OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub

Misc OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I followed the instructions here (link), and it refuses to work.

On step 4 it says:
To assign 'Next Screen' and 'Previous Screen' buttons, open the 'Dash Settings' andconfigure your mappings'.

On "Cycle next dash template", I click on "click to configure".
On press type drop down menu, save is always greyed out no matter what I select.

I've also made sure the plugin dll file is where it's supposed to be.

Overlay layout editor still says "waiting for game", even after restarting and booting rFactor 2.

Edit: I uploaded the wrong picture, sorry.

Last edited:
I followed the instructions here (link), and it refuses to work.

On step 4 it says:

On "Cycle next dash template", I click on "click to configure".
On press type drop down menu, save is always greyed out no matter what I select.

I've also made sure the plugin dll file is where it's supposed to be.

Overlay layout editor still says "waiting for game", even after restarting and booting rFactor 2.

To configure the control to change screens you have to press and assign a button e.g HATRight and HATLeft which is the right and left buttons on the d-pad of a wheel. If it is greyed out then that means you haven't assigned a compatible button. I think it has to be a button on some type of "joystick" controller, such as a wheel/Xbox pad/button box etc. It cannot be a key on a keyboard.
(Also configure the 'Show next/previous dash' in options. SimHub has changed a lot since I've last used it so I don't remember/know how everything works)

By the way, if you want the 'Full Dash' that is shown where you can change screens, then you will need to edit the layout and add the 'Full Dash' Overlay component yourself. Right now the 'Simple Dash' is the default. The simple dash on shows very basic information and cannot change screens to show any additional information.

The overlay will not show up until you are actually on track. If you in a menu or in the garage then it won't show.

Has there been any update to address the stuttering/tearing when using this HUD? Over the last week or so I've reverted to using the standard RF2 HUD and the stuttering is gone, so it seems to be something to do with this plugin, which is a shame as I really miss having this! Thanks.

Has there been any update to address the stuttering/tearing when using this HUD? Over the last week or so I've reverted to using the standard RF2 HUD and the stuttering is gone, so it seems to be something to do with this plugin, which is a shame as I really miss having this! Thanks.
The stuttering and lag problems were fixed ages ago so it should be working fine. Make sure you have checked the "Use HTML Engine" option on all of the overlays under the 'more' button.

A side note to others that are posting or messaging me about updates and features. As I've already said, I am not working on this for the time being so nothing will change or be added. Wotever said he might be updating some things, but he has his own, more important things to do and this probably a very low priority. Thanks

Hi guys,

Thank for all your work, I finally got the overlay to appear.

I started last evening around 8 pm an got it to work at around 4 am ! I was also loosing my time trying to get the Pedal Overlay Plugin to show up... in DX11 :confused:

Plugins where all install as per instructions, Simhub was connected to rF2 but the screen would stay bare. I finally figured that even if "RF2 HUD" was showing in the "Saved Overlay Layouts", I had to build my own hud. Clicking On "Load" would open the "Overlay Layout Editor" and all the widgets were listed with the red " X " on the right but none were visible.

I had to click on "New overlay layout" to get a blank "Overlay Layout Editor" and click on "+Add overlay". Now all the overlays were listed with an "ADD" button next to them. Clicking on each of the ADD buttons made all the overlay appear... that was such a relief !

Also, I run a G29, for what ever reason, during the "4. To assign 'Next Screen' and 'Previous Screen' buttons" step more than a few buttons weren't registering. Like button 10, the middle button on the downward spoke of the wheel... no go. I got it to register with button 1,2,3 and 4; the X, the square, the circle and the triangle.

BTW, is there a way to print out the present controller mapping listed in the "Manage your controllers actions" screen? All my buttons are presently map in the game, I'm not looking forward to double function buttons with an action in rF2 and an action on the hud at the same time.

Fresh Win7 64, GTX970, 29in screen in 2560x1080.

So now... setting things up to something similar to what I had in rF1 with GID... minus the Engine Wear...

Thanks again guys.

EDIT: Woops! Today... well this afternoon, I saw Martin Fiala's post on his FFB widget and since one of the goals of the endeavor is to also get some kind of FFB overlay, I figured the Shared Memory Plugin had an update so did the Simhub package, did those two and now all the overley don't appear no more unless I leave open the Overlay Layout Editor... something is playing with my nerves! :(

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for this nice overlay.
But who can i see the tyre pressure in Kpa please?
There is it only in Psi.
Thanks and a happy new year
Regards
ennimann

EDIT
I found it in the settings from SimHub. grrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Hello,
Is there anyway to create a trackmap where the opponents are coloured by class?
I tried to amend an existing dashboard but as far as I can see you can only change opponent colours but not by class.
Can this be coded?

Reactions: EdL
I have a problem with the official studio 397 gt3 package, the dush works correctly, but it does not allow me to view the TC and ABS information.Anyone know how to solve?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back