rFactor 2: Jacksonville Dev Preview Video

The developers at Image Space Incorporated have released a video preview of the coming Jacksonville Speedway, which is an oval track suited for stock car racing.

This track will be released alongside the stock cars, which "require quite a few code changes to properly simulate," so the order and date of their release is unknown.

rFactor 2 has some great new content coming, which should make rFactor 2 a very complete and well rounded sim. Along with great mods, this sim is sure to have something for every sim racer.

Join the discussion in our dedicated rFactor 2 forum, check out awesome screenshots and videos in our rF2 gallery, get racing in our rF2 Racing Club and Leagues and make your game even more awesome with some rFactor 2 mods!

What's wrong all you Europeans, mixed feelings about Nascar and RF2? :D
Definetely not. Before the Indy/Indy release I thought oval racing is easy, booring, stupid whatever, but running the Indycar at IMS is such a blast and overtaking hat 360kph is just mental. I am looking forward to it. Would love to get an ISI V8 Supercar as well.
I don't know which track Jacksonville is presenting, but would be nice to get the 24h Daytona track some time in the future.

What's wrong all you Europeans, mixed feelings about Nascar and RF2? :D

Nascar at Zolder (Belgium/Europe): the sound... :rolleyes:

nascar.png

Definetely not. Before the Indy/Indy release I thought oval racing is easy, booring, stupid whatever, but running the Indycar at IMS is such a blast and overtaking hat 360kph is just mental. I am looking forward to it. Would love to get an ISI V8 Supercar as well.
I don't know which track Jacksonville is presenting, but would be nice to get the 24h Daytona track some time in the future.
Well, this is meant to be Daytona :)
On the oval thing, I got caught by the "oval side" back in the days of Zanardi and Max Papis :) but at that time there were no-one that put the race on TV here in Italy, except for the Indy 500 that was on TMC and some other "race re-cap" from CART, and I was a really young boy so no dish tv. Then rFactor and, mostly, iRacing make me understand better what the oval racing was: not just left turn, but to manage a car going into a turn at 270km/h while defending your position or trying to attack, managing fuel, tyres and slide :)
It's totally different from the "road side" but it provide great races, great fun.
I am mostly looking to this release to understand better the "multi-groove" racing of NASCAR, because I always hear it on the race comments.
Also, Dayt....heeem.... Jacksonville with his road course will be a blast with the EGT mod and, hopefully, a good Daytona Prototybe will came out

Well, this is meant to be Daytona :)
On the oval thing, I got caught by the "oval side" back in the days of Zanardi and Max Papis :) but at that time there were no-one that put the race on TV here in Italy, except for the Indy 500 that was on TMC and some other "race re-cap" from CART, and I was a really young boy so no dish tv. Then rFactor and, mostly, iRacing make me understand better what the oval racing was: not just left turn, but to manage a car going into a turn at 270km/h while defending your position or trying to attack, managing fuel, tyres and slide :)
It's totally different from the "road side" but it provide great races, great fun.
I am mostly looking to this release to understand better the "multi-groove" racing of NASCAR, because I always hear it on the race comments.
Also, Dayt....heeem.... Jacksonville with his road course will be a blast with the EGT mod and, hopefully, a good Daytona Prototybe will came out
Daytone roadcourse would be great. It looks a bit booring first, but I drove a non official conversion of Daytona with the Lola LMP1 and that was a blast :D

Daytone roadcourse would be great. It looks a bit booring first, but I drove a non official conversion of Daytona with the Lola LMP1 and that was a blast :D
Yup, I had plenty of races on Daytona RC over I racing... It's really a good track for endurance racing. If you just hotlap then it's pretty boring but the races with a Ford GT was always great... Fighting for position while you have to manage traffic, Prototypes that divebomb you over the bus stop :) trying to not loose time... Really, it's a wonderful track for MultiClass racing

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%