rFactor 2: New 'GT3 Power Pack' Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC - adding the latest shader technology to the cars alongside other fixes.

As part of the continual update to include the new shader technology into existing content within rFactor 2, Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC for the simulation, adding new liveries, templates and shader improvements to all five of the officially licenced GT3 cars that released back in October 2017.

Bentley Continental GT3 v2.39
  • Updated to new materials
  • Updated liveries
  • Added template fully set up for the new material editor
  • Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (bumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 659S GT3 v2.29
  • Updated liveries

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Make sure your rF2 game is not running before you deselect all your GT3 dlc content then shut down Steam and restart Steam. Now go back to your "Inventory and "Subscribe" to all your GT3 dlc content. Now start up your rF2 and it should now download all your GT3 dlc content.

Last edited:
no it didnt work! i start steam i unsubscibe all the cars i have problem, i exit steam i start it again. i start the game and it autosubscribe the cars! it download them by itself! but i got the error again!

Are you running a beta version? All the new DLC require the latest dx11 based version of rF2. two steam items to check: at the Steam page, click on rFactor2 near the upper left. A drop down menu should appear and at the bottom is properties(this is also where you can make sure you are not using a beta) after properties several tabs should appear, click on the Local Files tab and choose the Verify integrity. Then do a search for the cbash and shaders folders and delete everything inside each of those. Leave the folders empty.
Christopher posted a little batch file that clears those folders, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread now over at S397

i did all this but nothing works! i change in userdata Launcher file to not autosubscribe but i get error too. my last pick was to unsubscribe ALL, and i did. i only install main game with dlcs and now dlcs works (update 100%). i now subscribe other stuf from workshop and try one by one till i find any conflicts!

New build available now.

Steam Build IDs client: 3561933 dedi: 3561935 Note: It is recommended that server Admins update all dedicated servers. - Fixed: Sporadic corrupt textures after track load. - Fixed: AI cars and replays now show custom liveries. - Added: Button assignments for mouse controls (right/left/up/down) and mouse left click. Controls can be assigned to any button on a keyboard, button box, D-pad or other.

I just ran a mixed field test and all the older skins for the GT3 cars that were made PRIOR to the update, still work. I had the latest GT3 skins from the Challenger pack, 3rd party skins for the GT3 Power pack and the original Mclaren Shadow and stock skins also for the power pak. All were displayed properly. The only ones not yet displaying are the 3rd party skins for AI cars on the Challenger pak cars. So the old skins will work, they may look a little less bright than the newer skins.
Thanks for testing davehenrie. I'm still not seeing any of my previously installed skins. I'm not even referring to just the AI using them, they are not available for me to select for myself to drive. For example, I have three 3rd party skins in my rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Callaway_Corvette_GT3_2017 folder. The three folders for the skins are called "John Lawrence 27", "Lucas Dempsey 20", and "Milton Diehl 06", and there are also three .rcd files in the folder: 0_20.rcd, 2_06.rcd, and 3_27.rcd. When I originally added these skins, months ago, I just unzipped these into the Callaway_Corvette_GT3_2017 folder and went into RF2, and in the Callaway Corvette car selection menu they were listed beneath all the stock skins. Not in the tuning screen after selecting one, but the "main list" of all the cars/teams available for that model. Now the only ones in the list I can select are the stock S397 ones, none of the 3rd party ones are in the list. Same for all the other ones I had for other cars in the GT3 "power pack". My 3rd party skin folders/files are still present in the car folders in UserData\player\Settings\(Car), but none of them are available in the lists under those cars in the car selection screen.

Wow, Steam really needs to fix this PITA! :mad:
Geez, fortunately I don't have to pay for GBs transferred yet, but I think that is coming and this one little operation is causing a 2.1 GB re-download of stuff I already had that I now have to wait for! :mad:
That's one more reason to move to Unreal - get away from the Steam Workshop!

Those two things are completely separated, you know that, right?

LOL you could say that.:)

But I'll go with not anymore, not since Epic Games opened their own store 2+ months ago. At the time I heard they're charging developers less overhead fees than Valve (which charges, or charged, the same 30% fee that Apple does). Surely Valve was quite, well...heated up about it. ;) <-- I did NOT drop that horrible pun!! :roflmao::roflmao:

https://www.techsupportalert.com/co...et-free-game-every-two-weeks-through-2019.htm

It may very well be that Epic does a worse job of distributing software than Valve, but possibly the competition will still cause Valve to up their game. Now if I could just up my racing....:cry:

Unless the licensing of Unreal Engine now includes mandatory use of the Epic Store, which I don't think it does (they just offer better rates for developers of UE games than Steam currently does), those two things are still completely separate. Also, I don't think the Epic Store has any functionality similar to Steam Workshop, not currently at least, and even if it does in the future, I'd say getting people to actually use it will be even more difficult than keeping their own store alive and well.

Go to your Steam games "Library" and place your cursor over "Your Name" which will bring up a drop down menu then click on "Inventory." Now choose one of your GT3 cars and if you don't see it then be sure the rFactor tab is selected and not the Steam tab. Once you choose your GT3 car you then click on "View Workshop Item" and here is where you do your "Subscribe and Unsubscribe" as mentioned. Do this method for each one of your GT3 cars where you're experiencing this issue!

NOTE: Make sure your rF2 game is not running before you deselect all your GT3 dlc content then shut down Steam and restart Steam. Now go back to your "Inventory and "Subscribe" to all your GT3 dlc content. Now start up your rF2 and it should now download all your GT3 dlc content.

Tried it but no fix (i have this issue only on Radical)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back