rFactor 2 | Large GT3 BOP Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 yesterday evening released a new BOP update and physics tweak to the 13 GT3 cars available within the simulation.
  • BOP performance updates applied.
  • Tweaks to sliding behaviour.
  • Updates to aero draft issues
Studio 397 last night released a new updated for the full GT3 collection of cars within rFactor 2, adding a number of physics tweaks and balance of performance modifications to the category in a bid to further close up the performance differences between the cars, and address some balance issues that have been reported within the category in recent weeks.

As well as the usual BOP updates, the new builds also contain changes developed in order to resolve an issue where cars would lose excessive grip when following closely within the slipstream of another driver, and also changes have been made to reduce the ability for a driver to excessively slide the car in order to gain additional laptime advantage.

rF2 GT3 Middle.jpg

GT3 BOP Update Notes:

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 v1.87

• BoP adjustments: +5kg weight penalty, -1% engine power.
  • New values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • Modifications to yaw aero response (affects sliding sideways).
  • Tweaks to diffuser stalling parameters (the car is less snappy now, when bottoming out).
  • Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (lower speed gain when drafting).
  • Default setup: -1 to rear wing.
  • Recalculated fuel consumption.
Audi R8 GT3 2018 v1.89
  • BoP adjustments: -20kg weight penalty.
  • Tweaks to diffuser stalling parameters (the car is less snappy now, when bottoming out).
  • P4 is new default the rear wing,
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in slightly more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing, +1 to front and rear ARB, +0.352deg to rear toe in, +2 to TC, +14 to differential preload, -0.5deg to rear camber, +1 rear springs.
Audi R8 GT3 2019 v1.61
  • Adjusted total inertia, tweaks to default setup to make the car more stable.
    New values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • P4 is new default the rear wing.
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in slightly more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing, +1 to front and rear ARB, +0.352deg to rear toe in, +2 to TC, +14 to differential preload, -0.5deg to rear camber, +1 to rear springs.
Bentley Continental GT3 2020 v1.23
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag, about 0.5% forward aero balance shift.
  • Default setup: +1 to TC.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v2.89
  • BoP adjustments: +2% engine power.
  • Fixed damper travel to bump stops (15mm more on front and 11mm on rear).
  • Increased maximum packer stack to 40mm.
  • Tweaks to inertia and center of gravity.
  • Readjusted aero balance and drag.
  • Lower (slower) steering rack ratio.
  • Adjusted differential locking rates.
  • Default setup: brake bias F54.2%, differential preload 120Nm.
BMW M6 GT3 v1.79
  • BoP adjustments: +10kg weight penalty.
  • Adjusted drivetrain inertia (resulting in slightly less engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.

Callaway C7 GT3-R v3.01
  • BoP adjustments: +10kg weight penalty, -1% engine power.
  • Default setup: +1 to default rear wing.
Ferrari 488 GT3 v1.45
  • new values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • modifications to yaw aero response (affects sliding sideways).
  • Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (means, less speed gain when drafting).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
McLaren 650S GT3 v2.85
  • Rebalanced aero balance and drag.
  • Fixed incorrect damper travel to bump stops.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing.
McLaren 720S GT3 v1.75
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Fixed incorrect damper travel to bump stops.
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.95
  • BoP adjustments: -10kg weight penalty,
    Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (lower speed gain when drafting).
  • adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in more engine power on the wheels).
  • Default setup: +1 to TC, P10 rear wing.
Porsche 991 GT3 v1.75
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in less engine power on the wheels).
  • Rebalanced aero balance, drag and rear downforce between rear wing and diffuser.
  • Adjusted center of gravity height and chassis inertia.
  • Fixed issue with damper travel to bump stops.
  • Default setup: P11 rear wing, +1 to TC, +2 to front and rear ARB, 0.117deg to front toein, +0.352deg to rear toe-in.
Radical RXC GT3 2017 v2.85

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news, chat and speculation about the rFactor 2 racing simulation.

rF2 GT3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Have tried race at Spa with A.I. using Gt3's So much better! Mclaren 720's feels great! But do be aware default setup with this car has a diff preload of 0% (dunno if this is after update or its been that way for a while) so you'll want to raise that first as round high speed corners with the diff so open its like putting the back wheels on shopping trolley castors, massive lift off/braking oversteer, or just back end brake away. Don't need to go mad with it, i had it on 10 and that was a joy to drive!

