rFactor 2: New 'GT3 Power Pack' Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC - adding the latest shader technology to the cars alongside other fixes.

As part of the continual update to include the new shader technology into existing content within rFactor 2, Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC for the simulation, adding new liveries, templates and shader improvements to all five of the officially licenced GT3 cars that released back in October 2017.

Bentley Continental GT3 v2.39
  • Updated to new materials
  • Updated liveries
  • Added template fully set up for the new material editor
  • Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (bumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 659S GT3 v2.29
  • Updated liveries

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Maybe I missed an explanation of this - but after I unsubscribed/resubscribed to these cars (update didn't happen automatically - first time that's not worked for me), I went into RF2 and they are updated but all of the previous 3rd party skins I had downloaded for them are not showing in the car selection menu. I checked the folders in the RF2/Usersdata/player/settings folders for the cars, and the 3rd party skin files/folders are there. I tried deleting and re-adding, but they still aren't showing up in the car selection menu.

Is this update supposed to make all previous skins not made with the new material system unusable? That would really suck - I had a bunch I really liked, and there's no guarantee the original authors will remake them.

there is an issue with all 3rd party skins for AI. You can go to the tuning menu and load up a skin that you want to drive, but the rest of the AI cars will only have the original skins. Something S397 is aware of, but I don't know of any solutions as of yet.

there is an issue with all 3rd party skins for AI. You can go to the tuning menu and load up a skin that you want to drive, but the rest of the AI cars will only have the original skins. Something S397 is aware of, but I don't know of any solutions as of yet.

There is none. On the rf2 discord they told me a fix will be coming soon. Hopefully that means within the next week or so.

Is this update supposed to make all previous skins not made with the new material system unusable? That would really suck - I had a bunch I really liked, and there's no guarantee the original authors will remake them.
I just ran a mixed field test and all the older skins for the GT3 cars that were made PRIOR to the update, still work. I had the latest GT3 skins from the Challenger pack, 3rd party skins for the GT3 Power pack and the original Mclaren Shadow and stock skins also for the power pak. All were displayed properly. The only ones not yet displaying are the 3rd party skins for AI cars on the Challenger pak cars. So the old skins will work, they may look a little less bright than the newer skins.

A good thing with my GT3 Skin Pack Addon is that the AI can race with all the 3rd party skins! I also want to make a GT3 Challenger Skin Pack Addon but so far only was able to collect about 9 skins.

I already put together for personal use a GTE Endurance Pack which has alot of skins and would have released it if it wasn't for one of the painters who put together a Skin Pack and was charging a donation fee and so i didn't want to interfere with his income by releasing my free pack. I no longer see his Skin Pack available here at RD so been considering to share it.

Last edited:
A good thing with my GT3 Skin Pack Addon is that the AI can race with all the 3rd party skins! I also want to make a GT3 Challenger Skin Pack Addon but so far only was able to collect about 9 skins.

I already put together for personal use a GTE Endurance Pack which has alot of skins and would have released it if it wasn't for one of the painters who put together a Skin Pack and was charging a donation fee and so i didn't want to interfere with his income by releasing my free pack. I no longer see his Skin Pack available here at RD so been considering to share it.
There was a bit of controversy with him selling the skins.

There was no charge for his first initial GTE Endurance Skin Pack release but when S397 released a update it broke his Skin Pack and so he added additional skins with the update fix then stated that if you made a donation you would then receive his new updated Skin Pack.

Last edited:
hey i have a problem with the update. i get an error requires unknown base to be installed. i unistall rf2 i delete everything but nothing. the error is in all gt3 dlc cars. what should i do?
Go to your Steam games "Library" and place your cursor over "Your Name" which will bring up a drop down menu then click on "Inventory." Now choose one of your GT3 cars and if you don't see it then be sure the rFactor tab is selected and not the Steam tab. Once you choose your GT3 car you then click on "View Workshop Item" and here is where you do your "Subscribe and Unsubscribe" as mentioned. Do this method for each one of your GT3 cars where you're experiencing this issue!

NOTE: Make sure your rF2 game is not running before you deselect all your GT3 dlc content then shut down Steam and restart Steam. Now go back to your "Inventory and "Subscribe" to all your GT3 dlc content. Now start up your rF2 and it should now download all your GT3 dlc content.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back