rFactor 2: New 'GT3 Power Pack' Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC - adding the latest shader technology to the cars alongside other fixes.

As part of the continual update to include the new shader technology into existing content within rFactor 2, Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC for the simulation, adding new liveries, templates and shader improvements to all five of the officially licenced GT3 cars that released back in October 2017.

Bentley Continental GT3 v2.39
  • Updated to new materials
  • Updated liveries
  • Added template fully set up for the new material editor
  • Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (bumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 659S GT3 v2.29
  • Updated liveries

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

A note to painters. This new material update appears to have some of the same issues as the updates for the Challengers Pak. Notably, you can paint a car and use it as your ride, but you cannot add new skins to the AI yet. Something that S397 has noted via discord they are investigating.

Once I forced myself to get used to the UI design and HUD, I'm starting to like rF2 more than AC, despite the lack of quality mod tracks when compared to AC. Developers should keep on improving this gem, driving and FFB feels way more satisfying, and AI is surprisingly reasonable on 100%.
I prefer rF2 with paid GT3 cars over what ACC is shaping up to be atm.

I feel the same, I just bought rFactor 2, the UI feels a bit unusual :) but today I went back to Raceroom and AC, was the ffb always so boring in those sims, so lifeless, so uninformative. This was the first thing I noticed when I drove the first few labs at Sebring, the ffb is different compared to all other sims. I don't understand the lack of content, tracks, UI, the graphics can look so much better compared to AC, Raceroom and iRacing. I hope the best for rFactor

Funny when I said that 6 years ago you got jumped on
Yes Studio397 have done much but nothing for Historics

6 YEARS THEY ALWAYS FELT THAT GOOD THE FFB WAS ALWAYS THAT GOOD ! :rolleyes:

Still can't see updates do you have to uninstall the other versions ?
This multi packages for the same car is ridiculous

If you are struggling to see the update - try unsubscribing and re subscribing in the DLC inventory. Should do the trick :)

Just go to "My Profile" section on Steam and on the right hand side your inventory should be shown under Badges and Games. Find the cars from the rF2 section and unsub and then re sub to each one in turn.

A bit of an awkward thing to have to do, but hey, nothing of any great worth comes without a challenge :D

Sometimes you have to go an unsubscribe and resubscribe to the cars in your Steam Inventory for hte update to kick off.

I find the rF2 DLC system very frustrating...

Ninja'd by Paul...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing