OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub

Misc OUTDATED - rFactor 2 Hud - SimHub 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but...

I'm running a 4K TV with a native resolution of 3840 x 2160, but I've set RFactor 2 to run at 1920 x 1080 so I get better performance (running the latest DX11 version).

My problem is, when I try setting RF2 to run in windowed mode it appears very small on my TV rather than scaling up to use the entire screen. If I try to run RF2 in borderless mode when set to 1920 x 1080 I get an error of some kind (not at home at the moment so can't check the exact message, but essentially it won't load up).

RF2 works fine set to 1920 x 1080 in full screen mode, i.e. it scales up so it uses the entire screen real estate, but then obviously I can't use SimHub as it won't work with full screen mode.

Any ideas how I can get RF2 to run at 1920 x 1080 in either windowed or borderless mode but upscale so it uses up the entirety of my 3840 x 2160 screen??

Also, in my attempts at trying to get it working I uninstalled and reinstalled SimHub and the RFactor 2 HUD, following the instructions closely, but now when I click on "Dash Studio" within SimHub, I no longer see anything refering to RFactor 2 when on the Dashboards tab, only when I switch over to the Overlays tab. I'm convinced that prior to reinstalling I had various RFactor 2 options available on the Dashboards tab - or am I imagining it?!

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Really loving RFactor 2 and will gladly donate to this if I can get it working!

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this, but...

I'm running a 4K TV with a native resolution of 3840 x 2160, but I've set RFactor 2 to run at 1920 x 1080 so I get better performance (running the latest DX11 version).

My problem is, when I try setting RF2 to run in windowed mode it appears very small on my TV rather than scaling up to use the entire screen. If I try to run RF2 in borderless mode when set to 1920 x 1080 I get an error of some kind (not at home at the moment so can't check the exact message, but essentially it won't load up).

RF2 works fine set to 1920 x 1080 in full screen mode, i.e. it scales up so it uses the entire screen real estate, but then obviously I can't use SimHub as it won't work with full screen mode.

Any ideas how I can get RF2 to run at 1920 x 1080 in either windowed or borderless mode but upscale so it uses up the entirety of my 3840 x 2160 screen??

Also, in my attempts at trying to get it working I uninstalled and reinstalled SimHub and the RFactor 2 HUD, following the instructions closely, but now when I click on "Dash Studio" within SimHub, I no longer see anything refering to RFactor 2 when on the Dashboards tab, only when I switch over to the Overlays tab. I'm convinced that prior to reinstalling I had various RFactor 2 options available on the Dashboards tab - or am I imagining it?!

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Really loving RFactor 2 and will gladly donate to this if I can get it working!
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The only solution I have for your problem is to change the resolution of the screen before you want to drive on rF2 and change it back once you have finished, which luckily is a quick process, on Windows 10 anyway.

To do this on Windows 10, right click on the desktop and then click on 'Display Settings'. There will be a drop-down menu with a list of resolutions, you can click 1920 x 1080, accept changes and rF2 will fit the screen in windowed or borderless mode.

Windows 7 requires you to click Start→Control Panel→Appearance and Personalization and then click the Adjust Screen Resolution link. There will be a drop-down menu with a slider that lets you adjust the resolution.

Also, there are no rF2 dashboards for this, just overlay options.

I don't have a donate button on the download page as I don't ask for donations, but if you're feeling generous then I really appreciate it.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The only solution I have for your problem is to change the resolution of the screen before you want to drive on rF2 and change it back once you have finished, which luckily is a quick process, on Windows 10 anyway.

To do this on Windows 10, right click on the desktop and then click on 'Display Settings'. There will be a drop-down menu with a list of resolutions, you can click 1920 x 1080, accept changes and rF2 will fit the screen in windowed or borderless mode.

Windows 7 requires you to click Start→Control Panel→Appearance and Personalization and then click the Adjust Screen Resolution link. There will be a drop-down menu with a slider that lets you adjust the resolution.

Also, there are no rF2 dashboards for this, just overlay options.

I don't have a donate button on the download page as I don't ask for donations, but if you're feeling generous then I really appreciate it.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go. If it works nicely then I'll most definitely donate!

Cheers.

All now working great thanks to the advice above, thanks - it's pretty much perfect! I've donated.

One thing though, the dash is appearing on screen all the time - even when I'm in the menus, and it's obscuring some of the menu options, even though I've ticked the "hide when not in race" button.