Seems to be alot going on in the RF2 camp now, absoloutely stoked to hear that Circuit D' Azur is finally getting an A.I. update!

Have tried race at Spa with A.I. using Gt3's So much better! Mclaren 720's feels great! But do be aware default setup with this car has a diff preload of 0% (dunno if this is after update or its been that way for a while) so you'll want to raise that first as round high speed corners with the diff so open its like putting the back wheels on shopping trolley castors, massive lift off/braking oversteer, or just back end brake away. Don't need to go mad with it, i had it on 10 and that was a joy to drive!

Seems to be alot going on in the RF2 camp now, absoloutely stoked to hear that Circuit D' Azur is finally getting an A.I. update!
Wondering if this has to do with Paul bridging the gap between Devs and Users?

I'm glad this sim is being updated, but I've finally realized the vintage content is just something that is not on the developers radar, and most probably will never be.
If they don't publish a major physics/tyre overhaul that will fundamentally change the driving feel, I will stick with the old UI and modded tracks and cars. Luckily, there is plenty of old stuff.
I've tried the new UI and got the hang of it, but since I switched to VR I don't want flickering epilepsy inducing white screens and crashes.
I have zero interest in race cars after 2005 and Alonso's R25, so I'm perfectly fine without any further updates that will follow.
If nothing changes regarding the old content functionality, this will be my go to sim for the rest of my days.
If, however, they decide to completely abandon the old UI support, then I guess I'm going to start praying AMS2 gets polished to an acceptable driving state.

I'm glad this sim is being updated, but I've finally realized the vintage content is just something that is not on the developers radar, and most probably will never be.
If they don't publish a major physics/tyre overhaul that will fundamentally change the driving feel, I will stick with the old UI and modded tracks and cars. Luckily, there is plenty of old stuff.
I've tried the new UI and got the hang of it, but since I switched to VR I don't want flickering epilepsy inducing white screens and crashes.
I have zero interest in race cars after 2005 and Alonso's R25, so I'm perfectly fine without any further updates that will follow.
If nothing changes regarding the old content functionality, this will be my go to sim for the rest of my days.
If, however, they decide to completely abandon the old UI support, then I guess I'm going to start praying AMS2 gets polished to an acceptable driving state.
Could do with some vintage tracks for those lovely vintage Brabhams and Mclarens. Spa 66 Comes to mind immediately!

I'd like to see a pic of a factory GT3 wheel without a stripe and the large chunk of wheel missing like in this sim. I've never seen one like that in my life. They've all been yellow in every onboard i've ever seen as well as every other sim out there.

If you look at the graphics, there are sharp 90 degree angles in the wheel where the stripe should be.....almost as if they intended to model it but forgot.

<Edited>

If you wanna cry about a missing stripe start a new thread.

Last edited:
who cares about a stripe? dose this update adress the car setups physics exploits that have now become common knowledge, and if so, how much? can only be good. at lest they seem to be looking into it and done something.

who cares about a stripe? dose this update adress the car setups physics exploits that have now become common knowledge, and if so, how much? can only be good. at lest they seem to be looking into it and done something.
The update does include several changes to how the cars handle, but I don't think the over-all exploit has been addressed. This update, I think, is designed to tighten the field based on existing physics, not rebuilding the physics from scratch to avoid exploits.

Ok if you know best :rolleyes:

MEANWHILE ON TOPIC, anyone driven the updated cars yet? I'm hoping to do so today
I had to unsubscribe from all the GT3 cars to get the download working. First taste of the Audi, it still has higher temps on the rear tires but the sudden snap spin after a few laps seems corrected. I'm assuming the diffuser was stalling & creating a huge imbalance as the ground clearance shrank. They seem to have tamed the suddeness of that.
Solo users get some love(FINALLLY!) as they have mellowed the Merc's tendancy to spin at any hint of contact. And they fixed the loss of downforce when closely following another car, that benefits both offline and online users.
I haven't run a mixed field yet to determine if the real world lap time gap between GTE & GT3 has been addressed. I am not hopeful there.

