rFactor 2 | July Development Roadmap - Plenty Of Interesting Content

Try it for yourself, some like it, some don't, it's in Beta so will improve.

It's pretty clear that what appeared to be a good idea 3.5 years ago has fallen flat on its face and the past 4 months have not taken us to a better place. The whole concept that a web interface promised rapid UI development has not borne out in reality.

Spain
Then why comment on a game and waste energy on something you aren't interested in? We get it, FFB and handling isn't the most important thing for you so maybe just be happy with your prefered products and move on. Cars might be on the expensive side but on the other hand it's possible to pick stuff up in sales and considering that cars require different workflows in different sims it doesn't make much sense to complain about the pricing per se, especialy if you are done with the product and don't know the inns and outs of the development process. I suspect they won't get rich.

Because i'm free, and i wasted a lot of money in all DLC's with the hope that RF2 could be a finished game, but after 3 years buying every single car and pack for those ridiculous prices i arrived to the conclusion that this game development is a fraud, you only have to see the GT4 pack of ACC for 19,99€ with 11 cars, 11, it costs every car only 1,82 € and is good to advertice to the new potential buyers of this game that is a hole in their pockets, when you do calculation of total amount is insane how much money costs a beta game...

Portugal
Because i'm free, and i wasted a lot of money in all DLC's with the hope that RF2 could be a finished game, but after 3 years buying every single car and pack for those ridiculous prices i arrived to the conclusion that this game development is a fraud, you only have to see the GT4 pack of ACC for 19,99€ with 11 cars, 11, it costs every car only 1,82 € and is good to advertice to the new potential buyers of this game that is a hole in their pockets, when you do calculation of total amount is insane how much money costs a beta game...
You dont know nothing about games development........try again kid....

Great Roadmap update for July.
Looking forward to the new content.

I'm glad to see that they've listened to some of the complaints from previous purchasers who were feeling left out of the last Steam Summer Sale due to the crossover content.

Nice to see that they've brought back the car packs which were omitted, and have allowed a window of opportunity to grab them for a fair price.

It's just a shame that they didn't bother to do the same for the "Track Pack" of 4 add-on tracks.
Even though I already own Sebring, I'd have no problem purchasing the pack IF they either gave me another key for Sebring which I could then gift to a friend, or appropriately discount the value of it from the pack.

The fact that they simply don't even give it to you is a bad business practice, essentially penalizing you for your previous purchase.

In the end, I just ended up grabbing the new Nurb Pack + the Two Strong Pack, all of which is new content for me.

Those were great deals.

Bummer that the Track Pack was omitted, but now that I own both Sebring & Nurb...no point in even looking at it again since those two tracks would just go up in smoke with S397 not granting keys for them.

Has anyone got ANY feedback from them about double-purchases?
Was it an interview were they had noticed the problem.

Just bought the Two Strong pack for 3 Euro. That's only 1,50 per car and just shows how useless those arguments about DLC prices are. Seems like Kunos rip off their customers according to your logic :rolleyes:

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
Unexpected great news again. The best Sim keeps and keeps improving in
content and visuals. Great Stuff.

The Bentley GT3 will kick ass, and will look as good as the Ferrari GTE with
its up to date model and interior visuals. The Ferrari GT3 will match them
soon too. All new upcoming cars will be updated to today's visuals and
detail standards found in other Sims like ACC. Visuals add immersion too,
so let's wish for them to enjoy even more the Sim.

Loch Drummond reminds me a bit of the classic Toban track. Lovely tracks.
I wish all classic tracks and cars could be redone with new textures, more
realistic trees and detailing too.

Old bugs being fixed, and the new UI soon to be finished. Very nice. Can't
wait for all these updates and fixes. Thanks for the hard work.

@Marcel Offermans, I just read your post here. Thanks for listening to us. if
you read this, please give it a thought to creating old classic cars packs, like
touring cars from the 90s, DTM and such, 'touring cars legends' from the
60s, 70s, 80s and 90s, you know - most sim racers here would love them and
I'm sure they will be a great success for rFactor 2. Thanks.
Amen to that!

You bought EVERYTHING? Well, why? You are really driving everything everywhere?
I enjoy racing Endurance cars on LM, Ring, Sebring. Bought in Summer sale. Can't remember exactly but I think game, track pack, car pack cost around 40€. Total. I guess that everybody who wants it for less does not expect to get paid, either.

After playing this weekend I do see my frametimes to appear better in VR, dont know if there was some updates. Drops even to low 8ms for long periods instead of staying around 10-11 while running SS at 220% in steam on all the tracks I tried. During sunset it might go up to 14ms and then back. I do play motion smoothing WMR locked at 45 fps as I want graphics to look good and pp filter on.

I have unistalled RF2 and I will spin it up again when the competition system is deployed , I am done buying content, testing it for half an hour and then put it aside.
I'm also waiting for the competition system and I'm already falling behind on content. By the time the competition system is released I'm afraid I'll be so far behind on content that It'll cost me the same as a AAA title or more just to "revive" RF2.

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I'm also waiting for the competition system and I'm already falling behind on content. By the time the competition system is released I'm afraid I'll be so far behind on content that It'll cost me the same as a AAA title or more just to "revive" RF2.
Wait for a sale and just buy the stuff you need to come racing at RD. ;)
You can then give the balance to a charity of your choice. ;)
Seriously though, nobody is forced to buy any of the content. I held off on Le Mans till I got a deal which felt was right for me and will do the same with the Ring. But then, I really don't enjoy modern GT cars, so I saved myself a fortune and (once I realised I won't use them) stopped buying them after the first or 2nd pack. :thumbsup:

Whatever your simracing hardware is, the software including content might be surprisingly cheap. I would even guess our yearly software expenses might be comparable to the electricity bill caused by simracing.

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
UK
Ok Mr Video guy, perhaps you could make a vid of a car that actually has wet tire sounds and back to back it with the radicals. Make it short....I mean a minute at most. Put something that @Christopher Elliott liot can upload to the bosses or the quality control guys. Show one car, then the Radical, Show again the first car splashing around and then again the Radical in stealth mode. That should be enough. Upload to the bug section I would think.
Sorry its taken a while but ive become v busy of late and have not had time, its not one minute as I've also addressed an issue with the BMW M2 CS A.I., but its a short video and clearly shows the problem with the sound. Hope it helps!

Really like the new stock car, very well done by S397. However it's hard to find an oval where the AI race anywhere close to oval reality. They spread out unrealistically, no full course yellows, AI moves down to the apron and punts you without any awareness that you are there, on and on, same old same old.

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
UK
Really like the new stock car, very well done by S397. However it's hard to find an oval where the AI race anywhere close to oval reality. They spread out unrealistically, no full course yellows, AI moves down to the apron and punts you without any awareness that you are there, on and on, same old same old.
Yup, heard this and tried it out hoping it was wrong, but have to agree, the stockcar A.I. are totally broken at ovals, car feels much better now though!