rFactor 2 new Fallston Motor Speedway previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Fallston Speedway.png

The Image Space Incorporated Track Team have been teasing images again, this time showcasing the 3PA Fallston Motor Speedway oval circuit.

The Third Party Affiliate programme is designed to bring additional unlisenced content to ISI's rFactor 2 racing simulator. Developed by high performing modding teams with support from ISI, 3PA released content is officially supported additional content that will be added to the base rFactor 2 installation.

ISI have been heavily focused on the American Oval scene in recent months, the Fallston previews indicate no planned deviation from this route is on the cards in the coming weeks. Although the Matsusaka road course release broke the trend recently, it seems rFactor 2 users can still expect to find more oval focused content heading to the sim in the immediate future.

The new previews don't come with much additional information, however if recent 3PA tracks are any judge of quality, players of rFactor 2 can expect another very highly polished and enjoyable release downloading into their install very shortly.

rFactor 2 Fallston Speedway 2.png

Following on from the previous tease back in early June, Fallston looks like it will be a fine addition to the rapidly growing number of American oval circuits in game. Looking somewhat like the epic Bristol Motor Speedway, Fallston could well be a big hit with NASCAR fans on its release.

Don't forget we have a comprehensive mods section right here at RaceDepartment for you to enjoy. Take a look round and see if you can find something to try in ISI's premium racing simulation. If mods aren't your thing, have a look at some of our news and discussion items in the rFactor 2 forum or even better, test your skills against some fellow sim racers in our rFactor 2 Racing Club!

rFactor 2 Fallston Speedway 3.png

rFactor 2 Fallston Speedway 4.png

Do you enjoy the oval content in rF2? Looking forward to Bris... Fallston? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Mmm I'm not really a massive oval fan myself, however the (very few) oval races I've done have been epic so I suppose it's something I really need to dedicate more time towards in the coming weeks and months. I'm still excited to see more oval related content coming, but yes, it would be nice if the road course side of things picked up too (and get that Daytona Prototype released :D)

Damn, i'll go the same ... another oval ! Meh -_- ... rF2 is becoming fully American ??
Guys, you are pushing out the european players ! I know oval is very technical to drive and it's of course a noble class !! But seriously, after all these ovals, isn't there other contents that could be cool ! Or others updated (graphics, collisions, rain that doesn't come in the car, lighting system, modern european tracks... and a thousand of little things that would be crazy :) ) ! Anyway, still the best sim out there !!

rF2 is becoming fully American ??
ISI (rF2) is an American company. ;)

The 3PA project has started +/- a year ago. For 3PA modders it takes +/- a year to create a track. Ovals are a bit more easy to do because there is no outer terrain to worry about. So they are done more quickly. It might explain the Oval hype at the moment.

I hope the 3PA project have more Suzuka, Bathurst kind of WIP's ...

If this is a Bristol clone, I'm all for it. Bristol is my favorite NASCAR track, a lot more action than the super speedways.
As for the focus on ovals lately... what's the purpose of releasing a SPA, or Brands Hatch, or Monza (just examples) when every other sim currently and over the past 20 years have modeled those. I race the "sim" the fits my mood at the time, I don't need one sim that attempts to be everything to everyone. But that's just my $.02.

If this is a Bristol clone, I'm all for it. Bristol is my favorite NASCAR track, a lot more action than the super speedways.
As for the focus on ovals lately... what's the purpose of releasing a SPA, or Brands Hatch, or Monza (just examples) when every other sim currently and over the past 20 years have modeled those. I race the "sim" the fits my mood at the time, I don't need one sim that attempts to be everything to everyone. But that's just my $.02.

Because I prefer racing in rFactor over other sim.

There's a lot of fun to be found on the Roval courses though, and to be very very fair...

... The vast, vast majority of race tracks for race sims have been road courses. It really is about time that the ovals get some love. If Automobilista can give us racetracks in the Brazilian interior nobody has ever heard off, surely we can spend some love on racetracks any American can mention from the top of their head.

Outside of iRacing, no other modern sim is including ovals, so rF2 is unique in this regard. I applaud the 3PA efforts in producing quality reproductions of representative ovals.

Now, about Nascars deserving the entire track collection... no, no more so than any other series represented in rF2 deserving their entire track collection.

• Deleted member 130869

This is being made by Jarkko Kaupi, isn't it? Looks clean like his South Shore and Brookdale, and should be very solidly built but ... unless this layout is truly aiming for accuracy, the iRacing people won't bat an eye.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%