rFactor 2 | Ligier JS P217 Announced For December Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have confirmed a third car will be heading to the simulation later this week, with the Dutch studio announcing the Ligier JS P217 will join the previous revealed Cadillac DPi and Corvette C8.R machines.
  • Ligier LMP 2 will be the third car of a three car pack.
  • Car pack set to release later this week.
  • Price and pack name yet to be revealed.

Yes, another new car has been revealed as set to be released for rFactor 2 later this week, with the Ligier JS P217 LMP2 machine set to form part of a three car DLC pack alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi-V.R and GTE specification Chevrolet Corvette C8.R that the studio showcased on social media over the last few days.

Cadillac Reveal: Click Here.
Corvette Reveal: Click Here.

The Ligier JSP 217 LMP2 is set to sit alongside the previously released Oreca 07 in the LMP 2 category of the simulation, joining together with both the upcoming DPi Cadillac and the GTE selection of cars (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and BMW) to form an ever-growing collection of multi-class racing vehicles within rFactor 2.

A release date and pack price for this new content has yet to be revealed by Studio 397, with more information expected to follow in the very near future.

Original Source: Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette 1.jpg

Cadillac 1.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant news! If we could get a half decent lmp1 now, it would all be sorted (but perhaps they are waiting for hypercar...)

I'd be happy if I could just get my mouse pointer to work in the new UI, I've given up trying to get them to fix all the the hundred year bugs. But I'm not one to bear a grudge, I'll be buying this DLC for sure, the Ligier looks stunning, and the Caddy too. Hopefully a bug- free release.
:)
I also have this bug from time to time that I didn't have before...I don't know why I have to get out of the race/training combo and come back for it to reappear.

Okay, it’s been several updates since I checked, so have some major bugs, the continuously worse AI with each update, the tire pressure and aero/swaybar exploits been fixed? No, just more DLC? Cool.

Joking aside though, these cars are awesome along with an official DPi for rF2. I’m curious to see how different the new Corvette will behave compared to the old.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing