rFactor 2: New 'GT3 Power Pack' Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC - adding the latest shader technology to the cars alongside other fixes.

As part of the continual update to include the new shader technology into existing content within rFactor 2, Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC for the simulation, adding new liveries, templates and shader improvements to all five of the officially licenced GT3 cars that released back in October 2017.

Bentley Continental GT3 v2.39
  • Updated to new materials
  • Updated liveries
  • Added template fully set up for the new material editor
  • Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (bumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 659S GT3 v2.29
  • Updated liveries

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

If you are struggling to see the update - try unsubscribing and re subscribing in the DLC inventory. Should do the trick :)

Just go to "My Profile" section on Steam and on the right hand side your inventory should be shown under Badges and Games. Find the cars from the rF2 section and unsub and then re sub to each one in turn.

A bit of an awkward thing to have to do, but hey, nothing of any great worth comes without a challenge :D
Can't find anything to unsubscribe from GT3 Pack...

why not show more pictures if its a graphical update?
just that shitty amg model...

TBH, I don't see much of a difference if any with the update. Maybe I need to do some serious pixel peeping:p, but if there was supposed to be an upgrade, it is subtle.

Anyway, here are a few. These are my in-game settings, I don't have the shadows and shadows blur set to the highest and so there are some artifacts in the shadow areas, more visible in stills than in motion.
rf2_mcl_ares.jpg
rf2_mcla_res.jpg
rf2_mclb_res.jpg
rF2_rada_res.jpg
rF2_radc_res.jpg
rf2_radd_res.jpg

great update that deserves all my waiting time , now if they dont need to rest after that, they could focus on some minor aspects like UI and multiplayer? Only if they can...if not i can continue waiing some years ... hahaha

But in the while i have ready another 12 euros in my wallet in case they want to deliver other car....

Any updates to this title is most welcomed. Thanks S397!

*I've enjoyed RF2 for at least 3 years now, and it keeps getting better (a lot of money spent in the last year on DLC content though, so I would expect this) That said, I hope they are done with GT3 now, because I'm more than impressed with ACC....ACC has become the new benchmark for GT3 racing imo. AMS, AC, and RF2 take care of the rest. (so far);)

The updates are currently limited to the two GT3 carpaks. And only exterior materials have been updated.
The best way to view the improvements is to view a car in very close camera views.
Here is an image from Juanchiooo from the official S397 forums. Notice the meltal-flake sparkle of the blue above the rear wheel well. Eventually the cockpits and hopefully even the tracks will benefits from the technology that is just now being incorporated into rF2.
index.php

The difference is in the lighting and reflections of materials:

Old:
View attachment 291568

New:
View attachment 291569
Thanks, difference is easily noticeable. I thought significant difference would be when looking close up. Still the improvements are not that big as I expected after looking at some pre-release screenshots.

Anyway, anyone knows which display setting(s) influence the new shaders? Environment reflections? Player/Opponent details?

He complained about the UI, the HUD and the lack of quality tracks. Then he commented on the AI. Then he suggested the devs should keep improving the game (sounds familiar). Then he compared rf2 to ACC. All of this has nothing to do with the DLC, that was the topic of the thread. But he did say he likes rf2 more than ACC. That is the single reason the mob didn't descend on him. As long as you shill you can go as far off topic as you like. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and that's all I have to say on the topic.
Why so salty? Enjoy life instead and do the things that make you happy. My pro tip to you, as a friend.

the thing that is gettig me a bit frustrated about rf2 and its using the dx11 (and i consider it the best sim at the same level than AMS) ... one of few things is that....the car graphics looks great but please dont look so far of your car cuz the tracks usually looks like some dx7 tech... take a look on the picture of davehenrie and tell me about :D

the thing that is gettig me a bit frustrated about rf2 and its using the dx11 (and i consider it the best sim at the same level than AMS) ... one of few things is that....the car graphics looks great but please dont look so far of your car cuz the tracks usually looks like some dx7 tech... take a look on the picture of davehenrie and tell me about :D

Yeah, some tracks can indeed look awful, while others are pretty good. There is no consistency since some old rF conversions badly need updating. That is up to the mod creators however, whether they want to invest their time into polishing older content. AMS is very consistent in the look :thumbsup:

Yeah, some tracks can indeed look awful, while others are pretty good. There is no consistency since some old rF conversions badly need updating. That is up to the mod creators however, whether they want to invest their time into polishing older content. AMS is very consistent in the look :thumbsup:
Even some ISI tracks look like from 15 years old game. Especially road surface. For me even AMS has similar or even better better looking tracks on average, and it’s based on rF1 engine.
RF2 can look decent, but still nowhere near ACC. But never was it’s priority.

Last edited:
Understand that SOME official S397 tracks will receive the graphic changes(sorry I can never seem to remember the 3 letters they use) But that is down the road. Best guess would be the Nurburgring DLC.
and then Sebring. They have shared their tools with car painters so there is no reason not to assume they will also work with track builders. However, tracks, at least to my untrained eye, are much larger projects than painting skins. I don't know if 3rd party track builders will have the time and/or energy to retro-fit previous projects. It may be we rarely see old tracks upgraded, but we should see new projects take advantage of the new materials.
Most of this post is assumption and downright guessing. I do know they plan to address the interior of cars and expand the materials at least to the DLC portion of the S397 inventory so any graphic attack at tracks may be well down the priority list.

Get it now, it's 50% off and totally worth it the full price:
https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/

I personally prefer Challengers pack. It has 911, McLaren 720 and R8, those are my top cars.
Mercedes is too understeery, Bentley has steering wheel on the wrong side, and Corvette is in both packs.
911 IS THE BEST.
One small correction - the Corvette is not in both GT3 packs. It's only in the "GT3 Power Pack". You may be thinking of the GTE Corvette C7.R, which is a different car and part of the Endurance Pack.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%