rFactor 2: New Reiza DLC ViR Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 VIR 1.jpg

Reiza Studios have released new preview images from the upcoming Virginia International Raceway rFactor 2 DLC.

Confirming ViR will be added as yet another additional bonus content item for the upcoming Reiza Bundle DLC for rFactor 2, the busy Brazilian developers have now released a series of new images featuring the luscious American circuit – and I must admit, they look very nice indeed.

Virginia International Raceway is a permanent racing facility located in Alton, Virginia and measures 4.2 miles in the longest “Grand East Course” configuration. Considered one of the jewels of American race circuits for its twisting and challenging layout, as well as a distinctly old school attitude to circuit runoff areas meaning drivers have to remain on their toes throughout the lap – ViR is a fantastic venue for many varied types of motorsport activity.

rF2 VIR 2.jpg
rF2 VIR 3.jpg

Expected to come to rFactor 2 with all five unique configurations, the confirmation of ViR now means the new Reiza Bundle DLC will add no less than six new cars and five unique tracks to rFactor 2.

At the time of writing, both release date and price of the DLC are still to be confirmed - with more details expected to follow in due course.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC via the Steam platform.

rF2 VIR 4.jpg rF2 VIR 5.jpg rF2 VIR 6.jpg rF2 VIR 7.jpg rF2 VIR 8.jpg rF2 VIR 9.jpg rF2 VIR 10.jpg

Don’t forget to check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for news, discussions, community chat and of course our superb rFactor 2 Racing Club – where rF2 and quality eSport events are available for drivers of any skill and experience level.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media

Maybe the number of posts in this thread compared to the numbers about ACC release 6 does say something about how much rF2 is "on top".:whistling:
My own entusiasm for rF2 has cooled down to zero Kelvin when I recently experienced that Studio 397 has destroyed any possibility of running the latest un-Steam Build 1098 - even offline.
At least 1 year back this was possible both with or without being online.:thumbsup:

Now everyone with an un-Steam install get a message "Unexpected network error" at start and is unable to run rF2.
Thank you Studio 397 - I have been rather positive of reinstalling rF2 on Steam and begin buying some rF2 stuff when/if I could see some substantial progres in the game.
But now as I said - zero Kelvin entusiasm.:sleep:

And this has nothing to do with some local connection issues suddenly started for the other non-Steam users.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dont play it, simple ;)

Mod Edit: language.
We all know that the number of posts is the indicator for how popular a sim is. And why on earth would somebody still use a two year old non-steam rFactor 2 version, when he/she is perfectly fine to use other sims on steam missing out on all the updates? That's tinfoil-head-attitude at it's best. Get the freakin' game on steam in a sale and get over it or stop playing the drama queen. If you haven't fired up your two year old verion of the sim for over a year, your interest in the sim will be of no concern anyway. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Much as we all enjoy a good conspiracy theory, can we get back on topic please.
Hopefully yeah:p
But I really appreaciate this discussion because after that I searched a bit and found a 1098 build that just has to be installed on top of either a 1084 or 1098.
Problem solved;)
Hehe probably until next time Steam does edit some of my non-Steam rF2 HKEYs:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Back on topic I hope this DLC is going to be coming at the same price as the other car packs - less desirable content car wise but some tracks added to the mix, around £13 GBP would seem to be about right to me. If it's heading anywhere near the £20 mark that might be an eeekkk moment

Or perhaps S397 payments to Steam in licensing fees are reduced if the product is 100% Steam only. Add to that the possible reduction is support costs.(although the Steam to S397 interface is what is responsible now for most of the installation issues with new cars/tracks.) S397 made the decision to only offer continued support for DX11 & Steam environments. While you offer a reasonable explanation why you wanted a non-steam option, they were quite clear and quite generous in the time period allowed for all users to convert their licenses over to the Steam install. Your choice not to accept their migration offer left you an orphan. (there should be two words in that last sentence that jump out at everyone) I will support you though, in that I am un-easy with companies that edit registry files on user's computers without clearing stating what will occur.(and not in that immensely huge mumbo-jumbo legaleze )