Any ideas what I've missed please?

Excuse the bump...has anyone else had the issue above, where the dash stays on screen even when in the menu screen?
I'm not sure about your problem as I haven't sim raced or used SimHub in a while, I think you would get an answer in the SimHub software page. -> http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/

Also, I think you must have donated to SimHub, not me. Wotever should have emailed you a license for your donation so make sure to activate your full verison if you haven't already:thumbsup:

Hi,

I have followed the install instructions and am still having issues with the hud displaying over my rfactor2. SimHub detects the game and displays that it is connected it just wont overlay itself. If I ALT+TAB I can see all the widgets that are being drawn behind but for the life of me cannot figure out why this is occuring.

Any fixes for this problem?
Cheers,
Lewis

Hi,

I have followed the install instructions and am still having issues with the hud displaying over my rfactor2. SimHub detects the game and displays that it is connected it just wont overlay itself. If I ALT+TAB I can see all the widgets that are being drawn behind but for the life of me cannot figure out why this is occuring.

Any fixes for this problem?
Cheers,
Lewis
Is your game set to windowed or borderless mode?

Yes, tried both settings to no avail. Running both as admin, you name it
Only two things I can think of:
  • Open up SimHub and load up the overlay before rFactor2 is open
  • Try to edit the overlay layout then save it, or create a new layout
I've never had this problem before so I don't know what else to suggest. If this doesn't fix it then maybe go to the SimHub page and ask Wotever

Yeah for some reason this doesn't work anymore with the current rf2 version. None of the widgets are getting any data. Worked fine 7 days ago when I last used it, but there was a rf2 update since then.

Hi @FinesseSteez Would you agree if i update some of your Overlays and send them to you for an update ? i would like to remove a bunch of js formulas which are not required anymore,
I've made some testing and currently running the full layout gives barely 8000 Js formulas evaluated per second, which is huuuuge ! Lot of people like your overlays but those Js formulas are killing it (mostly the LB formulas)
But i've offered some alternatives to JS formulas for this case. Since I can't optimize the JS engine itself (I use a library, and there are very few alternatives), I would like to cure the problem from the root and change a little your creation :D.
I've been fighting for months with your specific creation about performance, I think it's time to solves this for good :D

Hi @FinesseSteez Would you agree if i update some of your Overlays and send them to you for an update ? i would like to remove a bunch of js formulas which are not required anymore,
I've made some testing and currently running the full layout gives barely 8000 Js formulas evaluated per second, which is huuuuge ! Lot of people like your overlays but those Js formulas are killing it (mostly the LB formulas)
But i've offered some alternatives to JS formulas for this case. Since I can't optimize the JS engine itself (I use a library, and there are very few alternatives), I would like to cure the problem from the root and change a little your creation :D.
I've been fighting for months with your specific creation about performance, I think it's time to solves this for good :D
Absolutely no problem. Also, if anybody else wants to share any improvements they have made on this they can.:thumbsup:

My wheel broke so I probably will not do any more work or updates on this myself:cry:

I just tested it and it works fine for me. SimHub has had a few updates recently so maybe that's it.
I'm glad you checked it, motivated me to find the problem^^ It seems something broke when I updated to the newest simhub version and then rolled back to the old version afterwards.

Reinstalling from scratch did not work either. So I overwrote the SimHub folder with a month old copy that I salvaged from my last system-backup and this somehow worked out :D

I hope you can start racing again soon :)

Still having the problem with the overlay appearing at all times, even when in menus. Any ideas how to resolve this? I also seem to get some stuttering in races when using the HUD, which disappears when not using it. Getting a pretty stable FPS of over 100 but AI cars are jumping all over the place. Any suggestions for fixing/minimizing the stuttering please? @FinesseSteez @Wotever

Still having the problem with the overlay appearing at all times, even when in menus. Any ideas how to resolve this? I also seem to get some stuttering in races when using the HUD, which disappears when not using it. Getting a pretty stable FPS of over 100 but AI cars are jumping all over the place. Any suggestions for fixing/minimizing the stuttering please? @FinesseSteez @Wotever
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-hud-simhub.143385/page-4#post-2750716 ;)

Love this software, but have a quick question. A mate of mine has two systems running RF2 on his network. One is fine but the other is an older machine and can only seem to run the X32 version successfully most of the time. Is there a way to get SimHub working with the 32 bit version of Rfactor 2?

Hey there. Is there already an update regarding this? cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 222 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years