rFactor 2 | Large GT3 BOP Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 yesterday evening released a new BOP update and physics tweak to the 13 GT3 cars available within the simulation.
  • BOP performance updates applied.
  • Tweaks to sliding behaviour.
  • Updates to aero draft issues
Studio 397 last night released a new updated for the full GT3 collection of cars within rFactor 2, adding a number of physics tweaks and balance of performance modifications to the category in a bid to further close up the performance differences between the cars, and address some balance issues that have been reported within the category in recent weeks.

As well as the usual BOP updates, the new builds also contain changes developed in order to resolve an issue where cars would lose excessive grip when following closely within the slipstream of another driver, and also changes have been made to reduce the ability for a driver to excessively slide the car in order to gain additional laptime advantage.

rF2 GT3 Middle.jpg

GT3 BOP Update Notes:

Aston Martin Vantage GT3 v1.87

• BoP adjustments: +5kg weight penalty, -1% engine power.
  • New values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • Modifications to yaw aero response (affects sliding sideways).
  • Tweaks to diffuser stalling parameters (the car is less snappy now, when bottoming out).
  • Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (lower speed gain when drafting).
  • Default setup: -1 to rear wing.
  • Recalculated fuel consumption.
Audi R8 GT3 2018 v1.89
  • BoP adjustments: -20kg weight penalty.
  • Tweaks to diffuser stalling parameters (the car is less snappy now, when bottoming out).
  • P4 is new default the rear wing,
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in slightly more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing, +1 to front and rear ARB, +0.352deg to rear toe in, +2 to TC, +14 to differential preload, -0.5deg to rear camber, +1 rear springs.
Audi R8 GT3 2019 v1.61
  • Adjusted total inertia, tweaks to default setup to make the car more stable.
    New values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • P4 is new default the rear wing.
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in slightly more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing, +1 to front and rear ARB, +0.352deg to rear toe in, +2 to TC, +14 to differential preload, -0.5deg to rear camber, +1 to rear springs.
Bentley Continental GT3 2020 v1.23
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in more engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag, about 0.5% forward aero balance shift.
  • Default setup: +1 to TC.
Bentley Continental GT3 2017 v2.89
  • BoP adjustments: +2% engine power.
  • Fixed damper travel to bump stops (15mm more on front and 11mm on rear).
  • Increased maximum packer stack to 40mm.
  • Tweaks to inertia and center of gravity.
  • Readjusted aero balance and drag.
  • Lower (slower) steering rack ratio.
  • Adjusted differential locking rates.
  • Default setup: brake bias F54.2%, differential preload 120Nm.
BMW M6 GT3 v1.79
  • BoP adjustments: +10kg weight penalty.
  • Adjusted drivetrain inertia (resulting in slightly less engine power on the wheels).
  • Adjusted aero drag.

Callaway C7 GT3-R v3.01
  • BoP adjustments: +10kg weight penalty, -1% engine power.
  • Default setup: +1 to default rear wing.
Ferrari 488 GT3 v1.45
  • new values for draft lifts (FW, RW and diffuser).
  • modifications to yaw aero response (affects sliding sideways).
  • Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (means, less speed gain when drafting).
  • Adjusted aero drag.
McLaren 650S GT3 v2.85
  • Rebalanced aero balance and drag.
  • Fixed incorrect damper travel to bump stops.
  • Default setup: P4 rear wing.
McLaren 720S GT3 v1.75
  • Adjusted aero drag.
  • Fixed incorrect damper travel to bump stops.
Mercedes AMG GT3 v2.95
  • BoP adjustments: -10kg weight penalty,
    Reduced slipstreaming effects on drag (lower speed gain when drafting).
  • adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in more engine power on the wheels).
  • Default setup: +1 to TC, P10 rear wing.
Porsche 991 GT3 v1.75
  • Adjusted drivetrain losses (resulting in less engine power on the wheels).
  • Rebalanced aero balance, drag and rear downforce between rear wing and diffuser.
  • Adjusted center of gravity height and chassis inertia.
  • Fixed issue with damper travel to bump stops.
  • Default setup: P11 rear wing, +1 to TC, +2 to front and rear ARB, 0.117deg to front toein, +0.352deg to rear toe-in.
Radical RXC GT3 2017 v2.85

Original Source; Studio 397

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news, chat and speculation about the rFactor 2 racing simulation.

rF2 GT3 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I also said that years ago - it's disgraceful that the Camaro GT3 is being treated like a mistreated stepchild

Why update an obsolete car? When was the last time it was ran in a major series and was even semi-competitive? What results are they going to use as a basis to update it (at least performance wise) on? Graphically it'd be easy enough to update but the car doesn't race in any relevant series to warrant an update. In any case, S397 have been reluctant to update ISI content and who could blame them as I doubt they wouldnt want to go through the legal minefield of having to reacquire licenses ISI had on a car which is seldom used.