I had to unsubscribe from all the GT3 cars to get the download working. First taste of the Audi, it still has higher temps on the rear tires but the sudden snap spin after a few laps seems corrected. I'm assuming the diffuser was stalling & creating a huge imbalance as the ground clearance shrank. They seem to have tamed the suddeness of that.
Solo users get some love(FINALLLY!) as they have mellowed the Merc's tendancy to spin at any hint of contact. And they fixed the loss of downforce when closely following another car, that benefits both offline and online users.
I haven't run a mixed field yet to determine if the real world lap time gap between GTE & GT3 has been addressed. I am not hopeful there.
What is the lap time issue?

The laptime difference is not wrong, this is not IMSA which they are build after.
GT3 in GT Open Poletime was 2:14.605
GTE in WEC Poletime was 2:14.207
And thats with fully factory Drivers in GTE-Pro and the GT Open car would have been P2 in the WEC times (2:14.635 for the 2nd placed GTE-Pro)

For comparison GTWC-Europes Spa 24h Pole was 2:18.588

So as its evident different series result in different times, so seperating both classes would mean nerfing GT3s further than actually needed

FYI its actually possible to do the balancing alone, thats what I did for my IMSA liverys and from doing it I can Unterstand why it could not work without nerfing the GT3 overall and that would not be ideal for GT3 only races since that is realistic and pretty fun ;)

Is this update what broke my massive saved game file? I was 6 hours into a 12 hour race and I tried to load and got a car body load error

There is very simple way around this ...never use All cars and tracks

Make all your mods with Mas2 lets say you call it Sebring 12 hour
add the 12 hour layout, makes, models and skins you want

Now, until you uninstall that rfmod it is impossible for any older versions of cars or tracks for that matter to be uninstalled ! It is that simple ;)
As well you can't unsubscribe from any content as long as a rfmod is installed that uses the content

So you just make lots of 5kb rfmods

Why is it tiny things in rF2 are made out so bad
Tell me, what other sim lets you drive 2 or more versions of any car ? ...yeah right

Another thing you can do with 5kb rfmods that no other sim can
Take the GT3 update make a mod with each model .....so 13 cars one skin each or 2 skins to make 26 cars etc
Make a dedicated private server
When you join room you can drive any car in the garage you want without leaving the room

Driving the 13 cars in session saves 12 track reloads :coffee:
and you get to keep your best times from each car :coffee:

Tell me, what other sim lets you drive any car you want in session
I not talking about 3rd party quick boot with CM
It's default !
But again ISI gets no credit

btw creating private server and joining on the same PC has no lag , latency or anything else
It is identical to offline room but you can swap cars and skins wily nily
Also ideal for modders and painters testing

So imho people should be asking ACC, AMS2 and the rest why they can't do these things and never will :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is very simple way around this ...never use All cars and tracks

Make all your mods with Mas2 lets say you call it Sebring 12 hour
add the 12 hour layout, makes, models and skins you want

Now, until you uninstall that rfmod it is impossible for any older versions of cars or tracks for that matter to be uninstalled ! It is that simple ;)
As well you can't unsubscribe from any content as long as a rfmod is installed that uses the content

So you just make lots of 5kb rfmods

Why is it tiny things in rF2 are made out so bad
Tell me, what other sim lets you drive 2 or more versions of any car ? ...yeah right

Another thing you can do with 5kb rfmods that no other sim can
Take the GT3 update make a mod with each model .....so 13 cars one skin each or 2 skins to make 26 cars etc
Make a dedicated private server
When you join room you can drive any car in the garage you want without leaving the room

Driving the 13 cars in session saves 12 track reloads :coffee:
and you get to keep your best times from each car :coffee:

Tell me, what other sim lets you drive any car you want in session
I not talking about 3rd party quick boot with CM
It's default !
But again ISI gets no credit

btw creating private server and joining on the same PC has no lag , latency or anything else
It is identical to offline room but you can swap cars and skins wily nily
Also ideal for modders and painters testing

So imho people should be asking ACC, AMS2 and the rest why they can't do these things and never will :rolleyes:

Trust me I don't have too much grief with rf2, it's one of my favorite sims because of what you can do with it. It's just frustrating losing progress in something I've put hours in. As for creating mods using Mas2, i have no experience with that so I have no idea how. Anyway, I appreciate the advice.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%