Last edited:
Back on topic I hope this DLC is going to be coming at the same price as the other car packs - less desirable content car wise but some tracks added to the mix, around £13 GBP would seem to be about right to me. If it's heading anywhere near the £20 mark that might be an eeekkk moment
Just the tracks alone might exceed the cost of all but the Sebring DLC. This will be a rather large collection when all parts are considered. That may make it unlikely the cost will remain in line with the current 3 carpacks offered by S397. The good news for some, will be that Riezza has stated each item will be offered either in a group or sold individually. The bad news, rF2 requires all files used by a server online must be also locally installed on the end user's computer. So you might find it difficult to join in a session that has all the Riezza content if you only purchased a car or track.

Reiza just needs to merge or work with S397 for RF3. They'd produce an absolute gem. Reiza are my favourite dev team. Whenever I've contacted Renato he's always replied in regards to any questions on physics, that attention to the community should never be overlooked. I've heard S397 are doing great things with RF2 so why not?! I know they live and work on practically opposite sides of the world, but that's just my thoughts. I can't wait, I just need to give Reiza my Steam ID number now for my free copy.

Your choice not to accept their migration offer left you an orphan. (there should be two words in that last sentence that jump out at everyone) I will support you though, in that I am un-easy with companies that edit registry files on user's computers without clearing stating what will occur.(and not in that immensely huge mumbo-jumbo legaleze )
Thank you Dave :thumbsup:
I consider (mostly :) ) your comments as reasonable reading.
Hehe I will stop this tiny thread digression by saying that I actually HAVE recieved my rF2 Steam transfer code inside the official timespan.
But I didnt want to activate it because I was fully satisfied to use my small and tranparant rF2 install to the things I have described.
But when a dev actively or passively accepts that Steam are allowed to edit my local rF2 settings my entusiasm for that dev goes the Kelvin way.

But as I said I have solved the problem by using some kind of alternative rF2 non-Steam install:whistling:

But I didnt want to activate it because I was fully satisfied to use my small and tranparant rF2 install to the things I have described.
But when a dev actively or passively accepts that Steam are allowed to edit my local rF2 settings my entusiasm for that dev goes the Kelvin way.
So basically you've hijacked the thread for nothing.

Just the tracks alone might exceed the cost of all but the Sebring DLC. This will be a rather large collection when all parts are considered. That may make it unlikely the cost will remain in line with the current 3 carpacks offered by S397. The good news for some, will be that Riezza has stated each item will be offered either in a group or sold individually. The bad news, rF2 requires all files used by a server online must be also locally installed on the end user's computer. So you might find it difficult to join in a session that has all the Riezza content if you only purchased a car or track.

maybe Dave but the original pack was announced as two tracks, four cars which I'm sure was intended to match the current pack price. The two Pumas were then added as a extra/gift, as was Imola, not sure where VIR fits in, and since it is porting of content rather than ground up creation, great as the tracks are but they are not laser scanned, I'd think around the price of other packs would seem right

Same, I bought the EGT pack from URD the day before yesterday (they have a 30% sale now if you use the promo code karnival), and after playing around with the GTR in ACC for about an hour, I switched back to Rf2 and the FFB on those URD mod cars immediately felt better. And because the FFB is more detailed and engaging the immersion comes naturally.

Not to talk bad about ACC or anything as it felt good as well, just not as great or detailed as Rf2 does.
While the boys from URD told me that their rF2 physics are ok but can be a lot better.
Try their cars next to the official GTE-GT3 cars, you feel offical ones have even better force feedback..

My own entusiasm for rF2 has cooled down to zero Kelvin when I recently experienced that Studio 397 has destroyed any possibility of running the latest un-Steam Build 1098 - even offline. At least 1 year back this was possible both with or without being online. Now everyone with an un-Steam install get a message "Unexpected network error" at start and is unable to run rF2. Thank you Studio 397 - I have been rather positive of reinstalling rF2 on Steam and begin buying some rF2 stuff when/if I could see some substantial progres in the game. But now as I said - zero Kelvin entusiasm.:sleep: And this has nothing to do with some local connection issues suddenly started for the other non-Steam users.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So from your own story you are saying that at least one year ago you could still run the non-Steam version of build 1098 and recently you tried again and it stopped working? And you blame Studio 397 for that. Just to get some facts straight. Studio 397 never released any non-Steam builds, these were all still done by ISI. Our first release was 1108 (see https://www.studio-397.com/2016/12/release-of-build-1108/ for the original announcement). What might have happened, but you should really ask ISI about this, is that the copy protection that they used for these non-Steam builds or some locally hosted infrastructure (at ISI) somehow expired or was shut down.

The reason have not updated my rF2 to the Steam version is
1. I was/is only interrested in using a small and transparent rF2 install to from time to time practice offline on wellknown tracks.
2. I have allready Raceroom, pCars2 and ACC via Steam and is SOOO completely tired of the size and un-transparent way this gaming and advertising system is invading my puter.:poop:
3. Until Studio 397/Steam destroyed my non-Steam rF2 install I could pretty simple start rF2 offline and without any fuss enjoy some laps in practice or race mode.:thumbsup:
The few comments saying "I don't understand why you dont use Steam" or "some time ago you could transfer to Steam for free" can ‎probably be seen as irrelevant because of 1.2.3.

So you do use Steam for all other racing simulations you play. At this point I could give you a lot of tips on how to run rF2 on Steam and maintain just as small and simple an installation as you had outside of Steam as our newer builds actually allow you to start with that same "lite" install that existed before and picking just the content you want is easy.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: To qualify my comment that it is Studio 397 that has destroyed my non-Steam install locally on my puter(!) I will say this:
My guess is that the communication has been from Steam to Studio 397 asking if it is OK if Steam installed on any puter with a non-Steam rF2 does destroy any possibility of running the local non-Steam rF2 install.
And even the nice sounding Offerman has has probably just answered Yesss of course and dont make a lot of fuss about this - bitte.:rolleyes:

Just to clarify: this is nonsense. You made that up. Such a conversation never happened. Steam is absolutely fine with any publisher also publishing their games outside of their platform. It was the decision of Studio 397 to only publish and support future builds on Steam. We did not do anything to make life harder for people with a non-Steam build.

We had a preview of that when they told the paying customers that didn't transition to Steam that they should buy the sim again. They think that by having that kind of attitude, people will buy again, they just manage to make people angry.
But don't you worry. Your enthusiasm for rF2 and S397 is shared by some of the big modding teams. Soon we'll be left with poor DLC's only.

As some others already said, we gave people a lot of warnings about this move, offered everybody a free migration for over half a year (an offer that previously already was available from ISI so the total migration period was even longer). We also e-mailed every single rF2 user and did our best to get the message out on all channels.

So I'm not sure what made you angry, feel free to explain, but I believe we have been very reasonable and pro-active about trying to migrate everybody.

edit : guys, you can disagree all you want, the part where S397 told customers to buy again is factual, it's somewhere on their forums. And the unhappy modding teams is something I've been told by very good sources. Another fact.

After this long and very public period where we migrated everybody for free, we indeed at some point had to tell users to buy rF2 again on Steam. All the customer records for the non-Steam version were run at ISI and they kindly agreed to keep running those and the associated migration tool for quite some time. But there comes a point when that had to be shut down.

You keep referring to big and unhappy modding teams that are in direct contact with you. Again, feel free to explain here since you're stating this is a fact, so I would love to see you back it up with some evidence. We always listen to the community and try to do something with the feedback that is provided. Who are they? Why are they unhappy?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back