Licensing is not a problem for the ISI official content.

It is when those licenses may of lapsed which could well be the case with the Camaro.

Is this update what broke my massive saved game file? I was 6 hours into a 12 hour race and I tried to load and got a car body load error

Unfortunately that may well be the case when updating cars that old replays won't work.

I hope this BOP will stop that official GT3 series from becoming 'Corvette Cup'

Hopefully yes as the Article alludes too!

This kind of licenses don't have a time limit. When ISI acquired the Chevrolette license for the cars in their game, that license covers the use of that specific content in RF2 forever. And the game is still RF2, is not a remaster, not a sequel. The developer changed, but the licenses stay. Of course when S397 makes a dlc with new content in they have to acquire the licenses for that. Same thing if they decide to make a most recent version of that Camaro. But in order to update that same specific car (the model and liveries available now in game) they don't need a new license.

Ok if you know best :rolleyes:

MEANWHILE ON TOPIC, anyone driven the updated cars yet? I'm hoping to do so today

Last edited:
MEANWHILE ON TOPIC, anyone driven the updated cars yet? I'm hoping to do so today
Yes, not all but some and especially the physics side is pretty good now, the Porsche now doesnt slide around without reason on fast corners and that car plus Audi and Bentley might be even worth picking now unless one of the ones I didnt test is OP

And the AI loves the update aswell ;)

Last edited:
The stripe is not filled in as supplied by the factory. Individual teams place their own color of stripe, The cars supplied from the factory don't have the stripe and thus the photos used for detail don't show a stripe. Silly, I know, should have been addressed ages ago. Just like the continuing snafus with the two Aston's steering wheel numerals displaying incorrect information, or the right hand side American flag on the Two factory Corvettes being displayed backwards.
Are you sure that it isn't as it should be? The reasoning is that the flag is always shown as if it was being pushed back by the windspeed in the car. Google it and you'll see real life pictures with the flag "backwards"

Why update an obsolete car? When was the last time it was ran in a major series and was even semi-competitive? What results are they going to use as a basis to update it (at least performance wise) on? Graphically it'd be easy enough to update but the car doesn't race in any relevant series to warrant an update. In any case, S397 have been reluctant to update ISI content and who could blame them as I doubt they wouldnt want to go through the legal minefield of having to reacquire licenses ISI had on a car which is seldom used.
Considering this dumb 'racing cars get never obsolete' comment (the guy thought LMP1 would never become obsolete)

If S397 won't, they should had let users update them themselves - TBH, the Camaro would had made great AI cannon fodders

I understand why S397 doesn't want to update obsolete content, but I think it does the game a disservice when it comes to attracting new or lapsed players. A base copy of rF2 loads up the game with old ISI packages, much of which look all of the 7+ years old that they are. There are plenty of great free mods but a new player may be overwhelmed by the Steam Workshop page- items aren't even categorized.

What if S397 included a sort of 'DLC taster' in the base game- say a car from each class & one DLC track? That way new players would get to see content that reflects the current state of the game & may push them to acquire additional content. As someone who has purchased DLC, I wouldn't take umbrage with such a strategy if it gave new or lapsed players a more favorable impression of the title. rF2 has a lot to offer, but I believe too much of that is hidden behind older content.

I don't understand that "obsolete" content concept. Why would any content be obsolete?
We always had historic content in any SIM, all the "new" sim offer content covering many era.
if a SIM improve, why would any content be left behind? on what basis?
Of course improvement can not happen all at once and devs have to prioritize.
I have more fun with cars from 20 to 30 years ago, than with any 2021 race car offering, does that make me "obsolete"? :sneaky:

O
I don't understand that "obsolete" content concept. Why would any content be obsolete?
We always had historic content in any SIM, all the "new" sim offer content covering many era.
if a SIM improve, why would any content be left behind? on what basis?
Of course improvement can not happen all at once and devs have to prioritize.
I have more fun with cars from 20 to 30 years ago, than with any 2021 race car offering, does that make me "obsolete"? :sneaky:

Obsolete is a poor word choice on my part- rather not kept up to date with the newest engine improvements. I like the historic content of rF2, and still play GTR2 and AMS1 for theirs. But if S397s main strategy is to compete in eSports with modern endurance offerings (as seems to be the case), I think if would benefit them to include some of that as part of the base game. If they succeed with the primary goal, it could provide resources to update or add historic cars and tracks.

cargo ships go far on a single tank of ...well...tanker fuel....

I'd like to see a pic of a factory GT3 wheel without a stripe and the large chunk of wheel missing like in this sim. I've never seen one like that in my life. They've all been yellow in every onboard i've ever seen as well as every other sim out there.

If you look at the graphics, there are sharp 90 degree angles in the wheel where the stripe should be.....almost as if they intended to model it but forgot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back