rFactor 2: New Reiza DLC ViR Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 VIR 1.jpg

Reiza Studios have released new preview images from the upcoming Virginia International Raceway rFactor 2 DLC.

Confirming ViR will be added as yet another additional bonus content item for the upcoming Reiza Bundle DLC for rFactor 2, the busy Brazilian developers have now released a series of new images featuring the luscious American circuit – and I must admit, they look very nice indeed.

Virginia International Raceway is a permanent racing facility located in Alton, Virginia and measures 4.2 miles in the longest “Grand East Course” configuration. Considered one of the jewels of American race circuits for its twisting and challenging layout, as well as a distinctly old school attitude to circuit runoff areas meaning drivers have to remain on their toes throughout the lap – ViR is a fantastic venue for many varied types of motorsport activity.

rF2 VIR 2.jpg
rF2 VIR 3.jpg

Expected to come to rFactor 2 with all five unique configurations, the confirmation of ViR now means the new Reiza Bundle DLC will add no less than six new cars and five unique tracks to rFactor 2.

At the time of writing, both release date and price of the DLC are still to be confirmed - with more details expected to follow in due course.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC via the Steam platform.

rF2 VIR 4.jpg rF2 VIR 5.jpg rF2 VIR 6.jpg rF2 VIR 7.jpg rF2 VIR 8.jpg rF2 VIR 9.jpg rF2 VIR 10.jpg

Don’t forget to check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community chat and of course our superb rFactor 2 Racing Club – where rF2 and quality eSport events are available for drivers of any skill and experience level.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media

This looks like a great match between RF2 and Reiza. Looking forward to the new tracks and really looking forward to the MetalMoro cars! Very enjoyable to drive in Automobilista but haven't really driven them in a long time since I now mostly drive in VR. Having a great time in RF2 lately so it is great to have some new content to play with!! Hope it comes pretty soon.

Maybe the number of posts in this thread compared to the numbers about ACC release 6 does say something about how much rF2 is "on top".:whistling:
My own entusiasm for rF2 has cooled down to zero Kelvin when I recently experienced that Studio 397 has destroyed any possibility of running the latest un-Steam Build 1098 - even offline.
At least 1 year back this was possible both with or without being online.:thumbsup:

Now everyone with an un-Steam install get a message "Unexpected network error" at start and is unable to run rF2.
Thank you Studio 397 - I have been rather positive of reinstalling rF2 on Steam and begin buying some rF2 stuff when/if I could see some substantial progres in the game.
But now as I said - zero Kelvin entusiasm.:sleep:

And this has nothing to do with some local connection issues suddenly started for the other non-Steam users.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe the number of posts in this thread compared to the numbers about ACC release 6 does say something about how much rF2 is "on top".:whistling:
My own entusiasm for rF2 has cooled down to zero Kelvin when I recently experienced that Studio 397 has destroyed any possibility of running the latest un-Steam Build 1098 - even offline.
At least 1 year back this was possible both with or without being online.:thumbsup:

Now everyone with an un-Steam install get a message "Unexpected network error" at start and is unable to run rF2.
Thank you Studio 397 - I have been rather positive of reinstalling rF2 on Steam and begin buying some rF2 stuff when/if I could see some substantial progres in the game.
But now as I said - zero Kelvin entusiasm.:sleep:

And this has nothing to do with some local connection issues suddenly started for the other non-Steam users.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Build 1098 is 2 1/2 years old and IIRC the last one by ISI before Studio397 took over later that year, if you want to support the Devs by "buying some RF2 stuff" then the latest content will only work with the latest Build Updates due to changes to the Sim, so I highly advise you to update to the latest build and take advantage - The Sim has moved on a long way since Build 1098.

I'm unfamiliar with running apps without steam which I buy through steam, because I never ever even felt need of doing it that way.

I would guess that people avoiding running apps through steam is a minority, let alone using quite an old build of a software that has stepped forward so much. Also you just could run through steam if you really wanted to use this simulation, if there is indeed an issue.

Seems quite bad for you to drop enthusiasm to -273.15 degrees of Celsius, extreme stuff...

We had a preview of that when they told the paying customers that didn't transition to Steam that they should buy the sim again. They think that by having that kind of attitude, people will buy again, they just manage to make people angry.
But don't you worry. Your enthusiasm for rF2 and S397 is shared by some of the big modding teams. Soon we'll be left with poor DLC's only.

edit : guys, you can disagree all you want, the part where S397 told customers to buy again is factual, it's somewhere on their forums. And the unhappy modding teams is something I've been told by very good sources. Another fact.

Last edited:
I fired up rF2 yesterday right after a 2 hour ACC session and said "Ahh that's better" out loud, to myself.
I don't know what it is about rFactor that captures my attention so well that I compare all other sims to it.
It's so good.
Same, I bought the EGT pack from URD the day before yesterday (they have a 30% sale now if you use the promo code karnival), and after playing around with the GTR in ACC for about an hour, I switched back to Rf2 and the FFB on those URD mod cars immediately felt better. And because the FFB is more detailed and engaging the immersion comes naturally.

Not to talk bad about ACC or anything as it felt good as well, just not as great or detailed as Rf2 does.

they had something like a 6 month window where previous users could transfer to Steam for free. Probably still can if you contact S397. As far as old versions, those versions do not support dx11 and they do not support any of the new DLC. The old versions won't support any of the DX11 fps optimizations, & would not include updates to the tire systems which is nearing the best in the business. The new PBR graphics which will eventually be used for car skins, car interiors and track environments only work in DX11+.
Since the thrust and focus of all development was taking the sim further and further from the older versions, they made the decision to focus on the future of the sim.

At least I appreciate that most of the comments to my post is pretty cool and relaxed.:thumbsup:

The reason have not updated my rF2 to the Steam version is
1. I was/is only interrested in using a small and transparent rF2 install to from time to time practice offline on wellknown tracks.
2. I have allready Raceroom, pCars2 and ACC via Steam and is SOOO completely tired of the size and un-transparent way this gaming and advertising system is invading my puter.:poop:
3. Until Studio 397/Steam destroyed my non-Steam rF2 install I could pretty simple start rF2 offline and without any fuss enjoy some laps in practice or race mode.:thumbsup:

The few comments saying "I don't understand why you dont use Steam" or "some time ago you could transfer to Steam for free" can ‎probably be seen as irrelevant because of 1.2.3.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: To qualify my comment that it is Studio 397 that has destroyed my non-Steam install locally on my puter(!) I will say this:
My guess is that the communication has been from Steam to Studio 397 asking if it is OK if Steam installed on any puter with a non-Steam rF2 does destroy any possibility of running the local non-Steam rF2 install.
And even the nice sounding Offerman has has probably just answered Yesss of course and dont make a lot of fuss about this - bitte.:rolleyes:

My guess is that the communication has been from Steam to Studio 397 asking if it is OK if Steam installed on any puter with a non-Steam rF2 does destroy any possibility of running the local non-Steam rF2 install.
And even the nice sounding Offerman has has probably just answered Yesss of course and dont make a lot of fuss about this -
Much as we all enjoy a good conspiracy theory, can we get back on topic please.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%