rFactor 2 is coming to Steam, Stock Cars out this weekend

Image Space Incorporated have just announced that their PC simulator rFactor 2 will be coming to Steam in the near future.

The team's flagship racing sim will be joining rFactor 1 on Valve's popular digital store soon, even though there's no further details or a release date for now.

ISI is putting rFactor 2 on Steam to make the game more accessible to an ever-growing user base. A launch trailer has been created for the purpose, and it contains a sneak peek of the much anticipated Stock Cars, which will please the oval racing crowd on RaceDepartment. Get ready to make lots of turns soon!

The Stock Cars are going to be available this weekend! For our early impressions on the Stock Cars, check out our review of rFactor 2.

Are you going to switch your rFactor 2 copy to Steam? Let us know in the comments!

Should be like that since long ago. Making joining your product something "casual" is a must these days. Plus will be better to have more fair prices in different countries and local currency.
As I said to ISI some time ago: some forums are moving their leagues to other "games" and rF2 is not even considered sometimes, hope this move will change that.

*I didn't say making the product casual, I said joining it should be!

• Deleted member 205301

Stock car will brings me back to RF2 for sure ! (but i doubt it could be better than iracing...let's see then)

As long as the implementation of Steam does not work as horribly as IRacing I think it's a very good thing. I guess after RF2 is released on Steam it will lie in my wishlist for quite a while though cuz it's gotta be more expensive than what I wish pay. Also the online license would be another issue, since the only reason I'm getting RF2 should be for club races here at RD. I'm definitely looking forward to Stock Cars, and I'm also looking forward to more oval racing on RD as well, either RF2, GSC, or even AC.

I wonder if this means RF1 will be on sale on Steam soon? Is the game still worth a buy?

I had a feeling they were waiting until they hit release version 1.0. Was a painful wait but glad to see its now happening. I've always preferred the method of buying a steam card at the convenience store and then loading up my account so I limit my credit card usage online. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Likewise, those without credit are also able to purchase the game.

Like i have been saying since initial Beta releases... Finally it arrives. Steam is the de facto standard on PC for delivering updates and content, during a lifecycle of a game. And it has well working systems for this.

Finally some sanity shown on this matter. I'm pleased!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back