rFactor 2 | Ligier JS P217 Announced For December Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 developers Studio 397 have confirmed a third car will be heading to the simulation later this week, with the Dutch studio announcing the Ligier JS P217 will join the previous revealed Cadillac DPi and Corvette C8.R machines.
  • Ligier LMP 2 will be the third car of a three car pack.
  • Car pack set to release later this week.
  • Price and pack name yet to be revealed.

Yes, another new car has been revealed as set to be released for rFactor 2 later this week, with the Ligier JS P217 LMP2 machine set to form part of a three car DLC pack alongside the already announced Cadillac DPi-V.R and GTE specification Chevrolet Corvette C8.R that the studio showcased on social media over the last few days.

Cadillac Reveal: Click Here.
Corvette Reveal: Click Here.

The Ligier JSP 217 LMP2 is set to sit alongside the previously released Oreca 07 in the LMP 2 category of the simulation, joining together with both the upcoming DPi Cadillac and the GTE selection of cars (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin and BMW) to form an ever-growing collection of multi-class racing vehicles within rFactor 2.

A release date and pack price for this new content has yet to be revealed by Studio 397, with more information expected to follow in the very near future.

Original Source: Studio 397 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Our community have answers! Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great way to engage with your fellow fans of the simulation.

Corvette 1.jpg

Cadillac 1.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone consistently play Rf2 in VR. It offers the worst VR experience of all the major sims IMO. Curious if others have been able to make it work for them.

I find it runs fine here in VR, that's on an old Ryzen 2700X / RX5700X with Oculus quest 2
AMS 2 graphics are sharper but far worse AA (shadows/flickering).
If you want to see shocking VR performance try Raceroom, fantastic sim but I really wish I could get the VR performance/graphics balance to be acceptable.

What's your settings, PC specs ect.

So I couldn't manage to install the game with the new UI (now default) so I had to switch to the build with the old UI and switched back to the new one afterwards. 1st experience with the new UI and oh god it is bad and unusable. If the old one was considered to be un-user-friendly and complicated, the new one is that times 10. Plus it's slow. I was looking forward to the new cars but I'll probably wait how the core sim turns out in a couple of months.

Ah, the Oreca won't be lonely anymore...Because they got Ligier, I think they should bring out the Ligier Nissan DPi too, the iconic JS11 (the one we know Ligier for) would be nicer

I think S397 need to fix the issues why nobody uses the Norma LMP3 - how about throw in the JS P320 as the 4th car in pack, one of the most popular LMP3s

So I couldn't manage to install the game with the new UI (now default) so I had to switch to the build with the old UI and switched back to the new one afterwards. 1st experience with the new UI and oh god it is bad and unusable. If the old one was considered to be un-user-friendly and complicated, the new one is that times 10. Plus it's slow. I was looking forward to the new cars but I'll probably wait how the core sim turns out in a couple of months.

I just bought Rfactor 2 and the menu is without a doubt the worst i have ever used in a sim. What the...

I could not even leave the race configuration screen before picking my opponents...despite me not even wanting to race.

Then the game crashed when trying to pick a car. I don't remember any other sim crashing...like ever.

And of course the most useful feature (ui mouse click) does not even work.

Last edited:
Wow. First time with the new UI for me. :thumbsdown:

What in the world is going on with this UI? Yikes. I can honestly say that is the worst UI i've ever used in any game. I think i'm parking this title for a while until they figure this out. Why not just copy the system used in ACC or AMS2? And why does it load multiplayer servers if i'm only interested in single player? Oh man...disaster.

I would really try it on track at least once (before refunding it for the second and last time). But for some reason i only have the pace car.

Any idea why that is the case?

Last edited:
New UI is bad at first, but isn't too bad once you figure out how it works. Still not great, but very usable.
So already a massive improvement over the old UI, which was bad at first, but once you figured out how it worked, it wasn't too bad. Not great, but very usable.

Ppl complaining about new UI. Please remember it has only been in developement for 3 years and in Beta for 1 year. where is your patience?? Everyone knows UI’s need at least 2 years in beta before it’s ready for prime time.
And meanwhile, fairly quietly and overshadowed by other changes and updates, in Raceroom, in addition to the already excellent completely modular HUD that people can use to create completely custom HUDs, and in addition to the new car setup screens introduced earlier, we also just got the next part of the overall UI update that includes things like this:

i-2cnGGTg.png

Wow. First time with the new UI for me. :thumbsdown:

What in the world is going on with this UI? Yikes. I can honestly say that is the worst UI i've ever used in any game. I think i'm parking this title for a while until they figure this out. Why not just copy the system used in ACC or AMS2? And why does it load multiplayer servers if i'm only interested in single player? Oh man...disaster.
some functionality isn't great, but worst? .. I dislike AMS2 much more to be honest

Well...at least i can make it onto the track in AMS2 while i am still trying to figure out why there is only one car to select in Rfactor 2 :roflmao:
well, it's tough, when you consider that their system is based on a deep customization, including all kinds of aero packages, .. it could be quitre tricky to put this into 1 page,
plus UI was update, not necessarily rewrite , which would have been better, but way more work

I quite like the simplicity of AC Content Manager, but visually it's also nothing special

I actually don't mind the new UI personally. I found it intuitive enough. Its just like most other modern UI's I use. Having said that, I play in VR and now I have this thin black outline which matches the exact "UI screen" perimeter edges that I can now see when driving. Its the edges of the UI screen actually in my driving View. Sure, I dont see it if I am looking directly ahead, but turn my head to the side (as you do when driving) and I can see the thin black outline.

This is in VR. Anyone else notice this? Its quite a bad distraction tbh.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.0%