• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

rFactor 2 | July Development Roadmap - Plenty Of Interesting Content

Durge Driven

2000RPM
Jun 17, 2017
True enough price is a issue for most of us including me
However when physics or online experience or VR or something else in any sim overwhelms you ( I hope at least 1 sim does this for all of us ) then cost is unimportant, well for me ;)

Reactions: The GT Formula

Isaac Chavira

Livery Designer
Premium
Sep 11, 2009
For those who do not know: PBR = Physical Based Rendering.

Lighting charts are used to give materials their correct reflectivity, roughness, ect. Everything is shinny like a waxed car, your skin, your hair even concrete. The surface just breaks up the light in a manner that gives it a dull appearance.

Try this tomorrow in the sun. Find a rock that is flat and lay it in the light at the edge of a table. Now squat down to where you eye level is juts barely above the rock and you WILL see the reflection of the surrounding environment.

Just FYI.

Great job S397.

material_chart.jpg

CDwyer

100RPM
Dec 18, 2014
As usual, looking forward to all the updates, any update is a good update! rF2 slowly still taking some nice steps forward...

But... I still really dislike the rFactor 2 store and the way it works. Please make it easier to understand which cars and packs i already own... I guess that's partly my job, but as the packs have reshuffled, I've lost track of which bits and pieces I own of them. So would be nice to see what I have and what I need, without having to click on each individual car too see if I own it or not, then match them up to each pack to see which car is in what...

Also, some of the packs, don't actually say which cars you get in them...
like this one for example...
Nurburgring and 3 cars... ok, what are they exactly, looks like the new Radical SR3 XX, BMW M2?? & Porsche Cup Car??
View attachment 394450

Great pack if I guessed the cars right, and as I don't own any of them, will be buying straight away.
Interesting as my steam view (US) says:

" Nürburgring, Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, BMW M2 CS Racing and Radical SR3-XX. With this new pack we give you a sampler of options to get to know Endurance racing at the Ring! From the more approachable to the more advanced in terms of handling, work your way up and conquer the Green Hell. "

It said that earlier too, so I dont think its a later edit.

Kranky Pantz

100RPM
Jun 14, 2017
Great Roadmap update for July.
Looking forward to the new content.

I'm glad to see that they've listened to some of the complaints from previous purchasers who were feeling left out of the last Steam Summer Sale due to the crossover content.

Nice to see that they've brought back the car packs which were omitted, and have allowed a window of opportunity to grab them for a fair price.

It's just a shame that they didn't bother to do the same for the "Track Pack" of 4 add-on tracks.
Even though I already own Sebring, I'd have no problem purchasing the pack IF they either gave me another key for Sebring which I could then gift to a friend, or appropriately discount the value of it from the pack.

The fact that they simply don't even give it to you is a bad business practice, essentially penalizing you for your previous purchase.

In the end, I just ended up grabbing the new Nurb Pack + the Two Strong Pack, all of which is new content for me.

Those were great deals.

Bummer that the Track Pack was omitted, but now that I own both Sebring & Nurb...no point in even looking at it again since those two tracks would just go up in smoke with S397 not granting keys for them.

millen

250RPM
Premium
Dec 22, 2010
A fair point, looks like something went wrong in that description. I fixed it, thanks for reporting.
Amazing. Thanks for the edit, Marcel. Thanks for all your hard work, sorry about the rant, as I said, just find the rF2 store a bit clunky. Further thought, it's probably more Steams fault than S397s...
That pack will now be bought! ;) :geek:

Reactions: Adyl and passenger

groove200

100RPM
Premium
Dec 21, 2019
As usual, looking forward to all the updates, any update is a good update! rF2 slowly still taking some nice steps forward...

But... I still really dislike the rFactor 2 store and the way it works. Please make it easier to understand which cars and packs i already own... I guess that's partly my job, but as the packs have reshuffled, I've lost track of which bits and pieces I own of them. So would be nice to see what I have and what I need, without having to click on each individual car too see if I own it or not, then match them up to each pack to see which car is in what...

Also, some of the packs, don't actually say which cars you get in them...
like this one for example...
Nurburgring and 3 cars... ok, what are they exactly, looks like the new Radical SR3 XX, BMW M2?? & Porsche Cup Car??
View attachment 394450

Great pack if I guessed the cars right, and as I don't own any of them, will be buying straight away.
THIS !!!! I discovered a couple of months back that I repurchased about £40 of content I already owned.....tried to get a refund , but no luck as it was too late. This really shouldn't be possible and made me quite angry towards the way they organise their store/content/workshop. Its just horrible.

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Mar 22, 2017
Had a quick drive round the new Loch Drummond last night, v nice! Always liked this track, now it's even better so I'm happy! Nice that they've, brought back the old packs for folks. I've not tried the NASCAR yet, although I'm none too familiar with the old version as I've oy driven them a handful of times, might have to try them out a NOLA as my uncle used to race there and it's a video I've been meaning to make for some time so this is a welcome update.
Now I brought the Radical for full price when it first came out, I see it's much cheaper now in one of the packs, but I payed full price, so could S397 please, please fix the bloody tire sounds finally! I love this car but both the new one and even the old one still loose all tire/skid sounds the moment it starts raining! I've mentioned it several times on the forum's at 397, I've had no feedback from the Devs. You get your driving feedback through three things in a sim: FFB, visual and sound, so I'm missing a third of my feedback in the wet with this car, the fact it's been completely overlooked since the old one came out is pretty shocking!
I love this sim, I've payed for me car, it's broken, please fix! I wanna drive it on the wet, Ta!

Reactions: passenger

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018

Thanks for free content, S397!

But bugs/crashes and unusable "new UI" still make me angry when I play it. Updated Stock car is ok, hope you spend more time updating textures in all base content in future instead of writing loooong roadmaps with just 2 things done and 3 more promises.

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
Number of clicks and overall time required to setup a race. Online server joining process with no option to stop unknown mod download, so only option is Alt-F4. I work in SEO, where user friendly interface/usability is a big part of optimization, and this is NOT how you make user interface.
Well ok your first sentence doesn't = "unusable", just more clicks, once you get used too it it's OK but agreed there are one too many for my liking as well.
As for "unknown Mod download" I'm pretty sure that was being looked into, remember this is still a BETA at the moment so there are things to iron out, thanks :)

eg01st

250RPM
Jul 28, 2018
Well ok your first sentence doesn't = "unusable", just more clicks, once you get used too it it's OK but agreed there are one too many for my liking as well.
As for "unknown Mod download" I'm pretty sure that was being looked into, remember this is still a BETA at the moment so there are things to iron out, thanks :)
Well for me it's pretty much unusable, so I have gone back to the old system, for 4th time after giving the new thing a chance. I tried getting used to it, but it's not just a matter of few clicks, it's the overall package. There was also a promise to remove "Loading your fav servers", but it's still there. So no, thanks...2 years in development + 7 months in beta and no improvements.

bozakn

10RPM
May 10, 2014
Anyone else experiencing graphical bugs with the modded content on the Nords after this update?

I'm getting draw distance glitches, the AI cars in front of me are blinking and disappearing, and I can only see the car shadows going through the tarmac.

Hope this gets fixed, it messed up my favorite mods.

Ciccina2016

100RPM
Feb 28, 2018
I have unistalled RF2 and I will spin it up again when the competition system is deployed , I am done buying content, testing it for half an hour and then put it aside.

Reactions: Lucio Distilleri