rFactor 2: New Reiza DLC ViR Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 VIR 1.jpg

Reiza Studios have released new preview images from the upcoming Virginia International Raceway rFactor 2 DLC.

Confirming ViR will be added as yet another additional bonus content item for the upcoming Reiza Bundle DLC for rFactor 2, the busy Brazilian developers have now released a series of new images featuring the luscious American circuit – and I must admit, they look very nice indeed.

Virginia International Raceway is a permanent racing facility located in Alton, Virginia and measures 4.2 miles in the longest “Grand East Course” configuration. Considered one of the jewels of American race circuits for its twisting and challenging layout, as well as a distinctly old school attitude to circuit runoff areas meaning drivers have to remain on their toes throughout the lap – ViR is a fantastic venue for many varied types of motorsport activity.

rF2 VIR 2.jpg
rF2 VIR 3.jpg

Expected to come to rFactor 2 with all five unique configurations, the confirmation of ViR now means the new Reiza Bundle DLC will add no less than six new cars and five unique tracks to rFactor 2.

At the time of writing, both release date and price of the DLC are still to be confirmed - with more details expected to follow in due course.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC via the Steam platform.

rF2 VIR 4.jpg rF2 VIR 5.jpg rF2 VIR 6.jpg rF2 VIR 7.jpg rF2 VIR 8.jpg rF2 VIR 9.jpg rF2 VIR 10.jpg

Don’t forget to check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community chat and of course our superb rFactor 2 Racing Club – where rF2 and quality eSport events are available for drivers of any skill and experience level.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media

I think in this instance it's important for the Developer of the game to defend his game with the true facts
Oh I agree and I was not criticizing just pointing out that anyone following the thread would have already reached the conclusion.
Always good to see devs on here especially for those members who don't frequent the game forums.

@mantasisg
When can I drive your excellent Goodwood mod in Rf2? :p

It is not so excellent now, but you can find it already, there is a thread in a forum with a link. I make an open projects for fun and feedback. Also you can find XJ13. You can check them before Reiza content drops. I also think historic Puma and Formula Vee will be fun in goodwood, also XJ13 will be fun in tracks from Reiza.

offered everybody a free migration for over half a year
You're making it sound as if it was a gift :roflmao:

After this long and very public period where we migrated everybody for free, we indeed at some point had to tell users to buy rF2 again on Steam.
Some care about the customer, some care about the money.

You keep referring...
Hardly. One post doesn't make multiple instances.

Again, feel free to explain here since you're stating this is a fact, so I would love to see you back it up with some evidence.
I won't throw these guys under the bus. If they felt they could talk to you, they'd have already told you about all the issues (and the list is long) of rF2.
I was merely telling an unhappy customer that he's not alone.

We always listen to the community and try to do something with the feedback that is provided.
I'm sure you do. The leagues you know, ran by your friends, the fanboys, the beta testers that can only say how awesome content is (those who can critique / have actual knowledge are ignored then pushed away), yes, I'm sure you listen to the community.

At least I appreciate that most of the comments to my post is pretty cool and relaxed.:thumbsup:

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: To qualify my comment that it is Studio 397 that has destroyed my non-Steam install locally on my puter(!) I will say this:
My guess is that the communication has been from Steam to Studio 397 asking if it is OK if Steam installed on any puter with a non-Steam rF2 does destroy any possibility of running the local non-Steam rF2 install.
And even the nice sounding Offerman has has probably just answered Yesss of course and dont make a lot of fuss about this - bitte.:rolleyes:

Actually, the reason why your old ISI non Steam build of rF2 stopped working is because ISI have obviously turned off the activations servers. Even the non steam version was always "online" due to the account activation check that was done every time you opened the non steam launcher.

There is zero sense blaming S397 for this, as that server was never run by them at all.

You're making it sound as if it was a gift :roflmao:

Some care about the customer, some care about the money.

Hardly. One post doesn't make multiple instances.

I won't throw these guys under the bus. If they felt they could talk to you, they'd have already told you about all the issues (and the list is long) of rF2.
I was merely telling an unhappy customer that he's not alone.

I'm sure you do. The leagues you know, ran by your friends, the fanboys, the beta testers that can only say how awesome content is (those who can critique / have actual knowledge are ignored then pushed away), yes, I'm sure you listen to the community.

Every rF2 related comment you've made in the last year is full of negativity, go drive your preference and stop skipping the record.
Back on topic, we know Reiza said March and I'm rather excited about Imola do we think it will be #soon or end of month?

Usually when something says delivered this month it tends to be end of the month, but the pack was delayed on behalf of Reiza several times in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a March release.

I have one slight concern with the Reiza tracks and that is the resolution of the road mesh and how it will feel with rF2 2400 Hz tire model, since rF1 based sims generally operated on a lot lower res mesh. But I could be entirely wrong here, there is no way to check the resolution of tracks in AMS due to the encryption of GMTs.

I have one slight concern with the Reiza tracks and that is the resolution of the road mesh and how it will feel with rF2 2400 Hz tire model, since rF1 based sims generally operated on a lot lower res mesh. But I could be entirely wrong here, there is no way to check the resolution of tracks in AMS due to the encryption of GMTs.

I've always found AMS tracks have a lot of nuance in them for what they are, lots of interesting camber and undulation, much more so than the majority of tracks I run across in rF2 to be honest (less Sebring) so I'm not too concerned about that at all.

As for the comments above by jpalesi, given that a developer has spent the time to address your concern personally, even if you may not like the answers, it really is quite appalling to retort with bankrupt statements like "Some care about the customer, some care about the money." Thankfully jpalesi you are an outlier because there would be no creative industries if people behaved like yourself - nothing good was ever nurtured in a toxic atmosphere. I usually find when people band about the word 'fanboy' in reality they reveal more about themselves and their own way of thinking than anyone else

Actually, the reason why your old ISI non Steam build of rF2 stopped working is because ISI have obviously turned off the activations servers. Even the non steam version was always "online" due to the account activation check that was done every time you opened the non steam launcher.
There is zero sense blaming S397 for this, as that server was never run by them at all.
Im pretty relaxed that the Studio 397 dev and some rF2 tifosis try to point to ISI because some strange things suddenly happens for any non-Steam rF2 installs left.
Thats OK.:thumbsup:
But your "fact" that "Even the non steam version was always "online" - is a complete fake.
Or rather bullocks.:roflmao:
Because the year I was happily running my lil simple non-Steam rF2 install I allways started it up offline!
And yeah it took some extra seconds to launch because rF2 tried to "connect" - but after about 1 minute it accepted and started COMPLETE offline.
So much for your oppinion about allways "online".:rolleyes:
So my oppinion is that you actually dont have a clue about what you are saying in this context.

Note: Not derailing - but just shooting some fake news down.:whistling:

Because the year I was happily running my lil simple non-Steam rF2 install I allways started it up offline!
And yeah it took some extra seconds to launch because rF2 tried to "connect" - but after about 1 minute it accepted and started COMPLETE offline.

Please direct any support request to the correct developer of your chosen product.

Come on, it's only been six years!

rF1 was released in 2005. Some of the better content like the CART content, HistorX, World Sports Car, etc., didn't show up until 2007-2009 and spent until nearly 2011-2012 getting refined. Soon after rF2 was announced. Of course, Automobilista evolved out of GSC/SCE pretty much as a highly polished MOD of rF1 in 2012 and has refined into a premium Sim 14 years after the engine's release.

Only dif is whatever went sideways at ISI that mucked up, delayed and setback rF2. At least it's getting attention and is actively releasing some decent content. It should be welcomed and enjoyed..

Easy to forget and complain.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%