rFactor 2 is coming to Steam, Stock Cars out this weekend

Image Space Incorporated have just announced that their PC simulator rFactor 2 will be coming to Steam in the near future.

The team's flagship racing sim will be joining rFactor 1 on Valve's popular digital store soon, even though there's no further details or a release date for now.

ISI is putting rFactor 2 on Steam to make the game more accessible to an ever-growing user base. A launch trailer has been created for the purpose, and it contains a sneak peek of the much anticipated Stock Cars, which will please the oval racing crowd on RaceDepartment. Get ready to make lots of turns soon!

The Stock Cars are going to be available this weekend! For our early impressions on the Stock Cars, check out our review of rFactor 2.

Are you going to switch your rFactor 2 copy to Steam? Let us know in the comments!

I thought everyone outside of the United States hated oval racing. Maybe that's just an unfair stereotype but it seems Europeans are particularly vocal on the internet about their hate of oval racing. Hell, I live in the US and I hate oval racing so go figure.
People just dislike NASCAR, watched 2 seasons of it and it feels like WWE of motorsports (all this series do is damaging motorsports in US).
But racing online on ovals with those cars is mega fun, I used to do that in NR 2003. Good times. Hope rF2 can get this right and wish so much they'd get animated pit stops for this.
I'm a IndyCar fan tho (or a fan of its history, love CART) so I want to get more into it once they are on Steam :)

*I'm Brazilian

I thought everyone outside of the United States hated oval racing. Maybe that's just an unfair stereotype but it seems Europeans are particularly vocal on the internet about their hate of oval racing. Hell, I live in the US and I hate oval racing so go figure.
I dont really like it, but after the Indy release I had so much fun and I learned to appreciate it. Still booring to watch for me, but going wheel to wheel at over 360kph is a rush :D

People just dislike NASCAR, watched 2 seasons of it and it feels like WWE of motorsports (all this series do is damaging motorsports in US).
But racing online on ovals with those cars is mega fun, I used to do that in NR 2003. Good times. Hope rF2 can get this right and wish so much they'd get animated pit stops for this.
I'm a IndyCar fan tho (or a fan of its history, love CART) so I want to get more into it once they are on Steam :)

*I'm Brazilian

Oh ok, I hate NASCAR too, but then again I still don't care for any form of oval racing. I'm sure its quite engaging if you're actually driving the race car, but watching it is a real snoozefest for me.

I dont really like it, but after the Indy release I had so much fun and I learned to appreciate it. Still booring to watch for me, but going wheel to wheel at over 360kph is a rush :D

I'm slightly more tolerant of IndyCar oval racing, but not by much.

Although the graphics don't touch Assetto Corsa, there are some amazing things I saw in that video. Watching that tire actually flex was amazing. Looks like they are serious about tire modelling. We'll see.

Oh ok, I hate NASCAR too, but then again I still don't care for any form of oval racing. I'm sure its quite engaging if you're actually driving the race car, but watching it is a real snoozefest for me.

I'm slightly more tolerant of IndyCar oval racing, but not by much.
I enjoy ICS on ovals a lot. Mostly due to speed, but cars are so ugly :(

Timing of the release is excellent for European Nascar fans... :)
@Timothy Wheatley : Did you know there is a Nascar Euro series. :whistling: And yes, they do ovals too.

Final race is next weekend at my home track. I'll be there. ;)

Nascar-Zolder-2015.png

2014_zolder_nascar_1.jpg

It was the FFB settings actually, I think I've gotten too used to how easy Reiza made things for me, and with only an hour to play, tweaking and adjusting the default wasn't what I wanted to do at the time, and the default felt very limp and knotchy for the car.

I guestimated a few things for my G27 and just dove-in after, it was better, but I fear I'll have to refine things even further, and find a more familiar track, before I get it to come alive for me.

Actually rF2 FFB isn't meant to be tweaked much at all, the three UI settings (multiplier, smoothing and minimum torque) is pretty much all you need to adjust (even the multiplier you shouldn't ideally change). Every force it outputs is real calculated from the car physics, no canned effects. Problem with G27 is that it's maximum force is very weak, some 10 times weaker than real race cars. So a realistic FFB will most of the time feel weak on G27 unless you fake bump it up which ISI hasn't done.

Actually rF2 FFB isn't meant to be tweaked much at all, the three UI settings (multiplier, smoothing and minimum torque) is pretty much all you need to adjust (even the multiplier you shouldn't ideally change). Every force it outputs is real calculated from the car physics, no canned effects. Problem with G27 is that it's maximum force is very weak, some 10 times weaker than real race cars. So a realistic FFB will most of the time feel weak on G27 unless you fake bump it up which ISI hasn't done.

Cant agree more. Contrary to pCars and 100 of their FFB sliders, you can easily lose the feel and character of the car if you start messing with those sliders..

Noted, I do plan to give rF2 another go Sunday when I get more time, the draw of good A.I. and the numerous other features of rF2 won't let me just say 'no' and be done with it after only 1 hour. :thumbsup:

Having ovals in it will certainly increase the sim's audience, which is a good thing. And in contrast to iRacing, rFactor 2 is bound to have more 'normal' content than stock car related. So, I guess we are perfectly safe for now :)

Hmm, they're keeping the online-subscription thing, and not offering upgrades to "Lifetime" on Steam from an 'Offline' copy...

Not sure if I like that, why put MP behind a paywall ?, it's not even a full-on 'service' like Xbox Live or PS+, or what iRacing does either. What if I want to get it during a Steam sale, try things out off-line when I have time, and then down the road go-online for a league or something ?

Hmm, they're keeping the online-subscription thing, and not offering upgrades to "Lifetime" on Steam from an 'Offline' copy...

Not sure if I like that, why put MP behind a paywall ?, it's not even a full-on 'service' like Xbox Live or PS+, or what iRacing does either. What if I want to get it during a Steam sale, try things out off-line when I have time, and then down the road go-online for a league or something ?
That's what I said on their Facebook. People start racing online after trying once or twice. They are going to exclude these people, really bad.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back