rFactor 2 | Nürburgring Nordschleife PBR Update, GT3 AI BOP And New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 released an array of new updates to rFactor 2 yesterday, with considerable improvements having been brought to the Nürburgring Nordschleife among other changes.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife PBR Update.
  • GT3 AI Balance of Performance.
  • New Build Release.
Busy times for rFactor 2 fans! New build updates to the core simulation, the epic Nürburgring Nordschleife and Grand Prix Circuit and GT3 AI BOP changes were all released to the simulation yesterday.

nurburgring_2020_october_screen_01.jpg

The new build.

Latest Build Update Notes:
  • Fixed some cars showing all white in the showroom
  • Fixed cars showing in the list that shouldn't be there at server join
  • Fixed chrome material not working in the showroom
  • Fixed an issue that could cause a client to load an old version of a track when joining at server join
NEW UI Only
  • Added real descriptions for cars and tracks in the content selection list
nurburgring_2020_october_screen_08.jpg

The Nürburgring update.

Nürburgring Nordschleife Update Notes:
  • Comprehensive & Extensive PBR Update to the entire Circuit
  • New Textures for Roads & Terrain
  • New Features on Roads such as dust and improved real road dynamics
  • Reworked outer terrain materials
  • Reviewed trees and treeline objects, materials and placement
  • All new crowds
  • Reviewed night-lighting
  • Further optimisation pass
  • Added "Grand Prix No Chicane" Layout
  • Added Support for up to 90 vehicles on Nords layouts using GP pits.
  • Added New Support Vehicles
  • Various General Fixes
  • Extended white line on layouts using the GP pit exit so cars can merge safely further down
  • Moved tire barriers in that slightly blocked pit entry transition on 24H layout
nurburgring_2020_october_screen_07.jpg

The GT3 AI BOP Update

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019 v1.77
  • AI: More forward downforce
Audi R8LMS GT3 2019 v1.51
  • AI: Added slightly more grip
Bentley Continental GT3 2020 v1.11
  • Adjustments to aerodynamics to reduce excessive front lift.
  • Fine tuned to ride height sensitivity.
  • Fixed cams
  • Updated brake disc materials
  • Adjusted cokcpit AO
  • Fixed shadow in showroom
  • AI: Added grip, especially front end
Callaway Corvette GT3 2017 v2.91
  • Fixed wet tires starting temp
  • Adjusted collision mesh
  • Adjusted lower LODs (removed endurance light covers)
Ferrari 488 GT3 2020 v1.29
  • Fixed onboard cam clipping the curbs
  • Adjusted bonnet cam
  • Fixed clipping TV cams
  • Adjusted rev lights on the rev limiter
Ferrari 488 GTE 2020 v1.83
  • Fixed onboard cam clipping the curbs
  • Adjusted bonnet cam
  • Fixed clipping TV cams
  • Adjusted rev lights on the rev limiter
  • AI: Slightly improved pace
McLaren 650S GT3 2017 v2.77
  • AI: Reduced understeer
Mercedes AMG GT3 2017 v2.87
  • AI: Reduced spinning in certain situations
  • AI: Reduced understeer
  • Adjusted collsion mesh
Porsche 911 GT3 R v1.69
  • Added speedo to dash
Radical RXC GT3 2017 v2.77
  • AI: Slightly slowed down

Original Source: Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? Head over to the RaceDepartment rF2 sub forum and open up a new thread today - let our epic community be your guide!

nurburgring_2020_october_screen_09.jpg

nurburgring_2020_october_screen_04.jpg

Last edited:
To be honest, as an IRL Nordschleife amateur racer, I never quite liked the rFactor version of the track. Sure, track mesh is phenomenal and the most up to date version we currently have, but the pros stop there. I can't put my finger on it; but somehow I never really feel like driving the Nordschleife. The vegatation, while fairly detailed, is not very accurate, the trackside details feel strange, some curbs are not accurate (why they removed those concrete curbs in Hatzenbach is beyond me, I ran over them last saturday lol, and the curb in Wippermann is nothing like that), and the overall lighting just doesn't feel right. Due to all those reasons, I actually prefer the versions of AC and R3E, even though their laserscan is not up to date any more, just because they feel a lot more like the real thing.

