rFactor 2: New 'GT3 Power Pack' Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 GT3 Power Pack DLC.jpg

Studio 397 have released a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC - adding the latest shader technology to the cars alongside other fixes.

As part of the continual update to include the new shader technology into existing content within rFactor 2, Studio 397 have deployed a new update to the GT3 Power Pack DLC for the simulation, adding new liveries, templates and shader improvements to all five of the officially licenced GT3 cars that released back in October 2017.

Bentley Continental GT3 v2.39
  • Updated to new materials
  • Updated liveries
  • Added template fully set up for the new material editor
  • Added extra parts templates (WCEXTRA07, windows)
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (bumper)
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts templates (WINDSHIELDOUT, WINDSHIELDIN)
Radical RXC Turbo GT3 v2.37
  • Updated liveries
  • Added extra parts template (sunstrip)
McLaren 659S GT3 v2.29
  • Updated liveries

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

If you are struggling to see the update - try unsubscribing and re subscribing in the DLC inventory. Should do the trick :)

Just go to "My Profile" section on Steam and on the right hand side your inventory should be shown under Badges and Games. Find the cars from the rF2 section and unsub and then re sub to each one in turn.

A bit of an awkward thing to have to do, but hey, nothing of any great worth comes without a challenge :D

Thanks Paul. Seems I will have to do each one individually, Radial GTX updated correctly using this method.

Edit: All upgraded now (using Individual unsubscribe, re subscribe method, as above). I will test them later. Such fun ;):p

Last edited:
It's basically all governed by Steam, sometimes shutting Steam down and restarting is enough to trigger an update.

Thanks but I well know that, never had a issue before
I just de-activated all GT3 mods, then I uninstalled all versions of GT3 pack cars
started steam again and it reinstalled all GT3 pack cars but not this latest version

lol missing something huge if everyone else here has them

I person agreed with me and another said he can't update by single car he brought

so that is 3 people saying same thing ...still waiting for a screen of those versions installed

A note to painters. This new material update appears to have some of the same issues as the updates for the Challengers Pak. Notably, you can paint a car and use it as your ride, but you cannot add new skins to the AI yet. Something that S397 has noted via discord they are investigating.

Damn that is not what I wanted to hear. Wish they would have fixed that before expanding

Once I forced myself to get used to the UI design and HUD, I'm starting to like rF2 more than AC, despite the lack of quality mod tracks when compared to AC. Developers should keep on improving this gem, driving and FFB feels way more satisfying, and AI is surprisingly reasonable on 100%.
I prefer rF2 with paid GT3 cars over what ACC is shaping up to be atm.

Hmm, no one complained about your off-topic post. I wonder why.

I feel the same, I just bought rFactor 2, the UI feels a bit unusual :) but today I went back to Raceroom and AC, was the ffb always so boring in those sims, so lifeless, so uninformative.... the graphics can look so much better compared to AC ...I hope the best for rFactor
Seeing how much RF2 has improved since S397 took over is really great. Hoping the new UI will make things better still when it arrives. I found on my rig that AC still looks a bit better IMO than RF2 (VR) especially with the shaders patch and the SOL mod. I also found that RF2 is more resource intensive than AC, but that being said, RF2 has greatly improved and the FFB is better than anything I've tried so far. RF2 is becoming my sim of choice which is something I did not see coming :-D .

Last edited:
If you are struggling to see the update - try unsubscribing and re subscribing in the DLC inventory. Should do the trick :)

Just go to "My Profile" section on Steam and on the right hand side your inventory should be shown under Badges and Games. Find the cars from the rF2 section and unsub and then re sub to each one in turn.

A bit of an awkward thing to have to do, but hey, nothing of any great worth comes without a challenge :D
Thanks a lot, it works for me.;)

Get it now, it's 50% off and totally worth it the full price:
https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/

I personally prefer Challengers pack. It has 911, McLaren 720 and R8, those are my top cars.
Mercedes is too understeery, Bentley has steering wheel on the wrong side, and Corvette is in both packs.
911 IS THE BEST.

P2ExaV.gif

I never got into rF2 so far, due to a lack of interesting content and bad VR optimization before i made a longer break in sim racing lately (still followed the news though).
Yesterday i bought the Challengers pack and tried the Aston and the Porsche for roughly half an hour..ooh boy:confused::confused: never ever did i think that a car can feel that great on my T300. I thought ACC has great FFB, but this mops the floor with it. In addition the performance was great in VR out of the box, even with 23 AI (looked way better then ACC as well).
After 5 minutes and 2 laps around Watkins Glen, i felt comfortable enough to start a race against AI (LOL, in other sims like AC or PCars2 this takes half an hour). Incredibely how confident i feel driving these cars from the get-go, the FFB tells so much that you can almost drive "what you see", even without knowing every corner. I am astonished.
AI was also great, never did i see them blocking the inside line before, not even in R3E (my favourite AI so far).
I get the "fanboyism" about this game now, there is a diamond in the making..

Hmm, no one complained about your off-topic post. I wonder why.
He wasnt complaining to someone that has nothing to do with the post. You complained about rF2 not looking the way you want it to look on a post about an updated mod. If it was a S397 post about the sim and you complained about graphics then i at least wouldnt have reacted because we all have our opinions. It just looked out of place to complain about the graphics of the engine on a post about an updated mod. Thats all.

At the Steam page, roll your mouse over your name at the top. Choose inventory. Then you can view your purchased inventory. It will display screenshots of each car/track that you have purchsed. Then you click on each car, ONE AT A TIME, go to it's steam workshop page and unsubscribe. Exit steam. Reload Steam and then Steam should start re-subsribing to the cars. If not, reverse the above procedure, go to each car individually and subscribe.

He wasnt complaining to someone that has nothing to do with the post. You complained about rF2 not looking the way you want it to look on a post about an updated mod. If it was a S397 post about the sim and you complained about graphics then i at least wouldnt have reacted because we all have our opinions. It just looked out of place to complain about the graphics of the engine on a post about an updated mod. Thats all.
He complained about the UI, the HUD and the lack of quality tracks. Then he commented on the AI. Then he suggested the devs should keep improving the game (sounds familiar). Then he compared rf2 to ACC. All of this has nothing to do with the DLC, that was the topic of the thread. But he did say he likes rf2 more than ACC. That is the single reason the mob didn't descend on him. As long as you shill you can go as far off topic as you like. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy and that's all I have to say on the topic.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.2%