rFactor 2 | Ligier JS P217 Announced For December Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have confirmed a third car will be heading to the simulation later this week, with the Dutch studio announcing the Ligier JS P217 will join the previous revealed Cadillac DPi and Corvette C8.R machines.
  • Ligier LMP 2 will be the third car of a three car pack.
  • Car pack set to release later this week.
  • Price and pack name yet to be revealed.

Yes, another new car has been revealed as set to be released for rFactor 2 later this week, with the Ligier JS P217 LMP2 machine set to form part of a three car DLC pack alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi-V.R and GTE specification Chevrolet Corvette C8.R that the studio showcased on social media over the last few days.

Cadillac Reveal: Click Here.
Corvette Reveal: Click Here.

The Ligier JSP 217 LMP2 is set to sit alongside the previously released Oreca 07 in the LMP 2 category of the simulation, joining together with both the upcoming DPi Cadillac and the GTE selection of cars (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and BMW) to form an ever-growing collection of multi-class racing vehicles within rFactor 2.

A release date and pack price for this new content has yet to be revealed by Studio 397, with more information expected to follow in the very near future.

Original Source: Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette 1.jpg

Cadillac 1.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone consistently play Rf2 in VR. It offers the worst VR experience of all the major sims IMO. Curious if others have been able to make it work for them.

I do not use RF2 a lot, but when I do it is in VR, with oculus tool set to get super sampling, RF2 performs well for me, not as good as AMS2 or PC2, but on par with most.
I would prefer to be able to go direct to Oculus without having to use steam VR, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I'd be happy if I could just get my mouse pointer to work in the new UI, I've given up trying to get them to fix all the the hundred year bugs. But I'm not one to bear a grudge, I'll be buying this DLC for sure, the Ligier looks stunning, and the Caddy too. Hopefully a bug- free release.
:)
I don't have VR mouse issues in rF2 but, I sure do in ACC, can't even start a session. I have found that the UI mouse behavior can be related to the resolution you set in rF2 though.

Does anyone consistently play Rf2 in VR. It offers the worst VR experience of all the major sims IMO. Curious if others have been able to make it work for them.
rF2 runs quite well in VR for me but, it does act up right after updating the GPU driver. FPS issues generally sort themselves out after a session or two.

I have content I have bought for rF2, which gets installed immediately after the base game is installed. Then I open the game, it goes back to the desktop downloading free content from the workshop, that I get auto-subscribed for for some reason. I don't want them, cancel the download, unsubscribe from all, start the game, goes back to desktop and starts adding the auto-subscribed content one by one again, going back to desktop every time I launch it because it wants to download something else. What's the ****** point of the workshop then, may I ask everybody? I am looking forward to the new Endurance Pack 2 so I reinstalled it again, but this is such... argghhh...

I have content I have bought for rF2, which gets installed immediately after the base game is installed. Then I open the game, it goes back to the desktop downloading free content from the workshop, that I get auto-subscribed for for some reason. I don't want them, cancel the download, unsubscribe from all, start the game, goes back to desktop and starts adding the auto-subscribed content one by one again, going back to desktop every time I launch it because it wants to download something else. What's the ****** point of the workshop then, may I ask everybody? I am looking forward to the new Endurance Pack 2 so I reinstalled it again, but this is such... argghhh...
All workshop content gets duplicated too, as it initially sits in your package folder as well as installed. But you cannot delete the package file or it gets redownloaded.

The sad thing about the Ligier vs Oreca, the Oreca aero is old school, air over the top of the car. The ligier copied principles from Audi and Toyota where the air flows thru the chassis rather than just over. But from day 1 til now, even with a Joker evolution, the Ligier has never been able to keep pace with the Oreca in WEC. They have had some sucess in Asia and ELMS events which suggests further bop adjustments not made by WEC or ACO.

I'm curious how the cockpits will look, that will be the main thing that will make my decision, if I manage to run rF2 at all with the new UI of course. If I still had my slow data-capped internet I would be so angry right now, instead of moderately angry... I will try to download everything it suggests and try to disable stuff I don't want in the UI if possible.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%