rFactor 2 | New Nürburgring Update And Layout Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a new update to their Nürburgring track within rFactor 2.

Releasing the fresh new build of the Nürburgring yesterday, Studio 397 have both given the track a further optimisation pass, as well as adding what has been described as the "Support 24H" layout - a track configuration that is mostly used for the support classes of the 24h endurance events - traditionally series such as ADAC F4 and the Porsche Carrera Cup series.

The Nürburgring originally released for rFactor 2 as a paid DLC back in September, retailing for around £10.66 and coming with four original configurations - with further layouts added to this iconic track over the following months.

rF2 Nords Update 3.jpg

Arguably one of the most fearsome and challenging tracks in the motorsport world, the rFactor 2 Nürburgring Nordschleife has been laserscanned to represent the full detail of the circuit, and is certainly one of the most impressive recreations of the track in modern sim racing.

You can purchase the circuit here.

rF2 Nords Update 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

rF2 Nords Update 2.jpg

Well again was really excited to check out the new updates,
then after waiting almost 3 minutes to load ingame I started daydreaming and having flashbacks from when I was 7-8 years old playing the Commodor 64 with the insane 27-30 minute loading times,

then to find that no matter what I do it wont accept my DD2 wheel base just constantly keeps crashing,
I mean come on folks its 2020 not 1920 this stuff should run like clockwork,
anyways I cant be bothered now ill go back and play AC.

then after waiting almost 3 minutes to load ingame I started daydreaming and having flashbacks from when I was 7-8 years old playing the Commodor 64 with the insane 27-30 minute loading times,

then to find that no matter what I do it wont accept my DD2 wheel base just constantly keeps crashing,

Hi , just to let you know i have Rfactor 2 working flawlessly with my DD2? I did have issues with it crashing my pc on AMS2, but i reverted to an older driver and it stabilized things... Which drivers are you using?

Hi , just to let you know i have Rfactor 2 working flawlessly with my DD2? I did have issues with it crashing my pc on AMS2, but i reverted to an older driver and it stabilized things... Which drivers are you using?
Hi,
Yes running these I get no LED or Telemetry on my wheel without Fanalabs,
so using the latest drivers,
1595078103582.png

Aris at Kunos runs a DD2, ACC runs amazing with it also AC, I would imagine that Studio 397 be running direct drive systems also and they just updated the game so why not Controllers like everyone else lol.

Just set up your controller normally instead of using a dubious preset.

I know Marcel & some of the S397 staff read these boards from time to time, so I'll ask can they (or anyone else for that matter) tell us what method of LiDAR was used for the "laserscanned?" I work in LiDAR & it's not a criticism or anything b/c it's all highly detailed but I was just curious to what level of point density. Aerial LiDAR generally gets 4-10 pts per square meter where mobile gets like 30+, e.g.

If it's hush-hush proprietary info I understand, I was just curious.

I have tried so hard with rF2, but honestly in comparison to everything else out there it feels totally like a very early "early access" title.

When it finally loads whatever it's loading (why the hell does it take so damned long - my relatively slow NVMe drive can still fill my 32GB RAM in around 16 seconds) you then find out that it's failed to recognise your wheel, so you quit back out, restart rF2, check that it's recognised everything, reload the track and this time the pedals aren't working, or somehow they've been inverted. So quit back out, recheck everything again, and this you might be lucky.

Honestly, half an hour of pissing around just to get rF2 to work just shows that the development team aren't really programmers. Sure the physics are great once you've got it running, but they really need some people there that understand coding and not just the maths and physics.

J
I have tried so hard with rF2, but honestly in comparison to everything else out there it feels totally like a very early "early access" title.

When it finally loads whatever it's loading (why the hell does it take so damned long - my relatively slow NVMe drive can still fill my 32GB RAM in around 16 seconds) you then find out that it's failed to recognise your wheel, so you quit back out, restart rF2, check that it's recognised everything, reload the track and this time the pedals aren't working, or somehow they've been inverted. So quit back out, recheck everything again, and this you might be lucky.

Honestly, half an hour of pissing around just to get rF2 to work just shows that the development team aren't really programmers. Sure the physics are great once you've got it running, but they really need some people there that understand coding and not just the maths and physics.
I have never had this happen to me in several hundred launchings.
Only problem is first setup of a new wheel as it can take few restarts until it gets recognized.
Probably something on your end.

J
Only problem is first setup of a new wheel as it can take few restarts until it gets recognized.

Possibly, but probably not - I've got 2 different similar spec systems (i9900K, 2080 ti, 32GB RAM) both with minimal systems for gaming, and it misbehaves on both. Yes, I can get it working, but I simply don't want to waste 20 - 30 mins every time I want to get some driving done. Especially when AC, ACC, R3E, PC2, AMS, AMS2, all the F1s, and the Dirt Rallys all fire up, load and run without any faffing around or ridiculously long loading times.

Possibly, but probably not - I've got 2 different similar spec systems (i9900K, 2080 ti, 32GB RAM) both with minimal systems for gaming, and it misbehaves on both. Yes, I can get it working, but I simply don't want to waste 20 - 30 mins every time I want to get some driving done. Especially when AC, ACC, R3E, PC2, AMS, AMS2, all the F1s, and the Dirt Rallys all fire up, load and run without any faffing around or ridiculously long loading times.
I don’t know if it’s because I am getting older or getting less patient,
But all these other games seem to load really fast, but this is ridiculous I hope they improve it and the loading screens which look like there from 1987,
Fall to sleep watching that bar move. :D

I hope, they will further extend on their optimization process, to make the Schleife better in Frametiming and fluidity. Performance gains on this track are always welcome!

With proper documentation and polish, this question could be answered without the "probably" and even sometimes proven to be wrong. It would help users and developers.

You have to operate rF2 by checklist anyway, if you want to save time, setting up a race weekend, with specialties, multiclass, etc. correctly, without restarting and waiting, because you forgot something.

J

It´s happened to me a few times when, after wating 10 minutes or so for the game (not a race; the game) to load I decide to have a quick race on AC. If RF2 finally loads while I´m still driving it won´t recognize the wheel like a gf who just found me cheating with another girl, then I´ll have to restart RF2 and wait another 30 minutes for the game to load again smh

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%