rFactor 2: More Historical Content Coming

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

rFactor 2: More Historical Content Coming

Image Space Incorporated released three new renders plus a lot of new information about upcoming historical content for their popular PC simulator.

The developers from Ann Harbor seem to have a crush on historical racing content (who doesn't?) as they are planning to enrich the simulator with even more classic vehicles besides the cars that are already available for current owner of rFactor 2 such as the classic open wheelers and legendary tracks from the 60's such as the challenging...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see ISI puts more effort in making the game better in overall performance then putting effort and money in special content.

Don't get me wrong. It's fun to drive these cars but rf2 still has lots of performance issues that needs to fix.
As pointed out elsewhere, there are different team members handling different parts of the game. It's not like they all work on the same area of development. If no new content is released, it's not going to speed up development of core features.

Recently just bought the lifetime package.. For me is was the logical thing to do.. invest in my sim racing future... The cars and tracks to suit all will be coming. For me its really starting to take shape..
love what it does so far, and with RD moving the endurance series over to this sim from rfactor 1, it can only get bigger and better:)

I'm personally really amazed by the amount of content they will release in the coming years and already released, and is already included in the price of the game, so no DLC's. The fact that ISI tries to make a car for almost every type of racing, karts, classics, indy, gt, rally, is just amazing. And with that they already have some new features introduced for simracing in general, I'm a very happy customer, I get a lot more than I could wish for :)

Rfactor 2 and Assetto Corsa will fulfill my racing needs for years to come. I think both of them have their own weaknesses and strengts so it make sense to own and enjoy both of them.

With rF2 Im really looking for Apex modding GT3 series mod and both WSGT2 and Enduracers series mod if they release them to rF2.

Why would you have been wanting to ask for a refund?
beacuse I am seriously disappointed by almost every aspect of the game. I ran it again yesterday and it is just such a letdown, it looks dreaful, it gives you little feedback and the AI is a joke, I couldn't get the chaps to do more than 1 lap at monaco 60s without causing havoc.
so all in all, probably the worst invested money ever in sim-racing :(

beacuse I am seriously disappointed by almost every aspect of the game. I ran it again yesterday and it is just such a letdown, it looks dreaful, it gives you little feedback and the AI is a joke, I couldn't get the chaps to do more than 1 lap at monaco 60s without causing havoc.
I have to say, ffb has been the best of any game I have ever played and real road feel is part of that. The graphics are not good compared to assetto corsa but on high settings its more than adequate and better than most games. Just look rfactor 2 silverstone at sunset and tell me that's not better than most sim games. However,I agree with you about the a.i. Still not right.i think a.c will be a better game for this. I believe rfactor2 has the best potential for online sim racing here at racedepartment..the upcoming league and endurance events...rather than just offline. Rfactor 2 has improved massively in the last few months and ISI said it was a beta since day one. For a lifetime deal and so many possibilities, I have to say that rfactor 2 is better value for money than other sims out there...or a heavy night out on the town!i hope you find some fun in it. Each to their own u guess :)

Rfactor 2 and Assetto Corsa will fulfill my racing needs for years to come. I think both of them have their own weaknesses and strengts so it make sense to own and enjoy both of them.

never a truer word said, totally agrre :)

AI in other clases is by far the best out there currently, 60s is a bit dodgy at Monaco & Spa but other tracks I have found them to be just fine. Some of my most memorable races have been against the AI and not from online pick races!!
FFB is also the best I've experienced and my wheel is fairly old now, leaps above what rF1 and iRacing for me.

Just to point out, the team that work on cars, and the team that work on tracks are separate from the team that work on the core software. The release of cars and tracks has no effect on the speed the core engine is being worked on. So keep 'em coming ISI.

As a sim it seems like it is a love it or hate kinda deal, Me? I love it, best FFB in class...mostly. Graphics are improving and will continue to improve over the life of the product...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back