of the graphical detail with the 1080, at least not in VR.
I only drive in VR: after you've driven VR you'll never go back to pancake mode, the immersion with full detail in VR is stunning, but you need a very powerful computer to be able to do that in VR. No VR, no play.
With the 3080 I can turn everything up to max and still get a solid 80fps with my Rift S. With the 1080 I had only medium to low settings, I couldn't drive at night, or with bad weather, or more than 20 cars, it was undriveable, with only 40fps in VR, and it looked like shite.
Wanna buy an MSI GTX1080 Gaming X with 8Gb VRAM? :D

th
I has 1080 ti and had cv1 which is total ****, but waiting for hp reverb g2;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%