How about 70 or 80 mins and let’s bring in some pit stop strategy ;)

Have thought about it. Funnily enough 75 minutes is what I've been thinking of!

GT3 / GTE multiclass!? Not gonna survive more than 3 laps anyway so 50min will be enough.
Loading times are a bit insane though, even in SSD

Not any mulitclass. The track is so large that it makes more sense to have a single class.
I hope that one day we might push 40 drivers in every race, and we have more quality cars. I would love to do a VLN (NLS) style event with 2 classes, GT3 and something a bit slower :)

Dreams are free! :)

Have thought about it. Funnily enough 75 minutes is what I've been thinking of!

Not any mulitclass. The track is so large that it makes more sense to have a single class.
I hope that one day we might push 40 drivers in every race, and we have more quality cars. I would love to do a VLN (NLS) style event with 2 classes, GT3 and something a bit slower :)

Dreams are free! :)
RD Nordschleife Club? :D

Performance is not the same, but it sure looks a lot better...

It runs really horrible. I cant even get it over 40 fps on Nords when Sebring runs on 80 fps.

Nords in rf2 is the worst purchase I ever bought in rf2, it ran terribly to the point I rarely use it.

Found the issue: It seemed like mod cars should not be added on this track. Took the BTCC NGTC mod out of the grid, managed to get 30 to 60fps on Endurance layout now. They do need to optimise on the track more though.

Last edited:
It runs really horrible. I cant even get it over 40 fps on Nords when Sebring runs on 80 fps.

Nords in rf2 is the worst purchase I ever bought in rf2, it ran terribly to the point I rarely use it.

Found the issue: It seemed like mod cars should not be added on this track. Took the BTCC NGTC mod out of the grid, managed to get 30 to 60fps on Endurance layout now. They do need to optimise on the track more though.

Great update, the opposite happens to me before this update my fps were from 25 to 50 in the GP and the nordschleife and after the update they work the same as in le mans or sebring between 80 and 120 fps

Seriously????

Some of these GT3's have been out for 2-3 years and you continue with your endless updates?
I'm tired of having to mess with talent files every time you decide to make an update because 3 years later you still can't get things right and you're too lazy to add talent files yourselves.
Ridiculous that 3 years later the AMG was a spinning mess.
Can you please be done with it already?

Nice update, better FPS. Initially I had some wierd textures, "whiteish" blotches on trees etc. the tip to clean out CBASH and SHADERS folders fixed it though, this should be a menu option in the new UI I'd suggest, it also fixed some issues on other tracks that I just assumed were normal.

Big thanks for pointing this out ! Yesterday I was launching track for the first time, it was awesome already, but a lot of stuff just didn't felt really right. I have used this tip too and the track became much better !

Shadows update and draw to close and need to be pushed out further. I don't run VR and everything on max, it's so unrealistic the amount of pop up! The trees, barriers all have that horrible shadow that draws just ahead along barriers and sharpening just in front of the car. Please can we have better splits or just a bigger shadow map. The new PBR update looks lovely and this is just ruining it, I don't want to take a screen shot that looks nice, just race and get that sense of immersion. Nords in the late afternoon, parts look like it's not in shade then as you get closer it gets darker!

I really don’t know what else to do for Nords. The performance is still terrible on that track compared to any track in the game.

I had:
Removed all mod cars
Deleted the CBASH and SHADER folders content.

Only the endurance layout of nords runs 20 fps when other tracks are at 130 fps. What they did to that track?

I really don’t know what else to do for Nords. The performance is still terrible on that track compared to any track in the game.

I had:
Removed all mod cars
Deleted the CBASH and SHADER folders content.

Only the endurance layout of nords runs 20 fps when other tracks are at 130 fps. What they did to that track?
I'm getting that too: since the update my Nordschleife 24Hr version is broken. 20-25 fps in VR without having changed any settings at all. Undriveable.
Everything else in rf2runs like it did before the update. With everything else I'm seeing a solid 79-80 fps in VR ( with a Rift S )
I have:
CBASH and SHADER folders content deleted (which I've NEVER had to do up until now btw. ) No change.
Installed the Nvidia drivers again just to be sure.
Shame really, it was my favorite track before they broke it. Don't you just love rF2 ? One step forwards, two steps back :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%